Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PLATINUM PROBLEMS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Problems & Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author PLATINUM PROBLEMS
EMAMIT
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: PLATINUM PROBLEMS Reply with quote

For kind attention of Swing Trader/Pro Trader and iCharts development team –

Some of the problems I faced while using platinum charts – (some of them are application specific and others are platform specific)

1. First problem that I encountered is whenever we want to create a chart it asks for date range – problem is it’s not automatically moves previously viewed date to current date. Say if I viewed platinum chart on 11-May-2012 and when I view the same chart on 14-May-2012 I have to change the date so that it can show the data for 14-May-2012. It would be better if current date automatically included.
2. There is a lot of confusion regarding indicator values and these values some time does not match with most used formulae for indicators
3. Scanner and Alert does not work – don’t know how to use them or how they respond – even after my interactions with PT
4. Slow to respond and prone to crash - It silverlight problem if you enter some wrong data or script etc. silverlight crashes and you have to close browser and login again.

Hope you will do something before you go live for platinum and atleast put a well constructed and detailed help document about how to use platinum.

Thanks in Advance
ProTrader
Site Admin

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for you feedback.

1. By default end date is the current date. If you enter a specific end date and save it as default, it will retain that.

2. With respect to indicator values, many of them depend on the number of days of data or smoothening factor applied. If there is any specific indicator that you want us to look at, please let us know and we will check the formula for the same.

3. Scanner and Alert do work. We have given some samples in the forum. Also please check the help file later today in Website updates section for scripting and more samples.

4. Silverlight in general requires more memory than other. For example we tested them on different laptops with i7, i5 and i3 CPUs, having RAM 4 to 8 GB. They have worked fine. Please let us know your configuration and we can look into further. It should not crash if you enter wrong scrip name. We will retest it at our end.

Regards,
ProTrader
iakash
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear PT,

Platinum charts is a fantastic initiative from your side and is the best offering till now. Yet there are certain areas of concern which need to be sorted before launching Platinum as a separate service. Some of the issues that i face are:

1. Setting do not get saved properly: Even after saving default workspace or saving workspace to disk, many times it happens that after opening the charts again, some or all of the settings are lost.

I have saved 6 charts in my workspace, but when i reopen, indicators are saved only for the 1st chart. They are lost from other charts...while trendlines are lost from all charts.

2. Certain settings cannot be saved.

e.g. i) Price style: i prefer using bar chart but that cannot be saved as default. Everytime charts open in candlestick format and i have to change it to bar chart.

ii) Panel height: does not get saved even for an active session. I use 3 indicator panels apart from main panel and resize the panels so that i can see the indicator panels big...but when i shift from one chart to other and come back to 1st chart, the panels get resized to default.... this makes shifting between charts cumbersome.

3. No Log Scale: There is general belief that trendlines work better on log scale that on linear scale. I am very surprised to not see option of using log scale in Platinum charts. Hope you introduce it soon.

4. Indicator Parameters cannot be changed: e.g. If i plot Stochastic with (15,3,3) as my parameters, i cannot change it to (8,3,4) or any other setting. I have to delete the indicator and add in again with the new parameters. This makes studying charts difficult.

5. Zoom In/Out from Toolbar and Scrollbar is not smooth: Zoom in using Click and Drag is smooth enough but you can't use it for zoom out.

6. Another funny problem i face is that: i have an EMA plotted over an indicator. Every time i open the chart, a "1" gets appended to the label of the EMA. On day 1, it read EMA1(34)...day2 it became EMA11(34)...day3 it became EMA111(34)...as of today its EMA1111111(34). Its a minor problem compared to the ones mentioned above but it serves as in irritant. So please solve it too.

I sincerely appreciate your efforts in building Platinum charts and i am a fan of it... Just hope that you iron out above issues before launching it as a separate service. Hoping to have a fantastic charting experience with Platinum charts soon.

Akash.
ProTrader
Site Admin

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Akash:

Few things that we have fixed..

iakash wrote:
Dear PT,

Platinum charts is a fantastic initiative from your side and is the best offering till now. Yet there are certain areas of concern which need to be sorted before launching Platinum as a separate service. Some of the issues that i face are:

1. Setting do not get saved properly: Even after saving default workspace or saving workspace to disk, many times it happens that after opening the charts again, some or all of the settings are lost.

I have saved 6 charts in my workspace, but when i reopen, indicators are saved only for the 1st chart. They are lost from other charts...while trendlines are lost from all charts.

--We are still checking all the probabilities here as we were unable to replicate it.

2. Certain settings cannot be saved.

e.g. i) Price style: i prefer using bar chart but that cannot be saved as default. Everytime charts open in candlestick format and i have to change it to bar chart.

-- This is fixed

ii) Panel height: does not get saved even for an active session. I use 3 indicator panels apart from main panel and resize the panels so that i can see the indicator panels big...but when i shift from one chart to other and come back to 1st chart, the panels get resized to default.... this makes shifting between charts cumbersome.

-- This should work if you have saved the default setting on the chart properties. Please send us screen shots if possible.

3. No Log Scale: There is general belief that trendlines work better on log scale that on linear scale. I am very surprised to not see option of using log scale in Platinum charts. Hope you introduce it soon.

--This has been added now. The option was hidden earlier.

4. Indicator Parameters cannot be changed: e.g. If i plot Stochastic with (15,3,3) as my parameters, i cannot change it to (8,3,4) or any other setting. I have to delete the indicator and add in again with the new parameters. This makes studying charts difficult.

--This has been enabled.

5. Zoom In/Out from Toolbar and Scrollbar is not smooth: Zoom in using Click and Drag is smooth enough but you can't use it for zoom out.

--This is something we have to continuously work on. There are some limitations due to the nature of the interface.

6. Another funny problem i face is that: i have an EMA plotted over an indicator. Every time i open the chart, a "1" gets appended to the label of the EMA. On day 1, it read EMA1(34)...day2 it became EMA11(34)...day3 it became EMA111(34)...as of today its EMA1111111(34). Its a minor problem compared to the ones mentioned above but it serves as in irritant. So please solve it too.

I sincerely appreciate your efforts in building Platinum charts and i am a fan of it... Just hope that you iron out above issues before launching it as a separate service. Hoping to have a fantastic charting experience with Platinum charts soon.

Akash.

Thanks for your support. We will keep updating this tool regularly.

Regards,
ProTrader
gauravtrader
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear PT,

Please have a look at Renko chart style in platinum version. All other chart styles are plotted well except for renko. Eg: Looking at nifty-1m...15 min charts for last 7 days..the box sizes are so small that its unusable...Also there is no provision to change box size and without knowing box size, it becomes difficult to analyze......I think stockcharts.com's version is way to go
Regards
Gaurav
nkiran
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Admin,

I have created a workplace in platinum. It has about 8 charts. After I load it from hard disk, few charts open blank. This happens mainly during market hours.
In non market hours all chart open properly.

Please identify and fix this issue.

regards,
Kiran
kamal.icharts
Site Admin

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Member,

Please clear the temporary files and cache of the browser once. You need to do this daily for better performance of the silverlight charts.

Please try and let us know, if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Kamal.

nkiran wrote:
Dear Admin,

I have created a workplace in platinum. It has about 8 charts. After I load it from hard disk, few charts open blank. This happens mainly during market hours.
In non market hours all chart open properly.

Please identify and fix this issue.

regards,
Kiran
iakash
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProTrader wrote:
Dear Akash:

Few things that we have fixed..

Thanks for your support. We will keep updating this tool regularly.

Regards,
ProTrader

Dear PT,

Thanks for replying to my previous post.

In continuity to the previous discussion, here are few more areas to look at. Please consider this as a small effort on my side to further improve Platinum Charts:

1. Slow or no Update: Last couple of days, i have observed that platinum charts update/autorefresh very slowly compared to Jcharts premium which update almost instantly. Sometimes the updates were delayed by about 1 min. Many times platinum charts just stopped updating and i had to shift to Jcharts as last resort.

2. Indicator Labels in Blue Box do not show Period Value: If i plot 5 EMAs on my chart (say EMA5, EMA15, EMA50, EMA100 and EMA200), the blue box shows labels as EMA1, EMA2, EMA3, EMA4 and EMA5 instead of showing the actual EMA periods in the labels. Also, there is indicator panel at the top of the chart, but only few indicator values are visible... rest get hidden. So there is no way to know which EMA on chart corresponds to which period.

Please refer to snapshot attached below for reference.

I hope you try to address these issues too.

Thanks in advance,
Akash.

P.S.: Next week onwards i will be testing the scanner and custom indicator and will give u my feedback. Hope it would turn out valuable to you.

Snapshot.png
 Description:
Snapshot shows EMA labels in blue box do not represent period and indicator panel does not show values of all indicators.
 Filesize:  166.96 KB
 Viewed:  514 Time(s)

Snapshot.png

nkiran
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am opening my saved workspace from disk. After minor changes want to save again on disk. But after clicking on save, the file is not saved on disk.

I tried in IE as well in Chrome, but same problem.

regards.
kiran
ProTrader
Site Admin

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear akash:

we were trying to do some debugging for the last few days for logging. And that would have slowed the data updates. we will add the indicator values in the blue indicator panel.

thanks for your inputs.

regards....pt
ProTrader
Site Admin

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nkiran wrote:
Hi,

I am opening my saved workspace from disk. After minor changes want to save again on disk. But after clicking on save, the file is not saved on disk.

regards.
kiran

Kiran:

can you please email us the file and we would have a look at it.

thanks...pt
iakash
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear PT,

I am facing same problem since yesterday.

I have a workspace saved on my system. When i "save workspace to disk", i save it with same file name as earlier and replace the earlier file with the new one. I also save it as default workspace.

But since yesterday, "Save Default Workspace" isn't working and "Save Workspace to Disk" does not open latest saved version of the file, but opens the version i saved 2 days ago.

Kindly look into this issue.

Thanks, Akash.

ProTrader wrote:
nkiran wrote:
Hi,

regards.
kiran

Kiran:

can you please email us the file and we would have a look at it.

thanks...pt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Problems & Complaints All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: