Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pls suggest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Risk / Money Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Suggest
Citi
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Standard chartered
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
HSBC
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Author Pls suggest
Rebel
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Pls suggest Reply with quote

Dear friends I have individual accounts in HDFC Icici but need a foreign banks service so pls sugges few good
Rebel
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to add RBS, also include this
udaysahai
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, almost all services are provided by all the banks including the ones you mentioned, but since you want Foreign bank I suggest...American Express, Bank of America and Standard Chartered, Stanchart is a good bank with good branch network in India and abroad..Compare the types of services you need then choose. Being an ex banker myself I can only say that all of them are good but the one which fits your needs and the cost of services are reasonable...go for it...hope this was helpful.
Best regards.
Rebel
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Uday,will go with standard chartered Smile
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel: Certainly I can reco Hum Sabse Bada Crook bank!
1 Largest number of complaints. Google "HSBC+ court case+ Krishnamurthy" and see how they looted crores from singer/ Bharat Natyam dancer who trusted them with money and went to USA for 6m. Google HSBC + complaints and see for yourself
2 I myself spent 8-9 months to remove my father's shares/ MF/ savings account EVEN AFTER getting Succession Cert from court
3 I cannot name him but this senior who I met in HSBC himself was holding demat elsewhere as too high charges
4a Even after agreeing to hand over, HSBC tried to force me & sisters to keep shares in HSBC to loot high charges
4b In MF section the lady executive was afraid to hand over MF units because we would redeem and go elsewhere. We had to lie that we would remain in HSBCMF (One of the worst performers in rankings)
5 4 months after I wrote detailed complaint to MD, she coolly writes back thru sidey that my complaint had no basis and so rejected
6 Beautiful figure+ attractively dressed girls at counter to stop male brain from working and to make you accept whatever nonsense they talk (I felt impact even at 55 age so imagine 25 y/o IT exec!)
7 While waiting for manager I was amazed to see 25 year old female "relationship executive" confidently telling potential client how they will completely manage his Rs 5 cr portfolio and make him richer! I wish I knew his email id to find out how much was left of his then Rs 5 cr portfolio, today!!!
8 Another bad sign is every 2 months managers are shuffled so you start all over again with new person!
9 Even when account balance cheques were ready, (my sisters live in US) sorry sir we can only hand over to beneficiary (!) and you have to show proper foto id!!!

Rebel: I have to ask, what dont you get in Indian bank like Axis, HDFC, Karnataka, SBI etc that you want from foreign bank???
Rebel
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prakash ji thanx a lot .opened my eyes ,daily we hear some sort issues with HSBC.and on the other side citi demanding for 2,00,000 deposit initially to open account.on the other hand standard chartered demanding things only like our indian private banks.will keep with indian banks as you said thanks for the advice..happy week end... Very Happy
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel: Next episode is based on Citi!
My father helped his son-in-law to bribe tenant to vacate Bombay flat. Son-in-law in a hurry to go back to job in US so...
by getting Citi loan agnst shares
1 They give loan fast but...
2 Others inside bank premises say dont get in trouble paying back, they will sell best shares at whatever rates they want and adjust against your loan
3 Very high maintenance charges and irrational behaviour of executives
4 We finally got sick of Citi and arranged PSU bank loan and paid back Citi
5 Finally account showing Rs 15.20 dr balance, I paid cash
6 Next day on enqy, balance is shown 15.20+15.20 =30.40! When I asked the manager he says sorry will rectify. Others whispered it is Sept 29, and on Oct 01 they want to charge Rs 2500 six monthly maint charge. I caught Manager's tie and said you want me to drag you to Nariman Pt Bombay police station? He hurriedly got it rectified and gave the shares back!!!
7 A Bombay friend when told of Citi experience said frankly "you have to count fingers after they shake hands with you"!!!

Rebel: What is missing in Indian owned banks that you want to go and make foreign banks rich???
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel: Next 'SHITTY' episode:
Famous technologist and Central Govt employee XYZ is driving around in Bombay and suddenly an open jeep cuts in front and stops him. With filthy bad words the goondas sitting inside threaten him and make him get down and hand over keys. When he asks politely why, they give more bad words and say you cant pay back loan give us your car. But I repaid every paisa?!?! They dont listen, check dirty paper list, see your vehicle no is there and one of them drives off with his car without de-clutching!
After giving police complaint, branch manager is summoned by station inspector and sheepishly admits wrong entry in list and is forced to give money for damage to gear box + damage to reputation+ written apology
What would have happened to Common Man like us?

Rebel: Next "Shitty" episode

Bangalore MG Road ShittyBank office renovation going on night and day against rules, drilling and hammering at midnight, workers housed in corner of plot, bath everything. Dirty water enters next site. Next door is old house of Anglo Indian. No personal complaint is entertained. Cops have been "adjusted". Who cares?

Last edited by pkholla on Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rebel
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prakash ji will say NO to the foreign banks I love india really a awesome real life advice.my money.my country.my bank. Jai hind.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Pls suggest Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
Dear friends I have individual accounts in HDFC Icici but need a foreign banks service so pls sugges few good

standard chartered bank, 5+ yrs of experience... overdraft savings & dollar account, 2 different branches in Mumbai, 5+ RMs... all young under 35.... worst worst service. Enough to cause me piling losses to close the accounts.

Senior persons in the nationalized banks provide better service.
Rebel
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uday ji,Prakash ji,Apka ji. Thanks for the kind advice I am aware and beware now. Have a great week ahead. 2guns
GHAISAS
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prakashbhai & apka,

thanks for the valuable input.

ghaisas
Rebel
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the valuable inputs.my icici bank offers more than what foreign banks offer,beautiful rubyx privilege debit card with Rs.150,000 withdrawal at ATM & Rs.250,000 swipe at merchant loc.till now not even a single penny charged in my account for AMB charges ,good customercare great branch infra,helpful employees,they take token and give to me.only downside is icici considers people with monthly salary Rs.22000 & above for loans and credit cards and respect people with bundles of cash on hand.more over i have seen the icici customers are seen as rich people generally.which status i think no other banks had reached.india's foreign bank.

HDFC offers good netbanking,Rs.15000 & above for loans and cr.cards but not upto icici in terms of overall offers,product portfolio and security factors...

once again thank you all....
Very Happy
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel: NO NEED TO REPLY. I am having a lot of fun writing about the foren benks trying to make ullu of desis!
Someone I trust recently informed me that SHITTYBANK has thought of a NEW GIMMICK!
To discourage you from visiting their branch, they will levy Rs 150 PER VISIT from account holders!!! Please access through internet ONLY
Next they will fine any employee who dares to report to work. They will supply computer (and put webcam to supervise) to staff who will work from home!
Slowly SHITTYBANK will become virtual except for real loot from your accounts!
And these are the ra%&^$s that the RBI Governor wants to encourage to enter India, take over small banks, loot us.
Are we entering Ravan Raaj? Prakash Holla
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Risk / Money Management All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: