Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pop Gun Pattern
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Technical Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Pop Gun Pattern
s.muthuswamy
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #16   PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Pop gun pattern Reply with quote

This pattern consists of three candles where the middle one lies completely inside the other two.
Look at the candles of NF for 21 ,22 and 23.6.11 where the small candle of 22.6.11 lies inside that of 23.6.11.

This is the exact pop gun pattern.

Dear Prakash,
I am just following the definition given in the website where the coffee example was given.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #17   PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Muthuswamy, many thanks for prompt reply and clarification. Please see NF for 8,9,10 Feb 2012: nearly qualifies as Pop Gun except for fact that bottom of body of 10 candle same as bottom of body of 9 candle. what is your opinion, sir? If it qualifies, this may signal a rapid fall AND rise in NF values in near future! Thanks in advance, Prakash Holla
s.muthuswamy
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #18   PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Pop gun pattern Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
Dear Muthuswamy, many thanks for prompt reply and clarification. Please see NF for 8,9,10 Feb 2012: nearly qualifies as Pop Gun except for fact that bottom of body of 10 candle same as bottom of body of 9 candle. what is your opinion, sir? If it qualifies, this may signal a rapid fall AND rise in NF values in near future! Thanks in advance, Prakash Holla

Kindly refer to the coffee example again. The 3 days you have given do not form a pop gun.
Sorry , Mr. Prakash.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #19   PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muthuswamy sir: happy pop-gunning. once again thanks for prompt reply. please post in this thread if u spot a pop gun. rgds, prakash holla
jyothi2011
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #20   PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SIR DO U MEAN THAT DOWMTREND HAS BEGUN? PLS REPLY
amit0666
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #21   PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muthuswamy sir
jan 2012 ,4,5,6 is pop gun pattern or not pls clearify
s.muthuswamy
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #22   PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amit0666 wrote:
muthuswamy sir
jan 2012 ,4,5,6 is pop gun pattern or not pls clearify

Mr.Amit, your observation is correct.
Usually pop gun pattern appears after a prolonged rally or fall or sideways movements. So I took into consideration the candle of 9th Jan, after sideways movements.

Pop gun pattern does show a reversal but now we are yet to get a chance for reversal. If it happens it will be sharp and quick as per pop gun theory.
The recovery (this time , it is a fall) ranges from 50% onwards.

Let's see what happens.
amit0666
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #23   PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muthuswamy sir
is this pattern is working on every time frame or eod only
s.muthuswamy
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #24   PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Pop gun pattern Reply with quote

Pop gun pattern works well on EOD basis and not so well on lower tf as far as my knowledge goes.

It seems the rise from 4780(10-1-12) of NF after the pop gun pattern on 9-1-12 seems to have stopped at 5700 and the recovery has started. Usually the recovery will be sharp and may last upto 100% or more( as in the case of the last time). Let's see.
sherbaaz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #25   PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Pop gun pattern Reply with quote

s.muthuswamy wrote:
Pop gun pattern works well on EOD basis and not so well on lower tf as far as my knowledge goes.

It seems the rise from 4780(10-1-12) of NF after the pop gun pattern on 9-1-12 seems to have stopped at 5700 and the recovery has started. Usually the recovery will be sharp and may last upto 100% or more( as in the case of the last time). Let's see.

Hi,

Can you tell me is there any way to find out where the pattern will stop and come back?

Regards,
s.muthuswamy
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #26   PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Pop gun pattern Reply with quote

I had not come across a method to find where the recovery to pop gun method comes to an end.

I have seen a no. of scrips and indices exhibiting recovery from 50% to more than 100%

The last time NF gave a pop gun pattern was on 23.6.11. That time the rise was from 5336 to 5760=424pts.
Recovery was from 5760 to 4718=1042 pts., nearly 250%

Freightening?
sherbaaz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #27   PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Pop gun pattern Reply with quote

s.muthuswamy wrote:
I had not come across a method to find where the recovery to pop gun method comes to an end.

I have seen a no. of scrips and indices exhibiting recovery from 50% to more than 100%

The last time NF gave a pop gun pattern was on 23.6.11. That time the rise was from 5336 to 5760=424pts.

Freightening?

this is the most confusing aspect if this pattern there is no reliability when it come back as wht ever has gone up has to come down from some point and vice versa.
but there is no logic to relate it to pop gun pattern.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #28   PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Pop gun pattern Reply with quote

sherbaaz wrote:
s.muthuswamy wrote:

Freightening?

this is the most confusing aspect if this pattern there is no reliability when it come back as wht ever has gone up has to come down from some point and vice versa. but there is no logic to relate it to pop gun pattern.

sherbaaz seth: if u get rise 200 points indicating fall will be anywhere from 100 to 400 this is not enough for you? Also muthuswamy has earlier indicated that MOST PROBABLY fall will be equal ie 200 points in this example. No system will give mathematical precision. For square off please use usual 34 SMA or 50EMA or 8DMA or BB10 etc rgds prakash holla

Last edited by pkholla on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
sherbaaz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #29   PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Pop gun pattern Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
sherbaaz wrote:
s.muthuswamy wrote:

Freightening?

this is the most confusing aspect if this pattern there is no reliability when it come back as wht ever has gone up has to come down from some point and vice versa. but there is no logic to relate it to pop gun pattern.

sherbaaz seth: if u get up 200 points indicating down will be anywhere from 100 to 400 this is not enough for you? no system will give mathematical precision. for square off please use usual 34 SMA or 50EMA or 8DMA or BB10 etc rgds prakash holla

wht is enough or not enough is not a Q here. you have not understood my point at all. I am trying to enhance the probability not precision kindly understand if you can.

I am not aware of the method for finding the probable point so asked him. If you can contribute to the problem it would be great.

regds,
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #30   PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sherbaaz seth: i am sorry. can i reco a link? put "shares+popgun pattern" search in google. theory nicely explained with chart example of coffee rgds prakash holla
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Technical Analysis All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: