Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Possibility of selling on Margin pressure on Monday?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Risk / Money Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Possibility of selling on Margin pressure on Monday?!
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #16   PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
Experts, what do you make of the attached chart?

Hey Vinay,

We can just wait for monday and see IF NIFTY OPENS GAP UP and trade in green and closes at days high. JUST HOPE THIS HAPPENS.......may be then as per candle stick pattern....abondoned baby, bullish reversal pattern will emerge........UNTIL then NO TRADE.

Regards,
Chetan.
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #17   PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi rk

thanks and welcome

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #18   PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks once again casper. I have two questions

1. I have been hearing some experts talking about nifty going to 4000. Is it because they trust 61.8% retracement of the full move more than others or is it a given fact?
2. The fibo I had sent was 50,0, being a default. Why this default and how does it alter interpretation if we use different values?

Thanks also for your philosophical gospel. Encouraging.
rrang438
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #19   PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I greatly appreciate you casper, only few people are in the market to teach their knowledge to others. I strongly believe, you are one among with them... India will go upward directions in technology using experienced knowledge persons like you....

me too learner and looking last three years for finding or getting info from others... till now i did not reach them.. ( in my circle no one market, if i succeeded sure i will teach the secret to everyone to get rich and make rich India like USA

Here i would like to tell one thing which India has very valuable medicine like Ayurveda (Pachila marunthu ) which is very less now because lack of knowledge transfer

Keep good work! ..... Appreciated Again ~!!!
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #20   PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi vinay

lets see what is fib numbers actually....

its a series of number, discovered by leonardo fibonacci (not very sure... i may forget the name also)

he saw some numbers are just sum total of their previous two numbers, the series goes like following

0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,89,........... up to infinity

pick up any two consecutive number and add up, u will have the 3rd number, and this series, when it was developed in medieval time created much hype but that was all.

then following the advancement in science it was noted that right from statistics up to modern genetics this series has a say in almost every thing, and specially when it comes about a population or mass behavior ( right from mortality rate and cell division up to reproduction and reproductive cells production) it works like a magic

that was not all, another surprise was waiting for researchers, when u divide most (other than 0,1,2.3) fib series number with its predecessor, u get a result of .615/.617 or some thing like that, where .61 is almost a constant entity

and that .61 or 61% is most strong level for any applied field of study .... thus it is known as "golden ratio" in fib
and it is also time tested in market , so no wonder peoples sought after it

and 50 % is not a fib level actually, it is just meridian of previous move, being meridian and getting noted by none other than W.D.Gann ( i really dont understand his and Elliott's theory) peoples prefer this 50 % too

now that was the theory part

let us see nifty long time chart again

see now we are not in a position to draw any oblique trend lines, we have , at the best a flat trend line around 4700 ( flat lines are more imp than oblique one, jut rem it for now, i will explain why, if needed)

but we have a huge gap, the great famous "election gap" gaps are known to provide great support/ resistance and the gaps level is coinciding with 61% the golden ratio

i guess that's why every one is taking it very seriously and expecting it to be the hardest support available

jcharts (54).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  30.24 KB
 Viewed:  556 Time(s)

jcharts (54).png

casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #21   PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrang438 wrote:
I greatly appreciate you casper, only few people are in the market to teach their knowledge to others. I strongly believe, you are one among with them... India will go upward directions in technology using experienced knowledge persons like you....

me too learner and looking last three years for finding or getting info from others... till now i did not reach them.. ( in my circle no one market, if i succeeded sure i will teach the secret to everyone to get rich and make rich India like USA

Here i would like to tell one thing which India has very valuable medicine like Ayurveda (Pachila marunthu ) which is very less now because lack of knowledge transfer

Keep good work! ..... Appreciated Again ~!!!

hi brother,

thanks and welcome

knowledge is some thing which increases as we spread it, u know i have a very different back ground, never studied commerce or business management, it was an accident in my life which brought me in stock market.....

it was an accident that i started trading with some 2k capital, which was left with me Very Happy

and it was certainly NOT an accident that within first week of my glorious (!!!) trading career , i was "bingo"

then i gathered knowledge and traded with even smaller quantity, i could not afford to buy books bcoz first of all i had no money and 2ndly i had no idea of what to read actually

i learnt alone, without any guide to help me and learnt mostly from other peoples blog, being much younger than most of the "serious traders" and going through a sort of inferiority complex i never dared to ask any one, so only one way was left to me.... learn through burning my hands..... i did it

today, i am a professional trader..... i earn through trading and i run a successful website and whats more, we ( me and some of the top shot traders/t.a) manage a fund too

though this fund is not huge one..... but its an achievement for me

and today when i see u guys, trying to understand the logic of markets, experimenting, exploring , sharing ur knowledge , smiling together at success, and consoling each other in sudden failures (which is , ofcourse a part of the game) i just find my past in u, trying hard to understand, some time successful, some times not, but still fighting.....

i dont know all, and i consider myself a student, plz pray for me that i always can consider myself a student....

when i see u guys r discussing, i get my does of inspiration.... my motto from u

".....and miles to go before i sleep and miles to go before i sleep"

Last edited by casper on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
ramamoorthi
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #22   PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: NIFTY MONDAY LEVELS Reply with quote

verunocci annae vanakkam.....

nifty monday and weekly levels explain.....

artist
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #23   PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Casper once again. I knew about fibo the guy and the background history behind those numbers and that his numbers apply a great to all aspects of nature and the markets but not how they were used. Good learning
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #24   PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nifty opened with a Gap down and mostly trading flat till this time.

Now If the margin selling takes place it may nosedive any time to recover later.

RK
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #25   PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi rk, vinay and all

as i told u to see in real time what happens, i still dont know what u did, but here i am showing u what i did and finished just now

chart number 55 shows us a + div, there is a possibility of upmove and a long can be initiated with a sl at days low- 5 nifty points

chart number 56 (vinay its for u, otherwise i dont use fib extensively, it was purposely done to show u fib's use)

we took a retracement study from friday's top point to days lower point so far and checked the fib levels of resistance

by this, we could find presence of resi around 5095, so we can take it as our target of long (it may or may not go beyond this, but given general bearish atmosphere, we should be careful)

so as we expected, div worked out and price faced resi at 5097 making a high and immediately came down, i could not book there

then again, price rose, after taking support at the tl we hv drawn and made a high around 5092.... i went out, now typing this and seeing nf running a lil higher, but im happy wid what i cud make Very Happy

if u guys are intra players and did some thing like this then a big "thumbs up" other wise.... well we will see it next time and on that time we will b better prepared to face it!

and if any one is long, they can watch out for 34 ema in 5 tf which is around 5102 nf, if we clear it then no prbs, otherwise, we should exit longs there

jcharts (56).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  33.22 KB
 Viewed:  544 Time(s)

jcharts (56).png

jcharts (55).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  29.58 KB
 Viewed:  556 Time(s)

jcharts (55).png

vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #26   PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Casper

I was looking at the chart and felt like buying 5300 call when NF was around 5070. I bought it at 44.76 and sold at 50.30 when NF was around 5105. Lucky me! Wink
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #27   PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Casper!

Thanks for that.
I prefered to stay away. I did not trade today.
Even away from terminal and net from past 1 1/2 hour.

Thanks &Regards
RK
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #28   PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all

i am convinced that nifty fut was feeling heavy under my weight (!!!), the moment i descended it went up 24

ok, such thing happens and will happen, cant get them all

looks like nf darling is planning to offer us another ride. here we go,

rk

when u r otherswise free but dont want to risk, then take paper trade at lest, it will enrich u

vinay
congrat!
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #29   PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, enough of nf business for me

now no more nf for rest of the day, i will watch movie now angel

it had a - div along wid a inv hammer candle ... so shorted and booked

if it comes down any more..... let it come down, but i am again happy wid what i got

vinay, rk and any other who is looking or may look,

just notice how this time we have took the earlier long move as main trend and how got fib level of it (chart no 58 ) (ignore the fib of chart number 57 plz)

jcharts (58).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  33.95 KB
 Viewed:  577 Time(s)

jcharts (58).png

jcharts (57).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  33.24 KB
 Viewed:  539 Time(s)

jcharts (57).png

vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #30   PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks casper. But what is the verticle line? Is it just to cut a big (long) chart into a small one? Also, how did you draw fibo for 6th (5th) aug chart?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Risk / Money Management All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: