Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

preferences saving

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Problems / Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author preferences saving
svkum
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: preferences saving Reply with quote

svkum : ST whts the diff in platinum- save to file , save chart to disc, save workspace to disc , save default workspace (30/05 10:28:52)

SwingTrader : svkum : kindly post this in the forum (platinum charts). Kamal/PT will explain in detail. thnx.

like in jcharts , if i save in save preferensec, everything gets saved incl indicators tf and all
whts the similar feature in platinum
bcz i find every charts needs all setting redoing .
kamal.icharts
Site Admin

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: preferences saving Reply with quote

Dear Member,

Save Chart to Disk : To save a specific chart onto your system, in form of file format.

Save Worksapce to Disk : To save your complete work (charts, portfolio, alerts, scanner, custom indicators) onto your system, in form of file format.

Save Default Workspace : Same as the above option, but saves at our end instead at your end.

You can use 'Save Indicators as Default' functionality available. Once you save it, any newly created chart will automatically display the indicators that you have set as default.

Regards

Kamal
balarajh
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear ADMIN team,

1) Currently only one set of indicators can be saved as default indicator template.
but for different scrips and nifty and bank nifty at different time frames, i need to set different parameters for indicators.
currently we need to set the parameters one bye one during market hours, while changing between time frames. its consume precious time while in live market.

My request is to make Indicator templates savable in our disk. so that different indicator sets can be loaded instantaneously.

kindly do the needful.

2) kindly provide help in more detail for the alert and scan functions and their parameter setting and its functioning. for eg. if we put a script for the last price crossing 34 ema +2, with peridicity of 1 minut and run every 2 minuts, then how will it show. only the fresh crossovers in the current scan, or will it show the previous scan records in time ascending manner??

3) it is observed that if i open a chart with 3 months data, and zoom in to 3 or 4 days data, ( after zooming in and out 2 or 3 times) the price scale does not adjust itself to the visible price range. making the candles smaller depending on the hi and low of the 3 month data, leaving blank space at top and bottom of the main chart.

4) The problem of chart not updating still persists. this is already informed and checked by your support people earlier. if i open the chart from the portfolio it does not update after few minuts.
earlier my files at your server was rest. and i went through the cumbersome process of setting up of portfolio containing all the fno scrips.
but the problem of not updating still persists.

5) While setting up of portfolio, while we start typing, the drop menu shows the available scrips, from which we select one by one and add to portfolio. this is time consuming.
Can you make it possible, so that from the drop menu we select all the scrips we need or 20 - 25 at time and add to the portfolio??

Awaiting your early reply on these issues,

Thanks in advance,

regards,
Balaraj.
balarajh
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Admin Team,

i still not got any reply from i charts for the post dated, 19th aug.

here i have got some more points to add to that.

6) currently scanner is running on all the 1000 scrips available in nse and mcx and ncdex. it scans and gives even if 6th month contract satisfies the condition.

is it possible to make the scanner run through only the selected portfolio, and not all the scrips available.??

7) how many charts at time we can open? i have both commodity and equity fno platinum subscription. i will open atleasd 12 to 15 charts at a time. found after some time the updating of the charts stops.

is it possible to make the commosity and equity subscription seperate with, diffwrent username and password. so that i can open equity in desktop and commodity in laptop??

your early prompt reply awaited. thank u in advance.

Regards
balaraj
kamal.icharts
Site Admin

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Member,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Due to the holidays, we were not able to look into your queries. We will look into your queries today and we try to reply you at the earliest.

Please note that any query related to Platinum may take 2-3 working days for us to address, depending on the content of the mail.

Regards

Kamal
balarajh wrote:
Dear Admin Team,

i still not got any reply from i charts for the post dated, 19th aug.

here i have got some more points to add to that.

6) currently scanner is running on all the 1000 scrips available in nse and mcx and ncdex. it scans and gives even if 6th month contract satisfies the condition.

is it possible to make the scanner run through only the selected portfolio, and not all the scrips available.??

7) how many charts at time we can open? i have both commodity and equity fno platinum subscription. i will open atleasd 12 to 15 charts at a time. found after some time the updating of the charts stops.

is it possible to make the commosity and equity subscription seperate with, diffwrent username and password. so that i can open equity in desktop and commodity in laptop??

your early prompt reply awaited. thank u in advance.

Regards
balaraj
kamal.icharts
Site Admin

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear balarajh,

Follow are the replies to your queries

1) This feature is almost same as in JCharts wherein for specific script and timeframe, you need to save the studies differently. We can understand that it may be tedious, but currently in the tool, there is facility of providing only one set of indicator template, which can be set as default, by the user.

2) a) If you put any condition in the screener (for e.g. moving average crossover), all the scripts satisfying the condition will be displayed first. Thereafter any script that satisfies the condition will be populated below. In short, the list will be displayed in ascending order.

b) In the alert, any fresh crossover happens, it will update the time at which the crossover happened in ‘Last fired on’ column.

3) We are not able to reproduce this at our end. We would request you to connect to LIVESUPPORT so that we can check at your end and find out the issue.

4) Charts are updating fine. There were 1-2 instances where there was some technical issue, which was resolved the same day by our team. Please contact our support team and we will look further regarding this issue.

5) Multiple selection of scripts is not available in the tool. You need to enter the script one by one and create the portfolio of your choice. We understand it is a tedious process, but it is one-time process. In JCharts also, it works the same way, where you need to enter the code of the script and save it.

6) Currently running scanner on selected portfolio is not possible. We need to work out and see if such feature can be feasibly implemented. If it is possible, we will try and implement it in future.

7) There is no limit to the number of charts you open. 12-15 charts should not be an issue providing your internet speed and system configuration is good enough to handle such huge data request.

8. Yes, you can register another username and provide us the same through email; and we will shift your subscription to the service you wish to have for that username.

Regards

Kamal
AdhiVenkat
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: preferences saving Reply with quote

kamal.icharts wrote:
Dear Member,

Save Chart to Disk : To save a specific chart onto your system, in form of file format.

Save Worksapce to Disk : To save your complete work (charts, portfolio, alerts, scanner, custom indicators) onto your system, in form of file format.

Save Default Workspace : Same as the above option, but saves at our end instead at your end.

You can use 'Save Indicators as Default' functionality available. Once you save it, any newly created chart will automatically display the indicators that you have set as default.

Regards

Kamal

Hi Kamal,

the 'Save Worksapce to Disk' functionality saves only charts and indicators into disc. It doesn't saves scanners, custom indicators and alerts into disc. they are saved as defaults at your end. could you check and clarify me.

Regards.
hemant.icharts
Site Admin

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: preferences saving Reply with quote

AdhiVenkat wrote:
kamal.icharts wrote:
Dear Member,

Regards

Kamal

Hi Kamal,

the 'Save Worksapce to Disk' functionality saves only charts and indicators into disc. It doesn't saves scanners, custom indicators and alerts into disc. they are saved as defaults at your end. could you check and clarify me.

Regards.

Yes, scanner, alert and custom indicator are saved on your id on our server .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Problems / Issues All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: