Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PRICE & ACTION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author PRICE & ACTION
loke12k
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #16   PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: today's trade Reply with quote

First of all, thank you for sharing this strategy. Smile Smile

Today's trade saw a lot of whipsaws. Crying or Very sad

Is there a way to filter out trades ? like for example today's open [as per yahoo chart] was around 4185, would you advise a filter of +-5 points in this case? like long above 4190 and short below 4180?

thanks again for the simple but effective strategy.

Wrgds,
jimmie
Expert
Expert

Post: #17   PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: PRICE & ACTION Reply with quote

Yes, today was a whipsaw day, and this kinda days happen after big candles..Such days happen bcos people try to get in on such days after having missed the big day.. and the operators are smart enuf to frustrate them.. So u got to remember such days and can avoid trading on such days or play for small targets... I too traded twice and SL hit.. traded for a third time to recover the lost points and closed it..
sanmen
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #18   PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someones style is to scalp a quick 20-25 points then todays Open price acted as a perfect pivot..a break either side gave quick results!!!!

different ways to see things Smile

Sandeep
rvg
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #19   PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Open Price Rocks!!! Reply with quote

Jimmie.. your open price method rocks !!!
jimmie
Expert
Expert

Post: #20   PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Price & Action Reply with quote

Price & Action:

Todays Price Action could have given Atleast 3 Trades
I...... Short from 4135 to 4065
II..... Contra Long At 4065, with S-3 minus 15 SL... gave a target till 4113
III.... Again short near Open or when it broke Long TL near S-2.. to be covered again @ 4065 nearto S-3 or EOD..

A net net gain of 70+50+50=170 points.. Even if one made 40% of these, his day is worth the time he has spent in markets....!
vinst
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #21   PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jimmie,

GOOD plan !

vin
Rcandle
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #22   PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello jimmie sir, todays trades what u have mentioned r great but one should have vast experiance and knowledge with neutral about trend.i pray let all our small traders shall get this
jimmie
Expert
Expert

Post: #23   PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: The PLan Reply with quote

Vinst,
Here is a plan, if one starts with 2 lots and aims at earning only 30 points using the OPEN PRICE n STs LEVELS....
In some what 50 odd days, he will end up with 20 lots and by that time, he will also cultivate that 30 points discipline in his life.. Can earn 30K daily later on.. LOL Very Happy Laughing Mr. Green
On serious notes how may think they can achieve it ?
neemtree
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #24   PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me try this method and see how i can perform this magic and in how many days ?

I will prepare a sheet and share with you on a weekly basis for the progress, so that you can correct me if i go wrong somewhere.

Thanks,
Srinivas
neemtree
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #25   PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to this:

Instead of nifty, try trade in banknifty, the returns will be awesome. However the SLs will be little more for banknifty as the moves will be so speed and any day you will easy see a 100 point move on either sides.

Thanks,
Srinivas
vinst
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #26   PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmie,

you have thrown too much Lalach! I can work such a plan only on EOD basis. Intraday I can't even be sure whether i'd be around my desk to close a tade.
I would wait for 20 weeks instead of days. I need something for EOD.

regards,
vin
jimmie
Expert
Expert

Post: #27   PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: PRICE & ACTION Reply with quote

PRICE & ACTION:

TLs ans STs level COMBO gave too many trades along with the open price today.. Hope everyone made good money out of it..!

Please note that i am not boasting about my trades here.. I am just trying to present some good trades using TLs, STs level and Open price.. I may or may not have traded all teh trades shown.. They dont reflect my true ledger...! Its only an effort to help people out here, especially who find it tough to earn from markets..
kishy99
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #28   PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: How to take first trade Reply with quote

Hi Jimmie,

Just had a query regarding this method. How do u decide which side to trade for the first trade of the day because during the first 5 minutes candle the price can be very volatile. For eg: Suppose open price is 4150 and within a few seconds it goes to 4145 then it goes to 4155 so in such a scenario how do u decide whether to go long or short.
jimmie
Expert
Expert

Post: #29   PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: kishy Reply with quote

Kishy,
i have already mentioned it in the earlier post...
Initially take any trade, say long from open price with a SL of 15 points... and when it moves 10-20 points away from ur buy price, shift the SL to open price or ur buy price.. and u can use this as a reversible SL..
just concentrate on small SL and earnings will come automatically..
jimmie
Expert
Expert

Post: #30   PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Price & Action Reply with quote

Price & Action:
TOday it gave too many Whipsaws in the intial 3 hours of trade, hitting either SL or TSL.
Finally i could collect 2 good trades.. 1) long from 4080, TSL hit @ 4110.. a neat 30 points.. and 2) Short from 4110... carried the trade till EOD and booked in the end @3975 another 135 points ... Laughing

Please note that there are many TLs during the course but i consider only those TLs that intersects with STs levels and price reverses from that intersection..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: