Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PROBLEM IN EMA OF GUARSEED-MX-2M

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Problems & Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author PROBLEM IN EMA OF GUARSEED-MX-2M
SID2060
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: PROBLEM IN EMA OF GUARSEED-MX-2M Reply with quote

DEAR ST/PT,

I have Noticed that there is a Significant difference in the ema of GUARSEED-MX-2M on charts (premium) and Screener (EOD-Comm)

GUARSEED-MX-2M

On charts (premium)

ema 50 --- 2585

ema 89 --- 2474

GUARSEED-MX-2M

Screener (EOD-Comm)

ema 50 --- 2255.92

ema 89 --- 2239.03

The ema's on Screener (EOD-Comm) for GUARSEED-MX-2M is not correct..... This commodity has gained more than 40 percent in just a month.....

There may be other commodities/stocks with similar problems, which are still unnoticed and waiting for your kind attention......

Please look into the problem and provide the solution asap.....

Regards,

S I d angel
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try and explain this to you once more, let me see if you can atleast understand it this time (this has been explained by me to you once before in a different forum thread).

The values of EMAs totally depend on how much data is used in computing it. Charts (Premium) uses lot of data and screener (eod-comm) uses much less data for computing indicators (to keep it fast). EMAs will never match. If you want to compare you should compare indicators that don't depend on number of periods of data like SMAs.

SID2060
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwingTrader wrote:
I will try and explain this to you once more, let me see if you can atleast understand it this time (this has been explained by me to you once before in a different forum thread).

The values of EMAs totally depend on how much data is used in computing it. Charts (Premium) uses lot of data and screener (eod-comm) uses much less data for computing indicators (to keep it fast). EMAs will never match. If you want to compare you should compare indicators that don't depend on number of periods of data like SMAs.

DEAR ST,

I request u to please use lot of data for screener (eod-comm) and stock screener (eod) also because ema with more data are more accurate, smooth, less whipsaws, accurate signals, more profits........ In the case of GUARSEED, Due to the ema calculated from less data in screener (eod-comm) , I got the signal very late and a good opportunity went away from my hand!!!!!!!

Where as in Charts where lot of data is used for the ema, i got the signal at the right time........

Guarseed has gained 40 percent in a month... The emas calculated with lot of data is perfect.........

Its my humble request to please use more data in screener (eod-comm) to calculate a better ema................

Regards,

S I D angel
ProTrader
Site Admin

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SID:

Thanks for your suggestion. We will look into it.

Happy Trading!

Regards,
--PT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Problems & Complaints All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: