Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Profit Junction by Alchemist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Trading Journals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Profit Junction by Alchemist
Alchemist
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #46   PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alchemist wrote:
Alchemist wrote:
Alchemist wrote:
Trade 8 opened

Bought 2 lots NF at 10930

Cheers
SH

Good upmove after my buy.

Selling 11000 CE at 68 ..2 lots to hedge 2 lots NF long.

Cheers
SH

Booked sold calls at 27

Holding NF longs with SL below days lows. IF days lows are broken by more than 3 points, will square off and initiate fresh shorts (4 lots).

Cheers
SH

Sold 4 lots of 10700 PE @ 47 now.

Cheers
SH
Alchemist
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #47   PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alchemist wrote:
Alchemist wrote:
Alchemist wrote:
Alchemist wrote:
Trade 8 opened

Bought 2 lots NF at 10930

Cheers
SH

Good upmove after my buy.

Selling 11000 CE at 68 ..2 lots to hedge 2 lots NF long.

Cheers
SH

Booked sold calls at 27

Holding NF longs with SL below days lows. IF days lows are broken by more than 3 points, will square off and initiate fresh shorts (4 lots).

Cheers
SH

Sold 4 lots of 10700 PE @ 47 now.

Cheers
SH

Booked 4 lots short NF at 10785 , was shorted at 10828

Sold 4 lots of 10700 CE at 130 instead.

Cheers
SH
Alchemist
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #48   PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swing trade 8 closed now

Booked 2 lots bought at 10930 at 10828, Loss 102 x 150 = 15300
Booked 2 lots 11000 CE sold at 68, booked at 27 = Profit 6150

Total Loss 9150

Swing trade 9 opened now

NF 4 lots short at 10828, booked at 10785 = Profit 300 x 43 = 12900
Nifty 10700 PE 4 lots sold at 47, holding.
Nifty 10700 CE 4 lots sold at 130, holding.

Nifty is bearish now.

Cheers
SH
-------

Trade History

1st swing Trade = 48675 profit
2nd swing Trade = 10500 profit
3rd swing trade = 5400 loss
4th swing trade = 30000 profit
5th swing trade = 7650 profit
6th swing trade = 27300 profit
7th swing trade = 18000 profit
8th swing trade = 9150 loss
Alchemist
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #49   PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swing trade 9 closed now

NF 4 lots short at 10828, booked at 10785 = Profit 300 x 43 = 12900
Nifty 10700 PE 4 lots sold at 47, exited at 53 = 1800 loss
Nifty 10700 CE 4 lots sold at 130, exited at 91 = 11700 profit

Total net profit booked = 22800

Nifty remains bearish. Fresh trades after Xmas.

Wishing you all a Merry X'mas ....enjoy with your families.

Cheers
SH
-------

Trade History

1st swing Trade = 48675 profit
2nd swing Trade = 10500 profit
3rd swing trade = 5400 loss
4th swing trade = 30000 profit
5th swing trade = 7650 profit
6th swing trade = 27300 profit
7th swing trade = 18000 profit
8th swing trade = 9150 loss
9th swing trade = 22800 profit

Total Profit = 1,50,375
Shlok
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #50   PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just 1month of trade and profit of 1.5 Lakhs....
Great going Alchemist..........
AEOM
Alchemist
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #51   PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shlok wrote:
AEOM

Thanks Shlok - idea of this thread is not to boast about profits but show how profits are made in stock markets consistently. The reason I have made profits is by following some simple rules I have created for myself, and I hope other fellow traders may benefit from them. Some rules are:

1. Never trade against the trend : you may have seen that all my trades are in the direction of trend, never against them. No matter how overbought or oversold markets may appear, my net delta is always in the direction of the trend.

2. Do not try to catch tops and bottoms : you may have seen, I wait for the trend to reverse before I enter, even if appears to be a late entry.

3. Book profits regularly : after years of trading, one trick I have learnt is to always book profits when available. Quite often the temptation is to ride the entire trend until reversals however I tend to book profits (for example if I am long and mkts are overbought). I would rather wait for a pullback to enter again with small qty than to try and catch a massive swing trade. Hedging is also a way to book profits (or reduce loss probability)

4. No trade is also a good trade: I am happy to sit out after booking profit (or loss) for the next trade to appear, even if it means waiting for 2/3 days. Impatience and trying to be in a trade everyday doesnt work out in long term.

5. Money Management : Position sizing is the secret sauce of making profits. This helps in making profit trades bigger and losses smaller. It pays to play probabilities and to increase stake when probability of a successful trade is high. Similarly, it pays to cut your position size if the probability of success is low.

In the end, it also depends on what kind of markets we are in. Thankfully markets have been beautiful this year.

Cheers
SH
channasri
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #52   PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent calls Alchemist
Parag9992
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #53   PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir, i am following the thread with small qty as per my money management and i will definately appriciate the hard work you have done before starting/entering this system. And i am trying to learn the same.

Thanks & Regards
Parag.
Alchemist
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #54   PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nifty futures at 10631 right now.

Will short 2 lots if nifty futures hit 10599 today ... stoploss will be 10624

Will carry both positions if stoploss is not hit. IF trade is not triggered today, no worries.

Cheers
SH
singhu2
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #55   PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alchemist for the guidance. This is another gem after 315 and Yorkers. One thing I really wanted to ask is how do you figure out oversold/overbought conditions as you have been spot on.

Alchemist wrote:
Shlok wrote:
AEOM

Thanks Shlok - idea of this thread is not to boast about profits but show how profits are made in stock markets consistently. The reason I have made profits is by following some simple rules I have created for myself, and I hope other fellow traders may benefit from them. Some rules are:

1. Never trade against the trend : you may have seen that all my trades are in the direction of trend, never against them. No matter how overbought or oversold markets may appear, my net delta is always in the direction of the trend.

2. Do not try to catch tops and bottoms : you may have seen, I wait for the trend to reverse before I enter, even if appears to be a late entry.

3. Book profits regularly : after years of trading, one trick I have learnt is to always book profits when available. Quite often the temptation is to ride the entire trend until reversals however I tend to book profits (for example if I am long and mkts are overbought). I would rather wait for a pullback to enter again with small qty than to try and catch a massive swing trade. Hedging is also a way to book profits (or reduce loss probability)

4. No trade is also a good trade: I am happy to sit out after booking profit (or loss) for the next trade to appear, even if it means waiting for 2/3 days. Impatience and trying to be in a trade everyday doesnt work out in long term.

5. Money Management : Position sizing is the secret sauce of making profits. This helps in making profit trades bigger and losses smaller. It pays to play probabilities and to increase stake when probability of a successful trade is high. Similarly, it pays to cut your position size if the probability of success is low.

In the end, it also depends on what kind of markets we are in. Thankfully markets have been beautiful this year.

Cheers
SH
singhu2
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #56   PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alchemist for the guidance. This is another gem after 315 and Yorkers. One thing I really wanted to ask is how do you figure out oversold/overbought conditions as you have been spot on.

Alchemist wrote:
Shlok wrote:
AEOM

Cheers
SH
Alchemist
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #57   PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swing trade 10 opened

Bought 4 lots NF at 10865 (Jan series)

Cheers
SH
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #58   PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alchemist wrote:
Cheers SH

Excellent advice. Thanks
Cheers, Prakash Holla
Alchemist
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #59   PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alchemist wrote:
Swing trade 10 opened

Bought 4 lots NF at 10865 (Jan series)

Cheers
SH

Carrying long positions.

Sold 10900 CE (Jan) at 149 to hedge (4 lots)

Cheers
SH
Alchemist
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #60   PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade 10 update.

Booked NF longs at 10935.. profit 70 x 300 = 21000

Shorted 4 lots 11000 PE instead at 214.

Holding shorted calls as well.

Cheers
SH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Trading Journals All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: