Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ShoutBox Placement Poll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Website News/Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is the ShoutBox better on a separate page or is it better to have it on multiple chart pages?
ShoutBox is better on its own separate page
40%
 40%  [ 16 ]
ShoutBox is better if it is on charting pages (Charts (Premium), JCharts(RT))
60%
 60%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 40

Author ShoutBox Placement Poll
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: ShoutBox Placement Poll Reply with quote

WE HAVE REVERTED BACK TO THE ORIGINAL SETUP DUE TO OVERWHELMING OPINION AGAINST STANDALONE SHOUTBOX BUT PLEASE DO VOTE AND POST AN OPINION HERE.

We have moved ShoutBox to a separate page on the request of many users, we have received many emails about this. We are going to try this for 1-2 days and see what other users think. We will then decide what to do.

BENEFITS OF HAVING SHOUTBOX ON A SEPARATE PAGE:

1. People watching RT charts will not be disturbed
2. We will save resources on the server as only people who want to participate in the shoutbox will view it instead of everybody looking at charts viewing it. This will in turn give us more resources for other website functionality thus speeding it up.
3. On the separate shoutbox page we are able to speed up shoutbox by refreshing it every 10 seconds compared to every 30 seconds in the embedded shoutbox on charts page.

PLEASE PARTICIPATE IN OUR POLL AND LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS. PLEASE POST ANY COMMENTS ABOUT THIS HERE.

Last edited by SwingTrader on Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
krishnalko
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Shout Box Suitable Location Reply with quote

Dear Sir
First of all I would like to pay my sincere thanks to icharts administration for the wonderful services they are providing through such a simple platform.
I shall further like to draw your attention that the most suitable location for sbox is on the charts page.
If any one has a query in his mind while studying the charts, one can place the same in sbox only to receive the reply from other experienced members within almost no time.
So it becomes not only a charting page with sbox but a "complete school" to learn so many things.
I request & hope that ichats administration will do the needful in this regard.
With thanks & regards
Krishna

Last edited by krishnalko on Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
ols
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can it be set in the preference option. Just a thought. there are pros and cons of having in the charts page.
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Shout Box Suitable Location Reply with quote

krishnalko wrote:
Dear Sir
First of all I would like to pay my sincere thanks to icharts administration for the wonderful services they are providing through such a simple platform.
I shall further like to draw your attention that the most suitable location for sbox is on the charts page.
If any one has a query in his mind while studying the charts, one can place the same in sbox only to receive the reply from other experienced members within almost no time.
So it becomes not only a charting page with sbox but a "complete school" to learn so many things.
I request & hope that ichats administration will do the needful in this regard.
With thanks & regards
Krishna

Krishna,

You have made good points, I will think about these. I will watch this for 1-2 days from tomorrow and then decide what to do - leave it as it is or revert back to the original setup.

Regards,

kiran.jain
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear sir
thnks 4 the wonderful service provided by ichart
and on regards with shoutbox...... there was category of charts without shoutbox.....
shout box helps a lot 4 new commer like me....who come here 4 knowledge... and as MR krishna pointed out..... sbox with charts is complete school.... with all seniour and experienced member guiding....
kindly let sbox b where it was.....
i would like 2 sorry ppl who want charts without sbox 2 go against u .... but think about it.....
ST sir..... vote change karne ka option bhi dal do..... who knows without sbox wale with sbox ke sath ane ki kosis kare....[Smile]

regards...
krik
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Shoutbox location Reply with quote

I prefer separate location for shoutbox. As Swingtrader pointed out, it frees up server resources. Both shoutbox as well as charts will have more bandwidth by this arrangement. Those who want shoutbox can always open the shoutbox window along with the chart window.

Also I suggest to use the additional space gained by shifting shoutbox to increase the size of RT charts.

I see some messages that removing shoutbox will remove the advantage of learning. Undoubtedly, ShoutBox is a great tool for sharing knowledge and we are only discussing the relocation of it and it will be still be available for learning while providing more convenience for viewing.

Regards,
Krishna
LATIFZ
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: shout box place ment Reply with quote

Dear Sir.
Your idea of a shout box is noble and is well used by participating members.How ever we are aware that stock trading is a very serious bussiness and is driven by human emotions,and emotions in turn get effected by views ,therefore one must be very careful while presenting his/her view on the market,which I feel is not being done at very crucial juncture of the market.I think participating members must be accountable for thier views,good views must be appriciated by the adminitrator and opposite must be done for frivolous and silly comments.This of course will increase your responsibility but it may make this box more benificial to members.Alternatively you may grade members according to thier understanding of the market and only allow them to post views during market hours,it may be free for all after market.How ever I am in favour of stand alone shout box if members posting thier views are not ready to take any responsibility.
Thanking you
latifz
(zahid latif)
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: shout box place ment Reply with quote

LATIFZ wrote:
Dear Sir.
Your idea of a shout box is noble and is well used by participating members.How ever we are aware that stock trading is a very serious bussiness and is driven by human emotions,and emotions in turn get effected by views ,therefore one must be very careful while presenting his/her view on the market,which I feel is not being done at very crucial juncture of the market.I think participating members must be accountable for thier views,good views must be appriciated by the adminitrator and opposite must be done for frivolous and silly comments.This of course will increase your responsibility but it may make this box more benificial to members.Alternatively you may grade members according to thier understanding of the market and only allow them to post views during market hours,it may be free for all after market.How ever I am in favour of stand alone shout box if members posting thier views are not ready to take any responsibility.
Thanking you
latifz
(zahid latif)

Thanks, you have brought up some very good points. The "accountability" part is the big thing...in shoutbox, at the moment, anybody can post calls/tips and vanish. We had tried earlier to allow only a few select people to post calls but it resulted in too many controversies, arguments etc in the shoutbox so we decided to abandon that idea of controlling the shoutbox.

At the moment our policy is to allow anybody to post calls and let everybody decide who is good and who is bad. This is not the ideal way to do it, we will see what to do about it. I am still thinking on this. Somehow we will have to control the CALLS/TIPS in shoutbox as I regularly see new users coming in and posting calls which is not a good idea.

Thanks for your suggestions. I will think about it and see what can be done.

Regards,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Website News/Updates All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: