Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SH's 10 Minutes swinging yorker method
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author SH's 10 Minutes swinging yorker method
manojkr78
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #46   PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to book back to back profits after few consecutive loss.....
rrsekhar
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #47   PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short ???
anusantosh
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #48   PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: jump Reply with quote

Do not ask question!! Once you know the thing we should jump into it.... Hope you know the 1st lot result already!! Rolling Eyes
riteshucha
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #49   PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearish yorker on 30 mins active, below 8551 spot,
yest 5/34 had got active at 8635... hope i m correct...
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #50   PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... the first rule of SH's 10 Minutes swinging yorker method is you do not talk about it... the second rule of SH's 10 Minutes swinging yorker method is you do not talk about. Laughing 2guns
rrsekhar
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #51   PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2guns 2guns
Alchemist
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #52   PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all - yes shorts triggered yesterday on 10 TF.

I am introducing a new rule from today around position sizing to maximise profits during trends and reducing losses during whipsaws.

The rule is:

Instead of taking full qty every trade (lets say my full qty per trade is 750 NF or 10 lots) ...... I will start the first trade with only 150 NF .... if the trade is profitable i stick to 150 qty for next trade as well ... however if the trade whipsaws I will take the next trade at 300 NF .... if this trade also whipsaws the next trade will be 450 NF ..then 600 NF and finally 750 NF .... at any point lets say when i have traded 450 NF, and I get a good trending profitable move..the next trade automatically becomes 150 NF and clock starts again...

So for example as last 10 mins yorker was a huge profitable trend, yesterdays short taken at 8635 was only 150 QTY ...if this trade whipsaws and we get a buy ... the bought qty will be 300 NF....and so on...

Hope this is clear and I will use the same rule for 30 mins TF as well.

Cheers
SH
manojkr78
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #53   PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tnx, what was the price sold yesterday???
Alchemist
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #54   PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8635 NF
manojkr78
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #55   PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok
deepan
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #56   PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Wonderful Rule Introduction Reply with quote

Alchemist wrote:

I am introducing a new rule from today around position sizing to maximise profits during trends and reducing losses during whipsaws.

The rule is:

Instead of taking full qty every trade (lets say my full qty per trade is 750 NF or 10 lots) ...... I will start the first trade with only 150 NF .... if the trade is profitable i stick to 150 qty for next trade as well ... however if the trade whipsaws I will take the next trade at 300 NF .... if this trade also whipsaws the next trade will be 450 NF ..then 600 NF and finally 750 NF .... at any point lets say when i have traded 450 NF, and I get a good trending profitable move..the next trade automatically becomes 150 NF and clock starts again...

So for example as last 10 mins yorker was a huge profitable trend, yesterdays short taken at 8635 was only 150 QTY ...if this trade whipsaws and we get a buy ... the bought qty will be 300 NF....and so on...

Cheers
SH

Alchemist, this is one such a good Martingale Model added to your result oriented strategy. Just my thoughts on this strategy
1. It takes lots of guts to double your position after seeing two consecutive losses
2. This strategy may be good for below average trading strategy and for complusive traders, your strategy on the contray are rule based and have better sucess ratio.

Neverthless, lets analyze how this strategy will boost the performance of this system.
rrsekhar
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #57   PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

my two pennies whatever their worth Very Happy

instead of 10 min time frame, 15 min seems to offer better results.

regards

rrsekhar
amitagg
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #58   PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Wonderful Rule Introduction Reply with quote

deepan wrote:
Alchemist wrote:

The rule is:

Cheers
SH

Alchemist, this is one such a good Martingale Model added to your result oriented strategy. Just my thoughts on this strategy
1. It takes lots of guts to double your position after seeing two consecutive losses
2. This strategy may be good for below average trading strategy and for complusive traders, your strategy on the contray are rule based and have better sucess ratio.

Neverthless, lets analyze how this strategy will boost the performance of this system.

Wow nice one

Additional points ( not required though)

1. The winning and losing streak probability statistically defined and followed by seemingly decent traders needs to be aware of to take additional bets otherwise at one of time in future a big loss can occur
2. Your second point is worth considering - the system has good success ratio anyways if followed strictly
3. To avoid whipsaws the slope of MA can be considered which is better solution

Still often ideation a can be had by others but the thread owner is best judge to trade his system and improvise.
Laughing
Alchemist
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #59   PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepan - fair point however these rules are good for people who want to start trading this strategy now ... this is because usually people start trading a strategy when they see the previous couple of trades being profitable .. however what happens is that as soon as they take the next trade, mkts whipsaws, they take another one ... mkts whipsaws again ... and as soon as they skip the third trade ... mkts trends...

so my suggestion is for people to start with smaller position (than normal) so that even if it whipsaws losses are small ... once people have taken 20 consecutive trades, they should have enough profits to go back to normal qty if they want.

Lets just observe how this martingale works over next 20-25 trades.

Cheers
SH
Alchemist
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #60   PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrsekhar wrote:
Dear Sir,

my two pennies whatever their worth Very Happy

instead of 10 min time frame, 15 min seems to offer better results.

regards

rrsekhar

rrsekar .... 30 mins works better than 15 .. hourly works better than 30 mins ... EOD works better than hourly .... but we need to choose the TF which suits our style of trading.

Cheers
SH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: