Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SH's 10 Minutes swinging yorker method
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author SH's 10 Minutes swinging yorker method
Alchemist
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: SH's 10 Minutes swinging yorker method Reply with quote

Hi Friends,

While I have been using yorker strategy on 30 mins TF for a long time, I have always been asked by fellow traders to develop this strategy for a smaller TF so that the entries can be taken quicker and SLs can be smaller as compared to 30 mins TF. Based on this request, i have been tinkering with 10 mins TF (my dear friend sumesh's fav TF) and happy to present this strategy now.

WARNING BEFORE YOU READ AHEAD : Smaller TF means more trades and more trades would mean more loss trades as compared to 30 mins TF. However advantages would be early entry into trend trades and smaller SLs than 30 minutes. If you are happy with 30 TF trades, dont bother about this thread.

Next post will be around entry, exits, profit booking rules.

cheers
SH

mini yorker.xlsx
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  mini yorker.xlsx
 Filesize:  430.5 KB
 Downloaded:  667 Time(s)

Last edited by Alchemist on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:52 pm; edited 10 times in total
Alchemist
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entry:

- Like in 30 minutes, we use NIFTY spot charts only (or BNF spot charts) however 10 minutes TF

- We use same 3 EMAs : 5/34/200 EMAs

- Same entry rule : 5 EMA crossing below 200 EMA and the lows of the candle that led to the EMA crossvers needs to be breached to trigger shorts. Similarly 5 EMA crossing above 200 EMA and the highs of the candle that led to the EMA crossover needs to break to trigger a buy.

Stoploss:

- After the initial entry, the stoploss is when the opposite trade triggers. It becomes a stop and reverse situation.

- If the position moves into profit though after the initial entry, we use 5/34 EMA crossover as trailing SL. Only difference here is that instead of booking out, we simply hedge by selling some options. For examples if we are short and 5/34 bullish crossover happens, instead of booking shorts I would simply sell some puts (same qty) and hold until opposite trade triggers.

Profit booking

- I strongly recommend partial profit booking in all my system. So book 50% profits once nifty position is around 50 to 75 profits. The range depends on current volatality and ATR, if mkts are consolidating and not much movement is happening, even 50 pointts is good. However if mkts are trending, you can hold until 75 points. Again, bullish trades you can choose to book partial at 50 points (we know upmoves are slower and laboured), whereas in shorts you may want to wait for 75-100 points (falls are quick and bloody). Use your own discretion here...

- For rest of the position, continue to hold until you end up hedging as explained above under stoploss. Once hedging is done, you can book the shorted option at 200 EMA price touch (shorted option should be in profits) but hold the future position as is. Reason being often 200 EMA acts as resistance and price would fall down again (if we are short for example)... if it doesnt stop and gives a bullish crossover, so be it. We will exit shorts and open new longs.

Gap rules

As we are trading smaller TFs, gaps can really be dangerous. So here are some rules to tackle gaps. I apply these in all TFs to be honest. i have explained these rules in the 30 mins thread. Please read.

Hope this helps all.

Cheers
SH
anilnegi
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: SH's 10 Minutes swinging yorker method Reply with quote

Alchemist wrote:
Hi Friends,

While I have been using yorker strategy on 30 mins TF for a long time, I have always been asked by fellow traders to develop this strategy for a smaller TF so that the entries can be taken quicker and SLs can be smaller as compared to 30 mins TF. Based on this request, i have been tinkering with 10 mins TF (my dear friend sumesh's fav TF) and happy to present this strategy now.

WARNING BEFORE YOU READ AHEAD : Smaller TF means more trades and more trades would mean more loss trades as compared to 30 mins TF. However advantages would be early entry into trend trades and smaller SLs than 30 minutes. If you are happy with 30 TF trades, dont bother about this thread.

cheers
SH

Sh bro

why left option thread its also wonderful,

thanks
anusantosh
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: SH's 10 Minutes swinging yorker method Reply with quote

anilnegi wrote:
Alchemist wrote:
Hi Friends,

cheers
SH

Sh bro

why left option thread its also wonderful,

thanks

Option thread is wonderful but it meets dangerous situations to trigger stoploss. It is more vulnerable to market noise. I made good money in that and was always on toes when position is on.

For better health of us and also our finances his 30 min trade or even this 10 min trade is BEST. I always feel like sitting in driver seat while trading this and have total control over any situation that arise in market.

Thanks for his continued effort in developing a system that taught us how to make money in market.

Alchemist, thanks again....
Alchemist
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am surprised that such a few people have shown interest in this thread.

Anyways - previous sell signal was generated on 23rd Feb at 7166 NF. Feb series expired at 6970 without giving any 34 EMA crossover. First 50% should have been booked at 75 points profit and rest expired with 196 points profit.

However I rolled over the rest 50% to March series instead of exiting shorts. Hence shorted March series on expiry day at 7015 and carried.

Next day gap up rule kicked in and 5/34 EMA crossover also happened which forced me to hedge by selling 7050 PE at 175. I was able to book 10 points profit in these shorted option at around 165 and held to NF shorts (200 EMA kiss rule).

On budget day, we made a low of 6864 (massive 150 points profit at this stage) however mkts swiftly reversed and finally closed at 7037.

Eventually today we got a bullish crossover and exit at around 7140 so shorts closed and fresh longs opened at 7140

Profit in shorts

75 points on first 50% (Feb series)
196 points profit on rest 50% (Feb series)
10 points profit on 50% puts sold in March
Loss of 125 points on 50% NF future (March series)

Current long trade taken today

Bought at 7140
50% booked at 7220 (80 points)
Rest 50% holding and NF closed at 7236 (96 points M2M profit)

Cheers
SH
Alchemist
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge gap up ...... first candle low 7319 becomes TSL now .... 180 points profit locked.

cheers
SH
smartcancerian
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Initiative by Alchemist...
Can anyone paste the Gap rules here in this thread for easy reference..
Thanx..
smartcancerian
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alchemist wrote:
Huge gap up ...... first candle low 7319 becomes TSL now .... 180 points profit locked.

cheers
SH

TSL hit, now How and Where to re-enter??
Alchemist
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smart cheers - now we re-enter on any of below 3 points :

1. above days highs (50% qty only, SL will be days lows)
2. 34 EMA kiss, if it continues to fall, we hedge based on 5/34 rule.
3. OR 200 EMA touch in cas of any gap downs.... SL will be opposite crossover.

Cheers
SH
vinst
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smartcancerian wrote:
Alchemist wrote:

cheers
SH

TSL hit, now How and Where to re-enter??

impatient to fire again ? 2guns

wait and feel the weight of profit in your pocket Wink
DarkKnight
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings of the Day Alchemist!!! Nice to see a new thread from your side. I always admire your strategies.

But I would like to ask you what happened to your earlier thread regarding" Add Strategy". Where you have give some guarantees of turning capital into 15lkhs. I am following that thread religiously.

Earlier you gave some excuses in SB about not finding time to update due to professional commitments and left updating it abruptly.

Requesting you to update it regularly so that we can see our capital growing to 15 lkhs!!!

Best of Luck!!!.

Regards,
DarkKnight
Alchemist
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dark Knight - I will make it 15 lakhs by end of this year dont worry .... but i will update it as and when i have time.... i have been keeping very busy and will continue to be busy till March end due to financial year closing and that thread requires me to watch charts throughout the day.

and i dont need to make any excuses for updating or not updating any thread...its my free will dude.

Cheers
SH
sirdhar123
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alchemist wrote:

Cheers
SH

Sir,
I appreciate your interest in updating with your entry / exit rules. Like yesterday/today's good rallys are generally few. Please clarify a general point. If your are to re-enter it has to touch back the 34 EMA kiss which means either due to profit taking in market or holding steady until the EMA reaches up. We can differentiate them, but in the same time scale would it not be possible to make something out till it pulls back to 34 EMA by shorting. I agree it would be risky with very low stop loss set. I observe that In the absence of events it becomes difficult to apply the rule as thumb, when the market goes sideways. And can the 10 min / 30 min be used for equity futures which is equally or more risky? Pl. comment.

Thanks for the nice new thread
V. S. Raju
Alchemist
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alchemist wrote:

Cheers
SH

50% buy was done above days highs yesterday at 7336 ... we have had another gap up and opening candle low is 7379 so that becomes our TSL now... another 43 points profit locked.

Cheers
SH
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #15   PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: EXCUSES???? Reply with quote

Alchemist wrote:
Hi Dark Knight - i will update it as and when i have time.... i have been keeping very busy and will continue to be busy till March end due to financial year closing and that thread requires me to watch charts throughout the day.
and i dont need to make any excuses for updating or not updating any thread... Cheers SH

I agree 100% with the above sentiment. No one has to apologize for being busy with work. Not everyone has time to share trade 0915-1530, 5 days a week! Please avoid the use of unwarranted language like "EXCUSES" when Alchemist is freely giving us the benefit of his reading of the market, whenever time permits! We should be grateful, (I am!), for the same.
Cheers, Prakash Holla
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: