Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SH's Intraday Call record
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Trading Journals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author SH's Intraday Call record
Stockhunter
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #46   PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doji wrote:
Dear friend SH,

On seeing Ramoney's post , I was reminded of this English proverb:

" Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

If you have the time and INCLINATION please 'feed' the newbies here in Icharts forum 'for a lifetime'.

I wish you all the very best in markets and life.

Thanks doji - thats a much more 'matured' comment I must say from you. I firmly believe in this proverb and have done my bit of teaching how to fish by starting two posts under 'strategies' called RSEX and 315. I would advise all newbies to start with them..

I have given enough gyaan there with multiple charts etc etc which should be enough to feed any trader for a lifetime with 'fish'. However once they learn how to catch fish I expect them to practice hard before they can catch 'crabs' and 'lobsters'. And obviously they will have to venture to deep seas and face harsh storms to catch them..(I mean larger capital, risks of SLs etc)

Problem is people expect to catch those prized deals while sitting on a safe riverbank on a nice sunny day with someone else (like me) teaching them how to do catch them Razz They dont want the fish anymore.. they demand lobsters !

And when that someone else chooses to go to the sea to catch lobster instead of teaching them .. he becomes an easy target of criticism by everyone sitting on the riverbank who maybe didnt catch anything... not even a fish!

... at the same time their are people i know who have started fishing on their own and thanking silently... and some even publically (please refer to Sjjhala's post here for an example).

Finally, I am closing with my own saying : you can teach a man how to fish, but you cannot teach a man to BE happy with just a fish!

Cheers
SH
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Trading Journals All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: