Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Silver Investment Options
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Commodities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Silver Investment Options
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Silver Investment Options Reply with quote

I needed information about investing in Silver. Can those who trade in commodities guide whether there are Silver ETF options available like there are Gold ETFs? Is there an option to invest in Silver for long term without having to buy actual bars?
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will appreciate any guidance or information in this.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka, I checked with my broker. You can buy only silver fut provided your broker and you have a "contract" for doing trading in coomodities.

Lot size is 1/5/30 kg. present rate for 1kg fut is about 35650 and you have to pay only 1800 per lot of 1 kg at this price. If it goes up, keep paying difference.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
apka, I checked with my broker. You can buy only silver fut provided your broker and you have a "contract" for doing trading in coomodities.

Lot size is 1/5/30 kg. present rate for 1kg fut is about 35650 and you have to pay only 1800 per lot of 1 kg at this price. If it goes up, keep paying difference.

okay, then the no of series maybe restricted to 3 months or so just like for equity and i would end up paying a few times in 1 year considering fluctuations. Neutral

buying it physically would mean storing it, and getting a reduced price whenever i resell.

thanks for the information, will think.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a different issue whether gold and silver are worth investing. Gold only at 1080$. Did it reach there in recent past?
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in those terms i have no idea. but i know 2 things, its been years since silver has gone below gold again... it has always maintained a gap and given a bounce and its been years since it fell from 70-75k mark.

everything has gone up in anticipation of recovery of economy. now if it starts getting better and performing than commodity like silver will take a run.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apka: Welgro has given his opinion that gold can flop to 16000/ 10 gm. If that happens, silver will also nose dive in sympathy. Shouldnt you be a little patient before buying as the price may still correct nicely to south
I read a Bombay origin investment e-letter that gold and silver are being hammered artificially in the US to force people into shares. Then the extra- smart will exit shares at peak and buy up the gold and silver waiting for them at attractive prices. Probably happening here also.
Prakash Holla
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe it will touch 16000. On the charts it may be supporting it to do so at present. But since around 3 years Gold has been bouncing off from around 23000 everytime. Globally whatever maybe happening in Gold it's still trading at around 26k-27k. I don't think it's falling with the global prices as much?

India are the biggest importer of Gold, because still most Indians practice of making investments by buying Gold. And govt has been discouraging it by increasing import duty. So if we see a new level below 23000, it would not sustain even for a few days because of the buying pressure / another round of addition to custom duty. And in the market / banks prices don't drop in tangent to the trading prices till a week if it's a new level.

But I think it's time to invest in Silver now. Silver has industrial usage and demand also. With economic recovery expected, it's demand would increase silently before economic figures show improvement. Which is why, even though earlier 1kg silver used to trade below the price of 10gm gold, now it has been above it for a long time.

Anywho, it may or may not fall somewhat more. I can be wrong in my assessment or thinking process. But to me it feels right and I am willing to hold.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I TOLD YOU TO CHECK IF GOLD WENT TO 1080$ IN RECENT TIMES. HAVE YOU? Twisted Evil 24
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1184.. So 100 shy from your price per ounce which would make it about 2000 in inr value approx per 10 gms.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
1184.. So 100 shy from your price per ounce which would make it about 2000 in inr value approx per 10 gms.

so buy gold/silver there. Smile
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: There r alternatives Reply with quote

apka wrote:
But I think it's time to invest in Silver now.

Apka: There is noble metal family consisting of platinum, palladium, iridium, rhodium. Only platinum has zoomed recently so not worth entering at high. But others still on ground floor, noble metals, so no corrosion, can get abroad as convenient ingots of 1 oz, 2 oz, 1 lb etc.
(eg rhodium demand rising as jewelers are switching to this metal from costly gold/ platinum)
Prakash Holla
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how or from where does one acquire them? what about reselling?
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought raw silver bars weighing 850 gms as per today's rate.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #15   PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
I bought raw silver bars weighing 850 gms as per today's rate.

where will you put them? 24 24
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Commodities All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: