Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

simply trendlines
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Trading Journals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author simply trendlines
umesh1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #16   PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: simply trendlines Reply with quote

bharatpatel wrote:
Dear Friends,

After using all available lower indicators like MACD,STS,RSI and Upper Indicators like B B and EMA's and SMA's and their crossovers, ENVELOPES and donchain, then there is PIVOT and Fibo ratios ... Means didn't spared any of that ......

But ground reality is that my ledger A/c. is huge debit. I am tired and never got any pay out cheque from my broker i have always given it to clear my debit.

Now , I am of the opinion that nothing works properly. Or i am not able to understand any of that after 9 years of trading or i am not able to take timely decision to enter or exit from position.

Now i have last couple of lakhs rupees and decided to trade using only trend line. My stop loss is calculated as 50000 rupees and will trade only either side trending script and breaking that trend line mwans exit from that trade. All matters regarding trend line trading will be strictly followed. If this amount is wiped out then good bye for ever to stock market

Bharat.....

Hi Bharat
I wish you save your post for a years time and reply to yourself after 52 weeks from today ,by erasing and rewriting in your mind.
You may get the Best strategies,Best patterns/trendlines,best Technical Analysis software giving buy/sell,Best broking service,Latest computer with Fastest Net speed,enough capital to make trading a living but still the most important and above all that i feel is required is the mindset of a trader as after all trades have to be executed with a decision from mind.you have to keep polishing this mind as it has the highest chance of deviating at a slightest provocation.Attaching two small booklets initially to prepare yourself to sit on a traders desk not analysts desk.if convinced shall move ahead subject to feedback,can feel free to reply by PM
Cheers
sonila
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #17   PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bharat, many good methods are avlbl in ichart forums, both intra and positional. Still u lost huge money. How ? Strange.......
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #18   PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bharat: I am happy that Umesh has himself offered help to you as I was hesitating to tell you to approach him, without his consent! Let me tell you frankly that today I am making 4-8 K profit daily in single scrips to a large extent because of advice and support from Umeshbhai. (I was in deep depression after losses in NF and cheating in Bangalore branch of Madrasi outfit with Chennai HQ, name on request by PM !) Cheers, you can also climb out of the hole created by losses. Jai Hind. Prakash Holla
bharatpatel
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #19   PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: simply trendlines Reply with quote

umesh1 wrote:
bharatpatel wrote:
Dear Friends,

After using all available lower indicators like MACD,STS,RSI and Upper Indicators like B B and EMA's and SMA's and their crossovers, ENVELOPES and donchain, then there is PIVOT and Fibo ratios ... Means didn't spared any of that ......

But ground reality is that my ledger A/c. is huge debit. I am tired and never got any pay out cheque from my broker i have always given it to clear my debit.

Now , I am of the opinion that nothing works properly. Or i am not able to understand any of that after 9 years of trading or i am not able to take timely decision to enter or exit from position.

Now i have last couple of lakhs rupees and decided to trade using only trend line. My stop loss is calculated as 50000 rupees and will trade only either side trending script and breaking that trend line mwans exit from that trade. All matters regarding trend line trading will be strictly followed. If this amount is wiped out then good bye for ever to stock market

Bharat.....

Hi Bharat
I wish you save your post for a years time and reply to yourself after 52 weeks from today ,by erasing and rewriting in your mind.
You may get the Best strategies,Best patterns/trendlines,best Technical Analysis software giving buy/sell,Best broking service,Latest computer with Fastest Net speed,enough capital to make trading a living but still the most important and above all that i feel is required is the mindset of a trader as after all trades have to be executed with a decision from mind.you have to keep polishing this mind as it has the highest chance of deviating at a slightest provocation.Attaching two small booklets initially to prepare yourself to sit on a traders desk not analysts desk.if convinced shall move ahead subject to feedback,can feel free to reply by PM
Cheers

Dear Umesh,

I am speechless, in what words do i appreciate yr mind changing advice ?

I wish you could have been posted these booklets in yr first post when you joined icharts, but late better than never.

i have read these booklets 6 times and everytime it is giving me surprises coz at each and every topic there are my mistakes are related and solutions are there in the book.

Thanks a lot by heart for great help.

Until now my mind set was like " get me any method of technical analysis trading AND i will show you how to use it making highest loses".

But now i think I need a pause (short break) from active trading then i need a strategy which suits me then i need to fine tune it by doing paper trading for a while and then i will back to actual live markets trading.

my best friend chirag also said thanks to you,

So road map is done and journey is about to start.

Thanks,

Bharat.
bharatpatel
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #20   PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: hi Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
bharatpatel wrote:
Dear P K H, Thanks for yr post, if u can share something regarding trendlines it will be helpful to me. Bharat

Bharat: I myself dont use trendlines so no use asking me to post some!
But just try this. Remove all other indicators, put EMA50 and PARSAR. Keep ADX/D+/D- open below main chart. 1) If price above EMA50, then bullish, enter when D+ crosses over D- 2) If price below EMA50, bearish, enter when D- crosses over D+. Square up when PARSAR cuts into price line OR trailing SL trig. Prakash Holla

Dear P K H,

Now i have enough time for searching a trading method that suits me, as i am on the break from trading for a while.

i will try this on 60 tf and daily charts and will post you the results.

Thanks for help by sharing a method.

Bharat.
bharatpatel
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #21   PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

sonila wrote:
Bharat, many good methods are avlbl in ichart forums, both intra and positional. Still u lost huge money. How ? Strange.......

Dear Sonila,

As umesh stated, not because of any method but because of "mind set".

Due to mind set i have booked losses.

I was confused that what kind of full time trader i am ? i play intra day using daily charts and play positional using 5 min charts then what else could be happen to me ?
(I got this knowledge and realise my mistakes from books posted by umesh) i was always keep changing the time frames to get signals and after getting it i was not able to decide what to do so after couple of candles i used to exit the trade. But i never understand that let me use only one tf what other time frames showing is none of my business. and when that tf will show buy i will by and sell then sell, so simple. But what i done was completely reverse.
I entered using 60 tf and watching 5 tf for further actions i think u got my point.

Rightnow i am searching for a method that suits me,as i have stopped trading for some time, if yo have any pls post here.

Bharat.
sonila
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #22   PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very clear explanation of ur mistakes.......as u spotted them so nicely.....now i m sure ......u will avoid them and make money. See ur pm.
opportunist
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #23   PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: hi Reply with quote

bharatpatel wrote:
sonila wrote:

Dear Sonila,

As umesh stated, not because of any method but because of "mind set".

Due to mind set i have booked losses.

I was confused that what kind of full time trader i am ? i play intra day using daily charts and play positional using 5 min charts then what else could be happen to me ?
(I got this knowledge and realise my mistakes from books posted by umesh) i was always keep changing the time frames to get signals and after getting it i was not able to decide what to do so after couple of candles i used to exit the trade. But i never understand that let me use only one tf what other time frames showing is none of my business. and when that tf will show buy i will by and sell then sell, so simple. But what i done was completely reverse.
I entered using 60 tf and watching 5 tf for further actions i think u got my point.

Rightnow i am searching for a method that suits me,as i have stopped trading for some time, if yo have any pls post here.

Bharat.

Bharat

Dont throw the baby out with the bathwater. Multiple time frames are good for gaining a good understanding of overall trend. It is advisable that whatever TF you are trading in - say 15 TF- to go one or two levels higher -say 60TF - to find out the overall trend before entering. However, once you have entered, follow rules as per your TF only.

Regards,

Oppo
opportunist
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #24   PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: simply trendlines Reply with quote

bharatpatel wrote:
umesh1 wrote:
bharatpatel wrote:
Dear Friends,

Bharat.....

Hi Bharat
Cheers

Dear Umesh,

I am speechless, in what words do i appreciate yr mind changing advice ?

I wish you could have been posted these booklets in yr first post when you joined icharts, but late better than never.

i have read these booklets 6 times and everytime it is giving me surprises coz at each and every topic there are my mistakes are related and solutions are there in the book.

Thanks a lot by heart for great help.

Until now my mind set was like " get me any method of technical analysis trading AND i will show you how to use it making highest loses".

But now i think I need a pause (short break) from active trading then i need a strategy which suits me then i need to fine tune it by doing paper trading for a while and then i will back to actual live markets trading.

my best friend chirag also said thanks to you,

So road map is done and journey is about to start.

Thanks,

Bharat.

Bharat, you are not a slow learner at all. Your quick admission to your own drawbacks shows your perception of the problem and humility in acknowledging your own limitations. I am just wondering what kept you so long in such a denial mode and not discuss your problems on the forum as you are doing now.

Also advise you to be on ShoutBox regularly and discuss your issues. You will find many more solutions and advises coming more quickly.

Regards,

Oppo
bharatpatel
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #25   PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: HI Reply with quote

Dear Oppo,

It needs lot of courage to accept that yes i am a loser and not finding any solution so pls help me.

I thought ant method will help me to come out of that everything will be o k, now i think i was wrong at all and now i am on the correct track, thanks to all my ichartian friends.

bharat.
k_jeyaraman
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #26   PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: we can make money. Reply with quote

After going through similar experience, luckily I came through a post here " how to make 60 crores with 20000 investment." There is no strategy or great analysis in that method as the originator himself says. But money is made on that because of discipline. Now I find people are regularly trading in NIfty using this .

In my case I use it for stocks and commodities. eg: JP associates I am in long from 89 and it is near 105 (lot 4000) , sintex I shorted a month back around 68 and it went down to 58 levels, I covered around 63 (lot 4000).
Rel capital shorted at 415 covered at 385 and again long since 400 now at 440. Similaly it works in commodities also. just check the commo eod charts and u will be astonished.

I Thank Vijayakannan for reminding ths idea. I suggest you to follow this.
umesh1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #27   PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Dozen Reflections on Life and Markets
by Brett N. Steenbarger

I've never seen a trader succeed whose explicit or implicit goal was to not lose. The trader who
trades to not lose is like the person who lives to avoid death: both become spiritual hypochondriacs.

No union was ever destroyed by a failure of romance. It is the loss of respect, not love, which ends a relationship.

Love, once present, never dies.

Sometimes we select markets--and trading styles--much as we choose romantic partners: by their ability to validate our deepest-held images of ourselves. Our choices generally succeed, for
better or for worse.

Many a trader fears boredom more than loss, thereby experiencing the two in sequence.
Goodness of character is measured in loyalty to others; greatness of character is measured in loyalty to principle.

A measure of the soul: the degree to which the surpassing achievements of others evoke inspiration rather than envy.

If you listen to the words, you'll understand the brains of the speaker. If you listen to the tone,
you'll understand his heart.

Show me what a man loathes, and I will show you what he cannot accept in himself.
Two traders: one increases size after a loss; the other gets smaller. Both continue to lose.

One encounters losing traders as often as one encounters losing golfers--and for much the same
reason.

The absence of self-acceptance too often masquerades as the desire for self-improvement.
Cheers
Umesh
bharatpatel
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #28   PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

umesh1 wrote:
A Dozen Reflections on Life and Markets
by Brett N. Steenbarger

I've never seen a trader succeed whose explicit or implicit goal was to not lose. The trader who
trades to not lose is like the person who lives to avoid death: both become spiritual hypochondriacs.

No union was ever destroyed by a failure of romance. It is the loss of respect, not love, which ends a relationship.

Love, once present, never dies.

Sometimes we select markets--and trading styles--much as we choose romantic partners: by their ability to validate our deepest-held images of ourselves. Our choices generally succeed, for
better or for worse.

Many a trader fears boredom more than loss, thereby experiencing the two in sequence.
Goodness of character is measured in loyalty to others; greatness of character is measured in loyalty to principle.

A measure of the soul: the degree to which the surpassing achievements of others evoke inspiration rather than envy.

If you listen to the words, you'll understand the brains of the speaker. If you listen to the tone,
you'll understand his heart.

Show me what a man loathes, and I will show you what he cannot accept in himself.
Two traders: one increases size after a loss; the other gets smaller. Both continue to lose.

One encounters losing traders as often as one encounters losing golfers--and for much the same
reason.

The absence of self-acceptance too often masquerades as the desire for self-improvement.
Cheers
Umesh

The Best One.
SUNILA
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #29   PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: simply trendlines Reply with quote

umesh1 wrote:
bharatpatel wrote:
Dear Friends,

Bharat.....

Hi Bharat
Cheers

Thank you Umesh for these two wonderful booklets.It helps a lot for freshers like me in stock market and thanks Bharat also for this topic.

Sunila
umesh1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #30   PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends
Do you think you could drive a Ferrari before going to driving school? If not, then why would you think you could make money trading before learning how to trade. Learn a successful strategy, build a simple trading plan around it, practice executing that plan in a demo account. Once you have consistent strong results, move to real money but very small position size. Once you see the results you’re looking for, then move to asset class if you want to but this is step number five. As I said, I see more and more people skipping the first four steps and that is unbelievable to me. Like driving the Ferrari, trading requires skill and to attain any skill, you must learn and practice. If you chose to skip the first four critical steps in the process I just mentioned, you will likely lose your money in the market to someone who didn’t.This is the only market where you are never late,as opportunities will keep coming,today was not the last day of big move.the question is how much are you prepared for the next.

Hope this was helpful. Have a great day.
Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Trading Journals All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: