Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

simply trendlines
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Trading Journals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author simply trendlines
bharatpatel
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: simply trendlines Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

After using all available lower indicators like MACD,STS,RSI and Upper Indicators like B B and EMA's and SMA's and their crossovers, ENVELOPES and donchain, then there is PIVOT and Fibo ratios ... Means didn't spared any of that ......

But ground reality is that my ledger A/c. is huge debit. I am tired and never got any pay out cheque from my broker i have always given it to clear my debit.

Now , I am of the opinion that nothing works properly. Or i am not able to understand any of that after 9 years of trading or i am not able to take timely decision to enter or exit from position.

Now i have last couple of lakhs rupees and decided to trade using only trend line. My stop loss is calculated as 50000 rupees and will trade only either side trending script and breaking that trend line mwans exit from that trade. All matters regarding trend line trading will be strictly followed. If this amount is wiped out then good bye for ever to stock market.

I am here with attaching my first trade taken in RELINFRA.

After gathering lots of courage from my inner self i entered long at 6 dec 11.25 am candle at price of 500.10 and exited 7 dec 11.20 candle at price of 515. (used 5tf chart)

For those who masters trend line trading pls help me to make my trading better (profitable Smile

Bharat.....
vijaybhatt115
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img[/img]
vijaybhatt115
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i m trying to send image but i could not found its work nicely,u can study it nifty future 60 min.time frame,our entry is at 5654.i m not able to post charts,i tried but not familiar with these things it.these stra. works nicely.u can trade with small sl.[img][/img]
opportunist
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: simply trendlines Reply with quote

bharatpatel wrote:
Dear Friends,

After using all available lower indicators like MACD,STS,RSI and Upper Indicators like B B and EMA's and SMA's and their crossovers, ENVELOPES and donchain, then there is PIVOT and Fibo ratios ... Means didn't spared any of that ......

But ground reality is that my ledger A/c. is huge debit. I am tired and never got any pay out cheque from my broker i have always given it to clear my debit.

Now , I am of the opinion that nothing works properly. Or i am not able to understand any of that after 9 years of trading or i am not able to take timely decision to enter or exit from position.

Now i have last couple of lakhs rupees and decided to trade using only trend line. My stop loss is calculated as 50000 rupees and will trade only either side trending script and breaking that trend line mwans exit from that trade. All matters regarding trend line trading will be strictly followed. If this amount is wiped out then good bye for ever to stock market.

After gathering lots of courage from my inner self i entered long at 6 dec 11.25 am candle at price of 500.10 and exited 7 dec 11.20 candle at price of 515. (used 5tf chart)

For those who masters trend line trading pls help me to make my trading better (profitable Smile

Bharat.....

Feel very sorry for you Mr. Patel. The problem is not with the indicators but your risk management I feel. I think you let your losses run long while making small profits at times. Just the opposite you should do. Cut your losses to minimum and let your profits run. Lots of stuff floating around on money management on this forum and net. Please educate yourself on the same. Till then your new found method too will let you down. I guarantee.

Regards,

Opportunist
bharatpatel
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: simply trendlines Reply with quote

opportunist wrote:
bharatpatel wrote:
Dear Friends,

Bharat.....

Feel very sorry for you Mr. Patel. The problem is not with the indicators but your risk management I feel. I think you let your losses run long while making small profits at times. Just the opposite you should do. Cut your losses to minimum and let your profits run. Lots of stuff floating around on money management on this forum and net. Please educate yourself on the same. Till then your new found method too will let you down. I guarantee.

Regards,

Opportunist

Dear Oppo,

U r correct i think i am slow learner plus dont know anything about position sizing and money management too. But i think TL trading will help me to be in discipline as we can visualize the same on screen. One more thing after loosing that much if i wish to recover all that i surely plat the big bats with proper entry-exit plus tight stops.

Thanks

Bharat.
singh.ravee
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: simply trendlines Reply with quote

[quote="bharatpatel"]

In forum, kindly search "as4manju" thread. A very nice work on use of trendlines mostly on EOD tf.

rgds
bharatpatel
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: simply trendlines Reply with quote

[quote="singh.ravee"]
bharatpatel wrote:

In forum, kindly search "as4manju" thread. A very nice work on use of trendlines mostly on EOD tf.

rgds

Dear S R,

Thanks for details. I am trying to search that and if u find that thread pls share the link.

bharat
opportunist
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: simply trendlines Reply with quote

bharatpatel wrote:
opportunist wrote:
bharatpatel wrote:
Dear Friends,

Bharat.....

Regards,

Opportunist

Dear Oppo,

U r correct i think i am slow learner plus dont know anything about position sizing and money management too. But i think TL trading will help me to be in discipline as we can visualize the same on screen. One more thing after loosing that much if i wish to recover all that i surely plat the big bats with proper entry-exit plus tight stops.

Thanks

Bharat.

Bharat reading your reply I feel anger, sadness and a bit of humour too - all at the same time. Let me explain.

Anger, because knowing fully well that you have a large leak in your bucket you are still hell bent on storing water (read- your money) in it.

Sadness, because you dont seem to get your attitude right despite knowing that the basic problem with your approach despite is money management. It saddens me that you seem to be imprisoned in your thought process to try out another method and not taking any lessons from 9 years of loss of you know how many lakhs.

Lastly humour is in the fact that even with this universally known faulty approach which you too realise is faulty, you are thinking of recovering your losses.

Good luck Bharat, but all my senses say that you will soon run out of your remaining money which in a way will liberate you out of this nonsense altogether.

Regards,

Oppo
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bharat: Those who trade in NF are mostly losers of money, shirt, pant etc. I am one too. Only 5% make money (like JT, Umesh in ICharts), that too after years of study, strict SL and lightning speed of entry and exit.
Better you trade in single scrips. Start J Charts EOD and study positional trends since Jan 2011. There are some very good scrips like Venkeys, Finantech, Relinfra, Jindal SWHL, HDIL, IRB, Auropharma, IVRCL, Adanient, Pateleng which can make you money but with strict SL and afterwards make it trailing SL to capture as much profit as possible. In one trade only put 5% of money so even if SL trigger then you will not have BP!
One trick I use in intraday you may find useful, look in "Market Watch" of any broker, which scrip has shot up or down 5% during the day. This is not sustainable. Another screen open J Charts Premium Intra chart of that scrip. You can accordingly go short at top or go long at bottom! In the beginning keep expectations less, so be prepared for squaring off any moment you see nice profit
Cheers, Prakash Holla
bharatpatel
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
Bharat: Those who trade in NF are mostly losers of money, shirt, pant etc. I am one too. Only 5% make money (like JT, Umesh in ICharts), that too after years of study, strict SL and lightning speed of entry and exit.
Better you trade in single scrips. Start J Charts EOD and study positional trends since Jan 2011. There are some very good scrips like Venkeys, Finantech, Relinfra, Jindal SWHL, HDIL, IRB, Auropharma, IVRCL, Adanient, Pateleng which can make you money but with strict SL and afterwards make it trailing SL to capture as much profit as possible. In one trade only put 5% of money so even if SL trigger then you will not have BP!
One trick I use in intraday you may find useful, look in "Market Watch" of any broker, which scrip has shot up or down 5% during the day. This is not sustainable. Another screen open J Charts Premium Intra chart of that scrip. You can accordingly go short at top or go long at bottom! In the beginning keep expectations less, so be prepared for squaring off any moment you see nice profit
Cheers, Prakash Holla

Dear P K H,

Thanks for yr post, if u can share something regarding trendlines it will be helpful to me.

Bharat
bharatpatel
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: simply trendlines Reply with quote

opportunist wrote:
bharatpatel wrote:
opportunist wrote:
bharatpatel wrote:
Dear Friends,

Bharat.....

Regards,

Opportunist

Dear Oppo,

Thanks

Bharat.

Bharat reading your reply I feel anger, sadness and a bit of humour too - all at the same time. Let me explain.

Anger, because knowing fully well that you have a large leak in your bucket you are still hell bent on storing water (read- your money) in it.

Sadness, because you dont seem to get your attitude right despite knowing that the basic problem with your approach despite is money management. It saddens me that you seem to be imprisoned in your thought process to try out another method and not taking any lessons from 9 years of loss of you know how many lakhs.

Lastly humour is in the fact that even with this universally known faulty approach which you too realise is faulty, you are thinking of recovering your losses.

Good luck Bharat, but all my senses say that you will soon run out of your remaining money which in a way will liberate you out of this nonsense altogether.

Regards,

Oppo

Dear Oppo,

I am also in doubt but what can be done ?
opportunist
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: simply trendlines Reply with quote

bharatpatel wrote:
opportunist wrote:
bharatpatel wrote:
opportunist wrote:
bharatpatel wrote:
Dear Friends,

Bharat.....

Regards,

Opportunist

Dear Oppo,

Thanks

Bharat.

Regards,

Oppo

Dear Oppo,

I am also in doubt but what can be done ?

Before every trade decide how much you can lose. Never lose 2% of your trading capital (money you have got for trading) and 1% of your committed capital (capital which you have put down for the trade). Set Stop loss orders whenever you lose this much.

Say you have 2 lakhs trading capital and have entered into nifty with 1 lakh rupees. Then you should exit the trade the moment you have lost 1000 rupees.

But then you should also know profit target. Usually 1.5-2 times your SL. So when you make 1500 to 2000 you exit.

If you lose more than 4000 in a day (2% of 2 lakhs - your trading capital) then stop trading for the day.

try to follow this rule. It should work.

Regards,

Oppo
bharatpatel
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Dear Oppo,

Thanks for the trick to use stop loss calculated on amount, if i use this trick i may have more chances to enter the trade and so may i have winning trades more than losing trades that will increase my ledger credit.

Thanks for an eye opening Good Advise. I have never thought to use Stop loss like that.

bharat.
bharatpatel
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: yes bank Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

Yes bank at very decisive stage. Have a look at chart and trend lines,

if any mistake is there pls let me know.

bharat
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #15   PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: hi Reply with quote

bharatpatel wrote:
Dear P K H, Thanks for yr post, if u can share something regarding trendlines it will be helpful to me. Bharat

Bharat: I myself dont use trendlines so no use asking me to post some!
But just try this. Remove all other indicators, put EMA50 and PARSAR. Keep ADX/D+/D- open below main chart. 1) If price above EMA50, then bullish, enter when D+ crosses over D- 2) If price below EMA50, bearish, enter when D- crosses over D+. Square up when PARSAR cuts into price line OR trailing SL trig. Prakash Holla
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Trading Journals All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: