Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SVKum's BB10 strategy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author SVKum's BB10 strategy
falcon
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #121   PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Strategy :-) Reply with quote

ariesthegreat wrote:
Really found this a very good strategy to catch explosive moves. By the time I digest and understand the strategy, I am tempted to put forward some EOD charts

Following chart is for Gold (Fut) : Prices have given a good breakdown, satisfying all the necessary parameters. Even today prices are down by over quarter of percent.

Not understood whay you wanted to convery. First of all, bands will come closer together or move away from each other simultaneously. I think you are aware of it. There is no way one band moving away from the price and other band coming closer towards the price. The next point is, “high volatility begets low and low volatility begets high”, according to John Bollinger; which means a period of low fluctuations in price is followed by a period of high fluctuaations in price. This is elementary. I didn't quite understand what you wanted to convey. Can you be more precise, please?
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #122   PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB10 in BATAINDIA 15 min TF is in the making.........track it..
below 888 and abv 892 candle close.....already Bata India is up by 2.2%
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #123   PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chetan83 wrote:

894.20>>>
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #124   PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chetan83 wrote:
chetan83 wrote:

894.20>>>

BB10 IN JINDALSAW 15TF, abv 132 and below 131.30....lets see....
sonila
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #125   PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chetan, if possible, plz post bataindia and jindalsaw charts. I am unable to understand the squeeze portion properly. Thnx.
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #126   PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sonila,

In Bata India, on 13-07-12 there was squeeze for 45 mins in 3 candles (in 2nd stage)....price did went up abv 892 and made high of 894.25 but within 30 mins (in 2 candles) price came back in the squeeze.....
Later after price breached 887 it went down till 880.10...

While in 1st stage of BataIndia on 12-07-12...squeeze was for almost a day and nxt day morning i.e, on 13-07-12 price shoot up and made high...

It seems....after the squeeze is broken the BB10 should be far apart....trade should be taken on nxt candle opening with SL as prv candle high (in case of short sell & prv candle low in case of Long) for just few rupee (in Bata India case for Rs.3 but need to master, exactly when to book profit).

Chetan.

BB 10 BataIndia.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  293.57 KB
 Viewed:  582 Time(s)

BB 10 BataIndia.jpg

Last edited by chetan83 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #127   PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sonila,

In case of JINDALSAW 15TF.....BB10 signal were, buy abv 132 and sell below 131.30....
event happened nicely....below 131.30 it went down to 129.55...
even going by the rule that entry shud be taken on nxt candle at 14:30 (130.45) with prv candle high as SL (131.75)........still one could have managed 0.95 paisa profit...

Only Concern here is that....what should be are profit %......whether to trade in 2000 share and book at 0.50-0.60 paisa???
I need to learn that Rolling Eyes As market is volatile & every single price movement is unpredictable....

Chetan.

BB 10 JINDALSAW.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  256.91 KB
 Viewed:  544 Time(s)

BB 10 JINDALSAW.jpg

sonila
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #128   PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chetan, many thnx for explaining soooooooo niceeeeeely with chart.
falcon
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #129   PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chetan83 wrote:
Hi Sonila,

In case of JINDALSAW 15TF.....BB10 signal were, buy abv 132 and sell below 131.30....
even going by the rule that entry shud be taken on nxt candle at 14:30 (130.45) with prv candle high as SL (131.75)........still one could have managed 0.95 paisa profit...

Only Concern here is that....what should be are profit %......whether to trade in 2000 share and book at 0.50-0.60 paisa???
I need to learn that Rolling Eyes As market is volatile & every single price movement is unpredictable....

Chetan.

Hi Chetan,

I am not sure of the shorter time frames like 15 minutes, but for trades based on EOD basis, you need to look at volume-based indicators rather than momentum indicators because accumulation that was going on in previous days (not too long, may be 2 to 3 weeks) will ultimately result in the price moving in its true direction, though it may give a 'head fake' initially. But when you take a trade on EOD basis, you need to wait for about three to four sessions (if necessary) which is possible only in futures. Again, bigger time frames mean bigger risks as well as bigger profits. But what I mean to say here is that the probability for our prediction to become successful is more in a longer time frame than a shorter time frame. In a shorter time frame, if you are caught on the wrong side of a trade, what will you do? Come out quickly. By the way, he recommends one more indicator called 'Intraday Intensity Index' apart from other volume indicators like MFI (since MFI is better than RSI in such cases) and OBV. Since iCharts doesn't provide this Intraday Intensity Index, I have been searching for it outside with no luck so far.

Even with 15 minutes time frame also, I believe that after you enter into a trade, if you find that you are caught on the wrong side, if you reverse your trade, you are most likely to end up in profit overall because the squeeze will, in a majority of the cases, give a sustained movement in either direction. It will not become sluggish after the initial quick movement, like in other scrips, at least for a session or two. This is what I have observed. Only thing we need to try to do is not to get caught on the wrong side of the trade and come out quickly with a little loss, and then watch the price move steadily while we are very reluctant to re-enter thinking all the time they are sour grapes! I don't know whether I have put my point across clearly but please feel free to ask if I need to make myself more clearer.
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #130   PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falcon wrote:
chetan83 wrote:
Hi Sonila,

Chetan.

Hi Chetan,

I am not sure of the shorter time frames like 15 minutes, but for trades based on EOD basis, you need to look at volume-based indicators rather than momentum indicators because accumulation that was going on in previous days (not too long, may be 2 to 3 weeks) will ultimately result in the price moving in its true direction, though it may give a 'head fake' initially. But when you take a trade on EOD basis, you need to wait for about three to four sessions (if necessary) which is possible only in futures. Again, bigger time frames mean bigger risks as well as bigger profits. But what I mean to say here is that the probability for our prediction to become successful is more in a longer time frame than a shorter time frame. In a shorter time frame, if you are caught on the wrong side of a trade, what will you do? Come out quickly. By the way, he recommends one more indicator called 'Intraday Intensity Index' apart from other volume indicators like MFI (since MFI is better than RSI in such cases) and OBV. Since iCharts doesn't provide this Intraday Intensity Index, I have been searching for it outside with no luck so far.

Even with 15 minutes time frame also, I believe that after you enter into a trade, if you find that you are caught on the wrong side, if you reverse your trade, you are most likely to end up in profit overall because the squeeze will, in a majority of the cases, give a sustained movement in either direction. It will not become sluggish after the initial quick movement, like in other scrips, at least for a session or two. This is what I have observed. Only thing we need to try to do is not to get caught on the wrong side of the trade and come out quickly with a little loss, and then watch the price move steadily while we are very reluctant to re-enter thinking all the time they are sour grapes! I don't know whether I have put my point across clearly but please feel free to ask if I need to make myself more clearer.

Thanks Falcon,

Will try to recollect your observation and will figure out best possible set up and post it here nxt time Smile

Chetan.
ariesthegreat
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #131   PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Strategy :-) Reply with quote

falcon wrote:
ariesthegreat wrote:
Really found this a very good strategy to catch explosive moves. By the time I digest and understand the strategy, I am tempted to put forward some EOD charts

Following chart is for Gold (Fut) : Prices have given a good breakdown, satisfying all the necessary parameters. Even today prices are down by over quarter of percent.

Not understood whay you wanted to convery. First of all, bands will come closer together or move away from each other simultaneously. I think you are aware of it. There is no way one band moving away from the price and other band coming closer towards the price. The next point is, “high volatility begets low and low volatility begets high”, according to John Bollinger; which means a period of low fluctuations in price is followed by a period of high fluctuaations in price. This is elementary. I didn't quite understand what you wanted to convey. Can you be more precise, please?

Well, my only point was that at the point of Candle closing below lower BB there was expansion i.e. Upper BB and Lower starts to move in opposite direction spread apart and start moving in opposite directions, you know the stock has just made a dramatic move and when this band starts to turn around and converge with the other band you know the current price movement is losing momentum.
ariesthegreat
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #132   PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Trading Gold (Comex) Reply with quote

Following is Hourly chart for Gold (Comex) and highlight of trading move associated with it. Bang on 2guns

7-15-2012 1-20-37 PM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  43.72 KB
 Viewed:  552 Time(s)

7-15-2012 1-20-37 PM.png

ariesthegreat
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #133   PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Brent Crude (Daily) Reply with quote

Following is EOD chart for Brent Crude. I am still trying my hands on getting the charts straight artist

Looks good above $ 103.4 boxer

Comments/Critics welcome Smile

7-15-2012 7-49-18 PM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  31.63 KB
 Viewed:  500 Time(s)

7-15-2012 7-49-18 PM.png

ariesthegreat
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #134   PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: NF - 16th July Reply with quote

NF forming potential squeeze in 15 min TF. Long above 5244 + Filter and short below 5233 + Filter...would post charts soon
sruthi_kulkrni
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #135   PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: reliable entries with MACD......... Reply with quote

Bollinger bands is very simple and powerful strategy ...Bcoz of its simplicity it is less discussed where no chance of doubts............MACD is one of the major tool in BB'10.....Whenever we fail in BB'10 there wil be a definite reason of failing ...Strategy never fails ...v may fail to predict Very Happy Very Happy

BB's.png
 Description:
hdil 15tf
 Filesize:  136.62 KB
 Viewed:  688 Time(s)

BB's.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: