Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swing Trading : The Speculator way
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 167, 168, 169  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Swing Trading : The Speculator way
shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #16   PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted below are charts for

i) BNF 20 min with 21 ema

ii) Tatamotors - 1M 15 min with 34 ema

Which appears to fit nicely into spec. swing trading methodology.

Please share your veiws.

SHEKHAR

jcharts(4).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  30.08 KB
 Viewed:  1267 Time(s)

jcharts(4).png

jcharts(5).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.56 KB
 Viewed:  1094 Time(s)

jcharts(5).png

shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #17   PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Price got rejected from 34 hence short once the candle closed below 34. Please note that mid range shorts are only for Intraday purposes, and needs to be carried over only once it is in decent profits - price went on to make new low hence the new swing pivot is formed at 4935.

One necessary correction suggested by Speculator while going for type 2 entry.

Whenever the price moves above 34 and comes back to 34 for rejection the green candle must close above the previous candle's high, to initiate longs. Reverse for shorts.

In todays case this did not happen hence we were saved from going long @ 4912-20 range. Marked in black circle.

SHEKHAR

jcharts(8).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  35.89 KB
 Viewed:  1240 Time(s)

jcharts(8).png

shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #18   PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Posted below is chart for BNF.

RSI has come out of oversold area and price did not make new low hence sideways movement. Shorts to be closed if not already booked.

Probably we might get type 2 entry in BNF, although swing pivot is far off at 8747.5

SHEKHAR

jcharts(9).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.19 KB
 Viewed:  1127 Time(s)

jcharts(9).png

Speculator
Expert
Expert

Post: #19   PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I created another thread which discusses the Entry, Exit and Stop loss guidelines for my swing pivot system. Here's the link...

http://www.icharts.in/forum/entry-exit-and-stop-loss-guidelines-swing-pivots-system-t2269.html

- Naveen Swamy
a.k.a Speculator
shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #20   PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speculator,

Thanks for recent updates.

I have placed all these updates at the end of the original document and attached the file with the post.

Hope ppl will find it convenient to go through all this at one place.

SHEKHAR

Swing Trading -The Speculator Way.doc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Swing Trading -The Speculator Way.doc
 Filesize:  253 KB
 Downloaded:  1847 Time(s)

shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #21   PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Posted below are charts.

NF: Price has moved above 34 ema, yet swing pivot is to be taken out, which is now at 4912.

BNF: After the Rejection price failed to make new low hence the pivot is still at 8747.5 Here also price has moved much above the 34 ema but swing pivot still intact. wait and watch.

Tatamotors has barely moved above 34 ema and went below 34 again here the swing pivot is at 727.7

All the three needs to be watched if they can give us an entry on the long side on Monday. Until then we are in the downtrend.

SHEKHAR

jcharts.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.92 KB
 Viewed:  1115 Time(s)

jcharts.png

jcharts(2).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  32.94 KB
 Viewed:  1008 Time(s)

jcharts(2).png

jcharts(3).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  32.98 KB
 Viewed:  902 Time(s)

jcharts(3).png

kingrahman
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #22   PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi friends,keep up the good ,hankyoutwork wonderful post
shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #23   PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Today all the three gave entry as type - 2, i.e. after price rejection from 34 EMA.

We are long on:

NF from 4860
BNF 8570
Tatamotors 698

Although, previous swing pivots are not taken out yet except NF which later surrendered the gains. After conquering the pivots uptrend will be confirmed and it will be buy on dips to 34.

Swing pivots on the lower side - for reversal to shorts - has been made today as shown in charts. ( Speculator I need confirmation on that from you. This is how I have understood.)

SHEKHAR

jcharts(4).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.26 KB
 Viewed:  1261 Time(s)

jcharts(4).png

jcharts(5).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.24 KB
 Viewed:  1051 Time(s)

jcharts(5).png

jcharts(6).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  22.03 KB
 Viewed:  1048 Time(s)

jcharts(6).png

sandew
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #24   PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Question on Swing Low Reply with quote

At around 0930 today Feb 1st, low was made around 4822, the 34 ema conquered and later a high surpassed the past Swing high of 4912. As i understand, (a) we fell below 34, (b) conquered it and (c) finally surpassed last Swing High of 4912 = Thus, 4822 now becomes the New Swing Low. Is my reading of Swing Low correct?
shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #25   PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnx Sandew,

Yes that is the clear pivot, but I have taken the view that prices have moved above 34 EMA and got the fresh rejection at 4859 and then went on to make new high hence the pivot.

On Tatamotors I am wrong the pivot I have shown is not a pivot since prices have not moved much beyond 34 ema at that point of time, therefore there is no pivot to reverse on tatamotors that could at best be a point to fix as SL.

SHEKHAR
Speculator
Expert
Expert

Post: #26   PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday we took out the prior downswing pivot at 4912.90. Typically when a prior downswing pivot is taken out with a bullish candle, we see huge price acceleration to the upside. We did not see that happen yesterday, instead we closed back below the swing pivot. The fact that we did not see price acceleration was an indiaction that that we are in a sideways range.

Today we made another attempt to take out the 4912.90 pivot and failed to hold the gains. That was a warning to get cautious on the longs. I posted a few times in SB today to trail the stops on the longs as the market was not showing trending behaviour. Finally today we had a rejection from the 34 ema on both 15-min and 30-min, which was a signal to go short. The signal had follow thru and finally broke the upswing pivot at 4822.50, which means the swing signal is now back to down again.

NF1.GIF
 Description:
 Filesize:  22.85 KB
 Viewed:  1487 Time(s)

NF1.GIF

shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #27   PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnx Speculator for the writeup.

Poted below the charts for BNF and Tatamotors, with todays action.

SHEKHAR

jcharts(7).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  27.84 KB
 Viewed:  1107 Time(s)

jcharts(7).png

jcharts(8).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.75 KB
 Viewed:  1000 Time(s)

jcharts(8).png

smsmss
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #28   PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx again spec and shekhar for charts and descriptions.......this thread is rocking with ur inputs...
girishhu1
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #29   PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi speculatorji,
very nice strategy. Thanks for sharing.

also thanks due to shekharinvest for his interpretations with examples.
shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #30   PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Nothing much to write home about. Whips only.

Posting chart for NF only today. Story is almost same everywhere.

Here are the views of Speculator on today's event and actions taken.

4934.95 to 4807 is one swing. It broke the prior pivot at 4822 yesterday. So 4934.95 is the new downswing pivot. When you have multiple pivots as a part of the same swing, then choose the highest one. In this case 4934.95.

Hourly NF closed below the 4935 swing pivot. Not a good sign
I closed my swing position for break even.
We came close to a confirmation today, but failed on the hourly

Right now it's a trading range mess. Rewarding for intraday guys and whipsaws for swing guys.

By all means trade the 34 ema rejections, but do not carry overnight positions, unless you can handle 50-100 point risks. The time to carry overnight positions is when we get swing reversal confirmation.

SHEKHAR

jcharts(12).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  22.27 KB
 Viewed:  1258 Time(s)

jcharts(12).png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Page 2 of 169

Jump to: