Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swing Trading : The Speculator way
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 167, 168, 169  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Swing Trading : The Speculator way
sunrays
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #46   PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gud work speck n shekhar
shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #47   PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Made and entry on NF at 4825 with 4803 as SL, after a bullish rejection from 34EMA..
Did not go long above swing high for the simple reason and I quote Speculator here:

“After a 100 point move in 45 min I don't like to enter.
Yes, I am very patient guy. I know that market will always trade the remainder of the year and the price always comes to 34 ema at some point.”

In the end closed the trade at breakeven as we do not wish to carry trades into weekends which are not deep into profits.

Today after many attempt at 684 finally Tatamotors could take out the swing pivot on closing basis. It was a genuine swing entry, but being quite late in the day and 3 holidays ahead not taken. Also see the increased volumes at the breakout today and at the supports previously. Very much suggestive of a good move coming up. If Monday start positive and we get it some where closer to 684-90 range one can enter or wait for a pullback to 34 EMA.

Did not enter on rejection from 34 was as it was moving in a range for quite sometime, and always stopped at close to 684

SHEKHAR

jcharts(30).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.3 KB
 Viewed:  905 Time(s)

jcharts(30).png

jcharts(31).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  38.66 KB
 Viewed:  775 Time(s)

jcharts(31).png

npk1661
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #48   PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear shekhar
I have gone through the thread of yours. it is just amassing .However since i am new to this charts kindly if u can tell me how to get these charts of 15 minute with 34 ema and 5rsi ?do i need to be a paid member of I charts?hope I get reply as this is basics for u but its beginning for me . thanks in advance
girishhu1
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #49   PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am enclosing a chart of hdfc bk and hindalco. i would request spec ji and shekharinvestorji to check and comment regarding trend reversal, if any.

jchartshdffcbk.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  83.63 KB
 Viewed:  891 Time(s)

jchartshdffcbk.png

hindalcoswing.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  58.24 KB
 Viewed:  805 Time(s)

hindalcoswing.png

Ravi_S
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #50   PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi npk1661

Yes you need to be a paid member if you need to look at realtime charts. The non paid members would have access to Daily, Weekly and Monthly charts only. If you want to track Futures (Nifty, BankNifty etc.,) you need to be a premium member. Hope this answers your question.

Regards
Ravi

npk1661 wrote:
dear shekhar
I have gone through the thread of yours. it is just amassing .However since i am new to this charts kindly if u can tell me how to get these charts of 15 minute with 34 ema and 5rsi ?do i need to be a paid member of I charts?hope I get reply as this is basics for u but its beginning for me . thanks in advance
Speculator
Expert
Expert

Post: #51   PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today the market failed to continue the downtrend as was called the by downswing pivot we established on Wednesday. Instead we gapped up, made new highs and established a new upswing pivot. Typical range behaviour. Finally we got a bullish rejection from the 34 ema, which gave us a entry aroudn 4826. But again the market did not decisively breakout in terms of price or with volume conviction. They have now parked the price near the gap resistance at 4824. So either we gap-up again on Monday or gap-down back into range. The odds are still 50:50.

But technically now we are in a upswing, although a very weak uptrend at this stage. I decided not to take the risk of carrying long home, given that my positions were barely in profits nor was there a decisive breakout. Not to mention the 3 day weekend. My risk management is if i am at least about 40-50 points in profits or if the technical odds are in my favor, i carry positions overnight. That way even if there is a 100 point gap, my losses would be max 60 points.

Good luck !
- Speculator

nf1.GIF
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.41 KB
 Viewed:  962 Time(s)

nf1.GIF

npk1661
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #52   PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ravi
Thanks for your guidance and help Laughing javascript:emoticon('Laughing')
girishhu1
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #53   PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spec sir ji and shekhar sir ji,
your daily analysis is quite helpful in learning swing technique. i would request u to kindly add previous upswing and downswing pivots, swing low/high, recovery high, new swing pivot,sl points on the charts enclosed, invariably, so that beginners concepts can be more clear. anyway u are doing a great job, god bless you both.
shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #54   PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

girishhu1 wrote:
i am enclosing a chart of hdfc bk and hindalco. i would request spec ji and shekharinvestorji to check and comment regarding trend reversal, if any.

girishuu1,

HDFC Bank has given an entry. Upswing begin only above swing pivot.

Hindalco is presently in the sideways, upswing will begin only above 143.65.

Rest all is marked on the charts itself. Hope was of some help to you.

SHEKHAR

jcharts (2).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.02 KB
 Viewed:  908 Time(s)

jcharts (2).png

jcharts.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.25 KB
 Viewed:  817 Time(s)

jcharts.png

girishhu1
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #55   PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shekharji,

Thanks for your prompt reply. can u explain why timeframe of 30, instead of recommended 15 min and ema of 13, instead of spec recommended 34,in case of hdfc bank, is used? are there any other conditions for use of ema and timeframe? further, is it allright to use rsi5 with these changes?. please guide.further can u pl check whether nagarjun construction and yes bank are giving clear entry for swing reversal?
girishjain20
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #56   PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi spec and sekhar, i want to know is the swing low now shifted to 4804 as we got support from there please confirm
Speculator
Expert
Expert

Post: #57   PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall a time in the last 6-8 months where the market established so many pivots in such short span of a time. 8 pivots in 5 trading days. Lot of compression building here for a big move ! We are back into the range. No profitable positions. So not carrying anything overnight.

nf1.GIF
 Description:
 Filesize:  31.79 KB
 Viewed:  943 Time(s)

nf1.GIF

shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #58   PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speculator wrote:
I don't recall a time in the last 6-8 months where the market established so many pivots in such short span of a time. 8 pivots in 5 trading days. Lot of compression building here for a big move ! We are back into the range. No profitable positions. So not carrying anything overnight.

Bingo !

The spring has been released today! Watch out for the big move ahead.

We had type -2 entry today and saw momentum at the crucial points.
Entries are marked with UP arrows

SHEKHAR

jcharts(3).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.36 KB
 Viewed:  6937 Time(s)

jcharts(3).png

jcharts(2).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.13 KB
 Viewed:  811 Time(s)

jcharts(2).png

Last edited by shekharinvest on Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Speculator
Expert
Expert

Post: #59   PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Classic Type II reversal Reply with quote

Today the market was whipping around in a tight triangle, putting everyone to sleep. Finally we had the Type II reversal, where the price moves above the 34 ema, goes down tests the 34 ema and gets a bullish rejection. Type II reversals are countertrend in nature and you have to pray that the swing pivot gets taken out (4849 in this case) and swing reversal happens.

The circled candle was the reversal candle which would have given the best entry price. I chose to take the entry at the next candle which broke out of the triangle around NF 4825, to avoid whipsaws. The compression that i mentioned yesterday is now released. Current swing pivot is 4777, which is a good SL for this swing move. Ride the move until the next reversal...

- Speculator

nf1.GIF
 Description:
 Filesize:  40.94 KB
 Viewed:  1023 Time(s)

nf1.GIF

shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #60   PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

girishhu1 wrote:
shekharji,

can u explain why timeframe of 30, instead of recommended 15 min and ema of 13, instead of spec recommended 34,in case of hdfc bank, is used? are there any other conditions for use of ema and timeframe?

girishhu1

There is no hard and fast rule to take 15 min TF and 34 EMA. You need to experiment with TF's and EMA's and get the right fit for the stock you want to trade.

SHEKHAR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Page 4 of 169

Jump to: