Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swing Trading : The Speculator way
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 167, 168, 169  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Swing Trading : The Speculator way
shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #61   PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Posted below are charts, nothing to write home about except profits from yesterdays position.

Today price got rejection from 34 but did not move much hence, closed as intra trade only.

Some peoples are confused about profit taking. Here is the simple method to follow, Spec has many times repeated in the SB.

Book 30% at 80-100 points rise.
Book another 30 % at close to 200 points.
Continue to carry the remaining 40% position until you are stopped out at swing point.

Or the RSI indicates sideways move.

Or whenever you feel like comfortable.

SHEKHAR

jcharts(5).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.6 KB
 Viewed:  852 Time(s)

jcharts(5).png

jcharts(6).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  14.3 KB
 Viewed:  700 Time(s)

jcharts(6).png

shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #62   PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

RSI came out of the OB range and corresponding price failed to make a new high, indicating sideways move/consolidation, I closed the remaining swing longs at 4902. Ditto for tatamotors.

SHEKHAR

NF Feb 18.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  33.2 KB
 Viewed:  863 Time(s)

NF Feb 18.PNG

Speculator
Expert
Expert

Post: #63   PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swing remains up. I had closed 30% of my positions yesterday at 4915. Today i closed the rest 70% of my positions at 4885. I did not quite like the close. 10-min and 20-min charts, both had bearish rejections at the close. The 15-min charts escaped a bearish rejection marginally. My guess is they may test the lows of that 6 million volume candle of Feb 16 around 4846. If we test that on low volume and hold, then we should continue the swing higher. Will reenter my swing positions tommorow.

- Speculator Very Happy
rajabharani
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #64   PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: swing trading Reply with quote

speculator / shekhar sir, i have gone through the thread and am thoroughly impressed. the only problem is access to live charts for which i know that i need to subscribe. will i also get advise on when to enter the trades in nifty futures and tata motors as the day progresses? how do i access the shout box during the market hours? kindly advise.
regards -- Raja
gauravtrader
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #65   PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Swing trading & money management Reply with quote

Hi Speculator

First let me congratulate for inventing such a simple trading system.I have been following your thread for sometime, and I feel it is one of simplest and best. And special thanks to shekhar for updating this site daily.I would like to know a few things from you.

1. You have said in shoutbox that you take intra-day positions along with your swing positions. Do you take these positions against the trend? If yes...how...without closing out your swing positions? Let me give you my example.......I went long on 16th feb at 4820......Next day....as market topped out.....I decided to create short position around 4920 to take advantage of 20-25 drop . But only thing that happened , was my long position got squared of as soon as I gave my sell order Sad . Do you put any special order or your broker has this facility.........I hope I have made myself clear

2. What money management system you use?. I myself use %risk method.Putting a specific % of portfolio as risk capital

As someone who has probably traded longer than myself, your views are important for newbies like, especially regarding momey management
Regards,
gaurav
Speculator
Expert
Expert

Post: #66   PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gaurav,

I can answer 1), but 2) is beyond the scope of this thread and is a subject in itself. I wish i could give a simple reply, i but i can't.

As for 1), there are many ways you could do intraday hedging against your swing posiitons. Let's say you are swing long.

(i) Short intraday using puts

or

(ii) Short intraday using MiniNifty

or

(iii) Short the next month contract (i.e if you are holding swing long in
Feb contract, then short the March contract).

- Speculator
shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #67   PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: swing trading Reply with quote

rajabharani wrote:
will i also get advise on when to enter the trades in nifty futures and tata motors as the day progresses? how do i access the shout box during the market hours? kindly advise.
regards -- Raja

rajabharani,

Access to SB is part of the subscription to Icharts, you may please contact the site admin. I/we are not related to them just subscriber to their charting services.

We are trader and just exchange our views on our trading style in the SB you are welcome to join us their.

As to advise to entry and exist on any scrip no way.

SHEKHAR
rajabharani
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #68   PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx , shekhar.
shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #69   PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Waiting for fresh swing entries.

Posted below are some charts, just in case, some one would be interested.

SHEKHAR

jcharts(10).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  32.75 KB
 Viewed:  770 Time(s)

jcharts(10).png

jcharts(11).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.9 KB
 Viewed:  684 Time(s)

jcharts(11).png

jcharts(12).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.32 KB
 Viewed:  724 Time(s)

jcharts(12).png

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #70   PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: swing trading Reply with quote

shekharinvest wrote:
rajabharani wrote:
will i also get advise on when to enter the trades in nifty futures and tata motors as the day progresses? how do i access the shout box during the market hours? kindly advise.
regards -- Raja

rajabharani,

Access to SB is part of the subscription to Icharts, you may please contact the site admin. I/we are not related to them just subscriber to their charting services.

We are trader and just exchange our views on our trading style in the SB you are welcome to join us their.

As to advise to entry and exist on any scrip no way.

SHEKHAR

IMPORTANT CLARIFICATION : Access to ShoutBox is NOT part of the subscription to an iCharts service. ShoutBox access is a privilege you get for free with any iCharts service which can be removed for an user at anytime time at our discretion without giving any reason whatsoever.

Speculator
Expert
Expert

Post: #71   PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swing remains up with the swing pivot at 4777. Nothing much to add there. But there were a few things that warned about the market weakness:

1) 10-min rejection from 34 ema and selloff

2) Cumulative A/D line making fresh lows

http://www.icharts.in/breadth-charts.html

3) 60-min MACD on sell

4) Daily CCI cross below 100 on NF

5) Volume expasion on 10-min at close

6) Ugly close on Reliance.

But given that the swing is still up, all these negatives can sometimes be a beartrap. Very Happy

-Speculator
RichieRich
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #72   PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Entry in Middle of Swing Reply with quote

Hi Spec,

Was Away for a couple of days last week. Not Sure if you talked about the Strategy to Enter in the Middle of a Swing for those who miss the Swing.

If you did Could You Publish The Date of The SB Archives One Should Look For?

Thanks a Tonne
Phukad
gauravtrader
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #73   PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Spec,

Thanks for reply to my questions. Looking forward to learn more from this thread
Gaurav
amit82pandey
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #74   PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: market strategies Reply with quote

Market Expite in this month 4750
Speculator
Expert
Expert

Post: #75   PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Be very careful here Reply with quote

Swing pivot remains at 4777.

The A/D line made fresh lows today. This is by no means a bullish configuration.

http://www.icharts.in/breadth-charts.html

This market has been struggling to take out the Feb 3 highs but in vain. My bet is this market is about to selloff in a big way, based on how the breadth charts are looking. But since we all trade price, price is the king. My plan is to keep it simple tommorow. I am going to buy/short the breakout/breakdown of the triangle that i have shown in the 30-min charts.

-Speculator

nf1.GIF
 Description:
 Filesize:  41.81 KB
 Viewed:  819 Time(s)

nf1.GIF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Page 5 of 169

Jump to: