Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swing Trading : The Speculator way
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 167, 168, 169  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Swing Trading : The Speculator way
shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Swing Trading : The Speculator way Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

I have edited the archive of Jan 05, 2010 wherein Speculator has explained his Swing trading technique and attached here for easy reading.

Starting this thread so that people who have gained little knowledge about the method should share it here.

And request to the Speculator to make time available to suggest and make corrections.

I think it would be quite easy here, to go through various suggestions and updates at EOD.

SHEKHAR

Swing Trading - The Speculator way.doc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Swing Trading - The Speculator way.doc
 Filesize:  97.5 KB
 Downloaded:  13263 Time(s)

mayurnsk

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi shekharinvest

Nice work. I always like to thank people who make some effort to post in forum something real good about trading. Its encouraging efforts from you. Just keep it up.
Lets hope ichartians would come up in this thread to disscuss real swinging things about trading Twisted Evil after reading your file.

Once again thanking you for making such effort for posting in forum.

Regards
Mayuresh Jahagirdar
Nasik
Maharashtra
shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Posted below is today's chart detailing all the action.

Current position is short with SL 5246, which happen to be the the point where we turn to Longs.

If tomorrow NF make a new low that is, it goes below 5196 then 5232 will be the New swing Pivot, we bring down SL to 5232 and reverse to Long from there.

Hope I have understood correctly.

SHEKHAR

jcharts(7).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  21.16 KB
 Viewed:  5113 Time(s)

jcharts(7).png

shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayurnsk wrote:
Hi shekharinvest

Nice work. I always like to thank people who make some effort to post in forum something real good about trading. Its encouraging efforts from you. Just keep it up.
Lets hope ichartians would come up in this thread to disscuss real swinging things about trading Twisted Evil after reading your file.

Once again thanking you for making such effort for posting in forum.

Regards
Mayuresh Jahagirdar
Nasik
Maharashtra

Thanks Mayur for encouraging words,

SHEKHAR
Speculator
Expert
Expert

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Updated Swing Pivots doc - Revision 1 Reply with quote

Firstly thanks to Shekharinvest for investing his time in preparing this document. I updated the document, removed some unwanted comments and added a section on stop loss management.

Enjoy !

Naveen Swamy
A.K.A Speculator

swingpivots.doc
 Description:
Swing Pivots Methodology

Download
 Filename:  swingpivots.doc
 Filesize:  91 KB
 Downloaded:  5865 Time(s)

sandew
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Shekhar. We look forward to your daily posts for at least few more days. We appreciate your efforts. and those of Speculator.
smsmss
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: great work Reply with quote

hello shekhar great work done buddy....it will be very helpful for the people to get to know swing trading better..and of course spec is there to guide us all.. Wink Very Happy
mayurnsk

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Updated Swing Pivots doc - Revision 1 Reply with quote

NaveenSwamy wrote:
Firstly thanks to Shekharinvest for investing his time in preparing this document. I updated the document, removed some unwanted comments and added a section on stop loss management.

Enjoy !

Naveen Swamy
A.K.A Speculator

Hey Speculator

Big cheers from a bhaloo

Regards
Mayuresh Jahagirdar
Nasik
Maharashtra
varun_alld
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: can any one answer this question .......please?? Reply with quote

...on 18 dec the swing pivot of 5048 was established because after rejection on 5048 nifty made a new low of 4975...

...now on 21 dec nifty made a further low of 4938 at around 3:15 PM?why was the swing pivot not changed from 5048 to 4988.55?? since 4988 was the closest rejection from 34 EMA on 21st dec....before nifty made a new low of 4938..???

if this 4988 swing pivot had been declared then spec's next day (22 dec) move would have been justified??..

Am i right?? Sad Sad

why.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  70.09 KB
 Viewed:  2900 Time(s)

why.JPG

shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Not much action on Pivots front. Swing pivot still at 5232. Current position is still short, if not booked at ones discretion.

SHEKHAR

jcharts(13).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.52 KB
 Viewed:  2087 Time(s)

jcharts(13).png

shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: can any one answer this question .......please?? Reply with quote

varun_alld wrote:
...on 18 dec the swing pivot of 5048 was established because after rejection on 5048 nifty made a new low of 4975...

...now on 21 dec nifty made a further low of 4938 at around 3:15 PM?why was the swing pivot not changed from 5048 to 4988.55?? since 4988 was the closest rejection from 34 EMA on 21st dec....before nifty made a new low of 4938..???

if this 4988 swing pivot had been declared then spec's next day (22 dec) move would have been justified??..

Am i right?? Sad Sad

Hi,

Yes, Varun you have rightly raised a valid point.

Was waitng for the spec's response which he did gave in the SB to you.

I am posting his reply here for every body.

" Speculator: Varun, there is nothing wrong with calling 4991.55 as the swing pivot, since it was pretty close to the 34 ema, although it did not touch it, it's not necessary that it touches it. Close enough is good so yes, you could call 4991.55 as a swing pivot.

I consider the 5048 as a significant pivot as it had a clear touch of the 34 ema. 4991 is a little bit iffy."

SHEKHAR
shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Today price was rejected from 34 EMA and the RSI was overbought, hence fresh short was created after the first red candle @ 5040 with SL at the high of the green candle 5074. Please note we do not reverse above 5074 as of now.

Although, I have covered my shorts at the day end as I do not carry trades at the weekend. Need to learn hedging from Speculator ! As per setup short trade to be carried.

SHEKHAR

jcharts(14).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.78 KB
 Viewed:  1894 Time(s)

jcharts(14).png

varun_alld
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: gr88 WORK SHEKHAR!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

just keep updating this FORUM on a daily basis ...

and doo keep on pasting these charts on daily basis...

This would really help us all on a long term basis

CHEERSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Very Happy Smile Very Happy
shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Those who were short from 5247, and the ones who created fresh shorts at 5040 should have closed their shorts @ 4990-95 at close of 10:45 candle.

As the RSI came out of the OS and price failed to make new low, indicating sideways move for the time being.

2:15 candle has closed above 34 next candle came close to 34 and got rejected in the next green candle hence the setup type - 2 is ready for long @ 5025 -15 during 3:00 pm candle with SL at swing low 4976. Now sincerely pray.

If on Wednesday price manages to close above 34 EMA without breaching 4976 swing reversal to the upside is confirmed.

SHEKHAR

jcharts.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  27.81 KB
 Viewed:  1751 Time(s)

jcharts.png

shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #15   PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

So the buy setup failed. SL @4976 trigerred & everbody is short now. Nothing much to write about.

New swing pivot is now 5039 above which we can reverse.

SHEKHAR

jcharts(3).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.16 KB
 Viewed:  1577 Time(s)

jcharts(3).png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Page 1 of 169

Jump to: