Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swings on Live charts!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Swings on Live charts!!!!!!
mpalod
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Swings on Live charts!!!!!! Reply with quote

Hello,

You can add swings on the live charts.

This would be the most important feature on live charts.

This can be done by :
for uptrend:
identify the lowest low,
if the next bar makes higher low & higher high then the swing goes up vice versa for down swing.

you guys can also add the 1 bar, 2 bars & 3 bars swings, the only criteria would be :
after the lowest low is identified, 2 bars should be instead of 1 bar.
& for 3 bar swings, 3 bars should be considered.

This would be the easiest feature to be added, visually this would help the traders to identify, how the trend is developing. This can be a very faint colored lines on the charts. RED for DOWNTREND & GREEN for UPTREND.

All the best.

Best Regards.

-Manoj Palod
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent idea. We are anyway working on displaying trading setups on live & charts beta. By trading setups I mean "Moving Average Crossovers", "MACD" signals etc. For example if you select moving avg crossover the bars would be displayed green if the fast mov avg is above slow mov avg and bars would display red in case of reverse. It would be similar for other trading setups or different things like marking on chart as required by that particular setup. I like the idea of displaying swings very much. We will start planning for it.

Thanks for the great idea!

srisrieight
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: New Entry Reply with quote

Hi, this is sridhar, FUND MANAGER(individual) from india & new to this site. I would like to share my opinions and views with you.
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: New Entry Reply with quote

srisrieight wrote:
Hi, this is sridhar, FUND MANAGER(individual) from india & new to this site. I would like to share my opinions and views with you.

Hi Sridhar,

Great!!! Nice to have you here on iCharts. You can either share your opinions / views over here on the forum or email me at srikanth@icharts.in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: