Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ten Questions Newbie Ask............
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Psychology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Ten Questions Newbie Ask............
ajayhkaul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #31   PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STEPUP if you really want enlightenment , seek out Dalai Lama.

But if you want to learn , you could take one of the courses offered by ST/PT .

What you need (as a wannabe , as stated by you) is a coach/mentor and you will be fine.

Look around ( its not me ).

This will cost some fees , but it is better to spend on learning before staking your money

Thats the fastest way to get ahead and cut to the chase and avoid re-inventing the wheel.

One can also find out if he is cut out for trading -- its not for everyone and I can tell you that (thru my pravachans and cut/paste Smile

Good Luck
sherbaaz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #32   PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the thinking of this so called new bee in the initial days "buy as low as possible and sell as high as possible".

In the initial days of trading for this so called new bee profits are there he is putting the trade without any fear he is buying low and selling high. he does not know about any ta fa and all.

Then come series of loss and one of the three fears for human being, "fear of loosing money".

From this point he started looking for the things and want to know the reasons. for price going up down and loss and profits.

Unfortunately from this point only he started polluting his mind by reading all or any book on trading. This happen with almost all traders. Why?? as we dont get the right mentor who can teach us and guide us in the right direction.

No body is there to tell this to so called new bee that his thinking and doing of "buying as low as possible and selling as high as possible" is right and very professional. No body tells him that he was initially trading like a pro and he only needs a grooming and understanding of certain aspects of trading. that's it.

rather he start wasting his time and energy on reading books as many as possible. He kept on reading mm and trading psychology in almost every second book on trading. and seeds of self doubt starts coming in his mind. No body is there to tell him that trading psychology is nothing but patience and discipline. nobody is there to tell him that mm is nothing but preservence of capital and not to blow it in couple of trades. thats it.

most of the time nobody is there to tell him what books to read and which one to read. nobody is there to tell him to learn and read books on fading. that' it.

that's why only few are there who become full time/professional profitable traders rest....

regds,
amitsaraf21
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #33   PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Ten Questions Newbie Ask............ Reply with quote

As you say Smile

hasten wrote:
amitsaraf21 wrote:
Individual stock futures are in general more volatile than Index futures.
Higher volatility may give you a chance to make more money when things move your way but that comes with additional risk associated with volatility.

Smile

hasten wrote:
amitsaraf21 wrote:

3. What is better index futures or individual stock futures.Question

As Stated above, Futures are derivatives where two parties agree to transact a set of financial instruments or physical commodities for future delivery at a particular price. Index futures are futures contracts where the underlying is a stock index (Nifty or Sensex) and helps a trader to take a view on the market as a whole.

Single stock futures (also known as SSF) are futures markets that are based upon an individual stock (such as RIL for Reliance), rather than an entire stock index (such as the Nifty Sensex). Single stock futures are exactly the same as any other futures markets, and are traded in exactly the same way.

Regards, hasten

Good things come to those who wait, but the best things come to those who work for it.

Sorry but comparing stock and index based on volatility is not the right ,If u want high volatility trade mid-caps and for higher volatility you can choose small-caps too .(there are few stocks available which trade on less volatility then index.)

Regards, hasten

I strive to put in perfect trades again and again, every time, always.

amitsaraf21
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #34   PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: nice contribution Reply with quote

Good contribution thanks

ajayhkaul wrote:
Ahhh....ST , I had forgotten about this fella....some people just don't give up , do they? Hope he keeps 'evolving' in his new avatar.

Congrats Psalm on your black belt status ... you deserve it and keep those posts coming.

Since STEPUP seems to like pravachans , here's more ! Smile

This time from a professional trader:

''....I personally have belonged to each of these categories at one time or another.

1 - The Logician - Believes that every trade can be won and spends hours breaking down each losing bet looking for the "mistake" that would have turned a loser into a winner.

2 - The Action Junkie - Takes every possible trade regardless of the chances of winning.

3- The Dreamer - Always looking for the big score by making trades with little chance of winning. These people usually had some success with a "system" and are waiting for lightening to strike twice. Winning once or twice with that system is the worst thing that could have happened to them.

4- The Eternal Student - How many books do you have on trading. How many "systems" have you tried. I've got a book-shelf filled with literally hundreds of books on trading. These days, all they do is gather dust!

5 - The Creative Type - Have you ever tried a system that was almost profitable? Then the next day you tried another system that was almost profitable. Then the third day you decided to create you own system by combining both of these systems and (you guessed it) it was still "almost" profitable.

6***.. Lost types...lost in a maze of information , indicators , conflicting views etc Lost money too...
These guys get cynical and think someone is pulled a fast one on them since they are looking for precision/guaranteed results. Alas,Trading is not precise since future cannot be predicted , only a probable view is possible.

If you fall into one of these categories, don't let it bother you. Virtually all successful traders go through the same thing.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery French writer (1900 - 1944)

In both horse racing and trading, when you peel away all of the mis-information, there is one basic truth that determines if you will be a winner or a loser. When you understand and apply these truths, you can't help but be a winner.

In trading, there is one simple thing you must do to be a winner. You must be on the right side of the market....."

*** I added that one !
STEPUP
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #35   PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajayhkaul wrote:
STEPUP if you really want enlightenment , seek out Dalai Lama.

But if you want to learn , you could take one of the courses offered by ST/PT .

What you need (as a wannabe , as stated by you) is a coach/mentor and you will be fine.

Look around ( its not me ).

This will cost some fees , but it is better to spend on learning before staking your money

Thats the fastest way to get ahead and cut to the chase and avoid re-inventing the wheel.

One can also find out if he is cut out for trading -- its not for everyone and I can tell you that (thru my pravachans and cut/paste Smile

Good Luck

But i like to have Pravachans from you as the master doesn't inquire about his students, what exactly he wants, he keeps yelling them all, Record-Player, to understand one limits & to get enlighten on equity trading, one needs to meet Dalai Lama,Flushed.

Either Mr.Ajayhkaul, you are too busy with Ctrl +C & Ctrl +V skill or you don't have the habit of reading, Learn something from ST, he has got really some good skill, such as - "Sensing Tone".
amitsaraf21
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #36   PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: nice mate Reply with quote

PT iss thread mein aapke dil ki baat baahar aa rahi hai. Smile

It is easy money which attracts people to the markets

ProTrader wrote:
We did many TA sessions across India (ok now don't ask us what happened to deep diving) and found a common theme..majority of the people wanted to know only two thing:

1. When to buy
2. When to sell

and often ST and I will be looking at each other. After 8 hours, a Breakfast, Lunch and Snacks..those were the 2 often repeated questions. Though they were answered in multiple ways in multiple strategies throughout the day.

May be it is the language, that is complex or focus of the mind..or something else..but as I said, we need to keep repeating the message, keep awakening the minds..through pravachans or laundry..whatever works. Mr. Green

BestR....PT
amitsaraf21
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #37   PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: nice mate Reply with quote

PT iss thread mein aapke dil ki baat baahar aa rahi hai. Smile

It is easy money which attracts people to the markets

ProTrader wrote:
We did many TA sessions across India (ok now don't ask us what happened to deep diving) and found a common theme..majority of the people wanted to know only two thing:

1. When to buy
2. When to sell

and often ST and I will be looking at each other. After 8 hours, a Breakfast, Lunch and Snacks..those were the 2 often repeated questions. Though they were answered in multiple ways in multiple strategies throughout the day.

May be it is the language, that is complex or focus of the mind..or something else..but as I said, we need to keep repeating the message, keep awakening the minds..through pravachans or laundry..whatever works. Mr. Green

BestR....PT
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #38   PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STEPUP,

Ceasefire please!!! I think it is all my mistake as I had raised this issue. I should not have identified you and posted it here in the forum. The idea of my post about you was to try and see if I can persuade you to post something more on what you had posted a while ago. You had mentioned that you trade/analyze using numbers only which was interesting. I was just thinking if you could start a discussion on this and we could that way learn more about it. Thats all.

About Ajay's posts, he has already mentioned long back that he is collecting and posting info here from various interesting articles found elsewhere, I think that is fine. Let us just share & learn from whatever is posted here.

I hope I have clarified from my end. Sorry for starting this, let the main discussion of this thread continue now.

amitsaraf21
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #39   PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: dil ki baat Reply with quote

PT bhai dil ki baat nikal rahi hai iss thread par Smile

vaise haan 8 ghante mein trading kaa 1% bhi nahin sikhaay jaa saktaa.
vaise bhi log easy money ki khoj mein aate hain aur vo unko milti nahi hai.

ProTrader wrote:

1. When to buy
2. When to sell

BestR....PT
amitsaraf21
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #40   PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: dil ki baat Reply with quote

PT bhai dil ki baat nikal rahi hai iss thread par Smile

vaise haan 8 ghante mein trading kaa 1% bhi nahin sikhaay jaa saktaa.
vaise bhi log easy money ki khoj mein aate hain aur vo unko milti nahi hai.

ProTrader wrote:

1. When to buy
2. When to sell

BestR....PT
amitsaraf21
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #41   PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: very well said made Reply with quote

thanks Smile
sherbaaz wrote:
What is the thinking of this so called new bee in the initial days "buy as low as possible and sell as high as possible".

In the initial days of trading for this so called new bee profits are there he is putting the trade without any fear he is buying low and selling high. he does not know about any ta fa and all.

Then come series of loss and one of the three fears for human being, "fear of loosing money".

From this point he started looking for the things and want to know the reasons. for price going up down and loss and profits.

Unfortunately from this point only he started polluting his mind by reading all or any book on trading. This happen with almost all traders. Why?? as we dont get the right mentor who can teach us and guide us in the right direction.

No body is there to tell this to so called new bee that his thinking and doing of "buying as low as possible and selling as high as possible" is right and very professional. No body tells him that he was initially trading like a pro and he only needs a grooming and understanding of certain aspects of trading. that's it.

rather he start wasting his time and energy on reading books as many as possible. He kept on reading mm and trading psychology in almost every second book on trading. and seeds of self doubt starts coming in his mind. No body is there to tell him that trading psychology is nothing but patience and discipline. nobody is there to tell him that mm is nothing but preservence of capital and not to blow it in couple of trades. thats it.

most of the time nobody is there to tell him what books to read and which one to read. nobody is there to tell him to learn and read books on fading. that' it.

that's why only few are there who become full time/professional profitable traders rest....

regds,
amitsaraf21
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #42   PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: very well said made Reply with quote

thanks Smile
sherbaaz wrote:

regds,
STEPUP
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #43   PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwingTrader wrote:
STEPUP,

Ceasefire please!!! I think it is all my mistake as I had raised this issue. I should not have identified you and posted it here in the forum. The idea of my post about you was to try and see if I can persuade you to post something more on what you had posted a while ago. You had mentioned that you trade/analyze using numbers only which was interesting. I was just thinking if you could start a discussion on this and we could that way learn more about it. Thats all.

About Ajay's posts, he has already mentioned long back that he is collecting and posting info here from various interesting articles found elsewhere, I think that is fine. Let us just share & learn from whatever is posted here.

I hope I have clarified from my end. Sorry for starting this, let the main discussion of this thread continue now.

ST, I am ,honestly, heartfelt & i will say, i have learnt many things here, so i keep coming even if you keep me banning, no issues on that & i feel, there is no empty space, its either vacuum that needs to be filled or its filled with air.

Regarding Mathematical Approach to Equity, i was reading of PT saying that you & PT were carrying out classes & people saying BUY & SELL signal, & i am not vouching anything of mine & if i do so, please pardon me, I can let you see a system that is precise.

Let me know how i can but regarding posting out here, anyone can take a dig at me & i will not say anything but its my bread & butter, if i go out in public, letting every one see, the market is driven by syndicate money & they go on for each forum, everywhere in every place to see whether their system has been hooked or not & if they come to know, they change it & presently, i know many people of various Big Hedge Funds aka Syndicate Money are present in Icharts, so i am helpless.
amitsaraf81
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #44   PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: excellent point :) Reply with quote

Excellent point u made.

STEPUP wrote:
SwingTrader wrote:
STEPUP,

ST, I am ,honestly, heartfelt & i will say, i have learnt many things here, so i keep coming even if you keep me banning, no issues on that & i feel, there is no empty space, its either vacuum that needs to be filled or its filled with air.

Regarding Mathematical Approach to Equity, i was reading of PT saying that you & PT were carrying out classes & people saying BUY & SELL signal, & i am not vouching anything of mine & if i do so, please pardon me, I can let you see a system that is precise.

Let me know how i can but regarding posting out here, anyone can take a dig at me & i will not say anything but its my bread & butter, if i go out in public, letting every one see, the market is driven by syndicate money & they go on for each forum, everywhere in every place to see whether their system has been hooked or not & if they come to know, they change it & presently, i know many people of various Big Hedge Funds aka Syndicate Money are present in Icharts, so i am helpless.
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #45   PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STEPUP wrote:

Sure...no issues...I completely understand.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Psychology All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: