Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Chinese Bamboo Tree

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Psychology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author The Chinese Bamboo Tree
taruj
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: The Chinese Bamboo Tree Reply with quote

Keep Watering Your Bamboo Tree

In the Far East, there is a tree called the Chinese bamboo tree. This remarkable tree is different from most trees in that it doesn’t grow in the usual fashion. While most trees grow steadily over a period of years, the Chinese bamboo tree doesn’t break through the ground for the first four years. Then, in the fifth year, an amazing thing happens – the tree begins to grow at an astonishing rate. In fact, in a period of just five weeks, a Chinese bamboo tree can grow to a height of 90 feet. It’s almost as if you can actually see the tree growing before your very eyes.

Well, I’m convinced that life often works in a similar way. You can work for weeks, months and even years on your dream with no visible signs of progress and then, all of the sudden, things take off. Your business becomes profitable beyond your wildest dreams. Your marriage becomes more vibrant and passionate than you ever thought it could be. Your contribution to your church, social organization and community becomes more significant than you have ever imagined.

Yet, all of this requires one thing – faith. The growers of the Chinese bamboo tree have faith that if they keep watering and fertilizing the ground, the tree will break through.

Well, you must have the same kind of faith in your bamboo tree, whether it is to run a successful business, win a Pulitzer Prize, raise well-adjusted children, or what have you. You must have faith that if you keep making the calls, honing your craft, reading to your children, reaching out to your spouse or asking for donations, that you too will see rapid growth in the future.

This is the hard part for most of us. We get so excited about the idea that’s been planted inside of us that we simply can’t wait for it to blossom. Therefore, within days or weeks of the initial planting, we become discouraged and begin to second guess ourselves.

Sometimes, in our doubt, we dig up our seed and plant it elsewhere, in hopes that it will quickly rise in more fertile ground. We see this very often in people who change jobs every year or so. We also see it in people who change churches, organizations and even spouses in the pursuit of greener pastures. More often than not, these people are greatly disappointed when their tree doesn’t grow any faster in the new location.

Other times, people will water the ground for a time but then, quickly become discouraged. They start to wonder if it’s worth all of the effort. This is particularly true when they see their neighbors having success with other trees. They start to think, “What am I doing trying to grow a bamboo tree? If I had planted a lemon tree, I’d have a few lemons by now.” These are the people who return to their old jobs and their old ways. They walk away from their dream in exchange for a “sure thing.”

Sadly, what they fail to realize is that pursuing your dream is a sure thing if you just don’t give up. So long as you keep watering and fertilizing your dream, it will come to fruition. It may take weeks. It may take months. It may even take years, but eventually, the roots will take hold and your tree will grow. And when it does, it will grow in remarkable ways.
We’ve seen this happen so many times. Henry Ford had to water his bamboo tree through five business failures before he finally succeeded with the Ford Motor Company. Richard Hooker had to water his bamboo tree for seven years and through 21 rejections by publishers until his humorous war novel, M*A*S*H became a runaway bestseller, spawning a movie and one of the longest-running television series of all-time. Another great bamboo grower was the legendary jockey Eddie Arcaro. Arcaro lost his first 250 races as a jockey before going on to win 17 Triple Crown races and 554 stakes races for total purse earnings of more than $30 million.

Well, you have a bamboo tree inside of you just waiting to break through. So keep watering and believing and you too will be flying high before you know it.

Quote:
Please Note: The following is a reprint of a post by Eric Aronson.
yashrahul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY NICE TARUJ,TRULY INSPIRING Smile
Hydrogen
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what similar to our trading experience.
TLS2010
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: A perfect article for those traders losing hope. Reply with quote

Friends have a look at the article posted by Taruj it is worth a read and re-read too, if you ever feel you are losing hope.

Thanks Taruj.
God Bless
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Abe Lincoln Reply with quote

Friends: Look at these nuggets from Abraham Lincoln's life. The same principle as the Chinese Bamboo Tree. Lagey Raho!
Prakash Holla

Abraham Lincoln.doc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Abraham Lincoln.doc
 Filesize:  22 KB
 Downloaded:  587 Time(s)

vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who haven't yet "planted a tree", a Japanese proverb

Your best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The next best time is today.
yelgodkar.86
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice article
taruj
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all!
"Your best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The next best time is today" a very valuable and interesting insight for people who procrastinate and regret.. one that I must remember!!

Abe Lincoln another very good example of lage raho!!

Prakash Ji and Vinay Ji thanks

regards,
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taruj: If you dont mind, one more heart warming example
Nagar, near Pune, Maharashtra is largely a semi-desert area mainly due to many years of warfare between Delhi Sultans/ Moghuls' local satraps and Vijaynagar/ Mahrattas, leading to neglect and degradation.
But there is one large oasis of greenery outside Nagar town. A Times of India reporter was sent there from Bombay. She asked for the owner and was guided to a man standing 200 m away
She saw a 70+, standing in the harsh sun supervising workers transplanting teak saplings from a nursery to pits already prepared. When she asked him whether the heat wasnt too much, he casually replied that he was used to it and it was necessary to supervise. Arent you too old for this? Well there is no one else, my son and grandson are busy elsewhere.
He also gently added that to the left, where there was a large lot of teak, that was planted by my grandfather and it is available to me now, to the right is a smaller lot of trees that was planted by my father for my son. AND WHAT I AM NOW PLANTING WILL BE USEFUL TO MY GRANDSON!!!
The reporter had no more Q's, took photos and left for Bombay
taruj
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thumbup

Prakash Ji. Really Heartwarming and amazing foresight.
sandeep100
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Taruj Bhai and Pkholla ji for such motivational articles. This will re-energise us for keep moving.
umesh1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it up taruj and prakash, Very Happy Very Happy
Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Psychology All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: