Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time lag in Trading terminal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Time lag in Trading terminal
vvsp
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Time lag in Trading terminal Reply with quote

Hello friends,

Has any body using Zerodha trader noticed that there was time lag at around 2 p.m. today? Or has it happened to me alone? The lag got corrected after sometime.

When market crashed and NF went below 6300 as seen in Jcharts-premium, ZT was showing 6350. It took a while for me to realise that charts were correct and ZT was showing past values.

Have a look at the enclosed image file. Notice the time on ZT, my computer and on cross-hair in charts.

Thanks.

time difference.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  204.34 KB
 Viewed:  691 Time(s)

time difference.gif

Andre
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I faced the same problem....
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every one might have got the same problem either time lag or freezing of the terminal including me.

I would like to know what is the case with NSE NOW users?.

This is one of the disadvantage/major problem faced by the retail traders. When ever there is a sudden crash/rise in the market they don't get a chance to cut the losses. If they are lucky enough to have some close Stop loss already fed to the system they may save themselves other wise doomed.

All the big players/Algo traders have their terminals installed beside NSE/BSE servers and they have undue advantage of time to ride the other traders/investors.

Kejriwal /AAP need to come in to the power to stop such day light robberies.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rk, SL being triggered is not enough. sometimes movement is so fast that order doesn't get executed even if SL is triggered.
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
rk, SL being triggered is not enough. sometimes movement is so fast that order doesn't get executed even if SL is triggered.

Yes, if the trigger price and limit price is too close. That's why I always keep a wide gap between these two. Though today I am not a victim of this move as I was carrying my shorts at that time.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use now.exe and i rarely face a lag.. i didnt face any lag today either.

I hear this is a frequent problem in icici's trading terminal / server.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't understood the problem at all. Was there just a lag and if so how many seconds? or did the terminal hang and if so, how long?
Andre
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinay,
It was lag ....since quotes were changing as if rates are real...so i guess it wasn't frozen...i guess...

It was pure system failure..and they shd be penalized for this ....as traders like me lost because of this problem....

regards,
vvsp
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinay,

As Andre wrote, it was not a freeze but lag. When I first noticed lag was about 3 minutes and later increased to 9 minutes as compared to my system time and Jcharts time. It was like this for about 20 minutes and then aligned to normal.

Thanks.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre wrote:
Vinay,
It was lag ....since quotes were changing as if rates are real...so i guess it wasn't frozen...i guess...

It was pure system failure..and they shd be penalized for this ....as traders like me lost because of this problem....

regards,

surprising. I am having odin of FT and did not face such problem. OR may be I wasn't looking! Smile
saumya12
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This problem was there in ZerodhaTrader (ZT, Zerodhas online trading terminal) only

Zerodha, somewhere else, has clarified that

Delayed feed was there for 15-20 minutes only

and the reason they stated

This was because both of their primary and secondary leased lines for feeds connecting the exchanges were down.

They further said that the issue was fixed within 20 minutes which if otherwise could have taken a lot more.

------------------------------------------

Further such type of lag in quotes can happen even in NOW or ODIN or any other trading terminal due to internet speed OR many applications running at the same time OR very high CPU usage.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saumya12 wrote:
This problem was there in ZerodhaTrader (ZT, Zerodhas online trading terminal) only

This was because both of their primary and secondary leased lines for feeds connecting the exchanges were down.

They further said that the issue was fixed within 20 minutes which if otherwise could have taken a lot more.

Further such type of lag in quotes can happen even in NOW or ODIN or any other trading terminal due to internet speed OR many applications running at the same time OR very high CPU usage.

This is good observation Saumya. Not every normal person can judge this! very good.

If whenever I face a lag, I shut my terminal, browser and apps. clean cache etc and restart now.exe and it works fine again. Never faced a continual lag like today's you have described.
saumya12
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
saumya12 wrote:

This is good observation Saumya. Not every normal person can judge this! very good.

If whenever I face a lag, I shut my terminal, browser and apps. clean cache etc and restart now.exe and it works fine again. Never faced a continual lag like today's you have described.

Actually I have faced time lag many time, due to internet speed and/or CPU usage

I have to run ODIN (to fetch data for charting) and NOW side by side with other applications like browser, tool for fetching data etc.

So many time NOW lag behind from 1 - 10 minutes or more, and I have to refresh whenever I have to take a trade. And this is because of internet speed that drops to a low some time.

And I have also noticed that at such time the CPU usage runs at its peak, ie 100%.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Brokers All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: