Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Traders Carnival 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Traders Carnival 2012
rainbow
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #31   PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Traders Carnival 2012 Reply with quote

Ah. Vinay, trust you to always get the last word in Smile

and thanks, I will take *that* as a compliment Smile

vinay28 wrote:
I only connect the dots.

Rainbow, connecting earth and the sky is not new to you! Smile

Last edited by rainbow on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #32   PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galrani, Rainbow: How about a sneak preview of 3X5 strategy for those unfortunate souls who will NOT be present at the hic, hic event ?!?!?!? Have some pity on us, please!
Prakash Holla
rainbow
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #33   PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Traders Carnival 2012 Reply with quote

PKholla

Sneak preview would whet the appetite and possibly provide a glimmer of idea to the strategy in question. Shiva, I and others have planned for this event to be a highly interactive event to ensure even the most dormant person on shoutbox also *SPEAKS UP*, asks questions, etc Smile

And since there are 8 other speakers, logistics are being worked out to pass on all strategies in the most retrievable manner. Top of mind thought is the forum. But I think this will take some time. Shiva, would like to hear your thoughts on this, looking at it from a holistic point of view.

btw, we have some great news here on #TC2012. ST has agreed to sponsor monthly premium subscriptions as prizes for the Quiz that will be conducted at #TC2012.

Thanks, ST!

And in other news, Shiva has promised to get some chocolates from Dubai for ALL participants of #TC2012. Folks, you know whom to catch Smile

Cheers
DJ

pkholla wrote:
Galrani, Rainbow: How about a sneak preview of 3X5 strategy for those unfortunate souls who will NOT be present at the hic, hic event ?!?!?!? Have some pity on us, please!
Prakash Holla
groupwave thanks
galrani
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #34   PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Traders Carnival 2012 Reply with quote

Agree with DJ on the event concept to be interactive we encourage active discussions.

And to whet the appetite on 3x5 strategy, you use Eod price of nifty or bnf future and plot the 3 day and 5 day ema. Buy when 3 day crosses above
5 day. Sell when it crosses below.

When to enter, how to enter, how much to enter, many more questions will be answered in the Carnival by Vish and other speakers incl me

one thing is sure. Chocolates are on me and drinks on the house.

Cheers
Shiva

rainbow wrote:
PKholla

Sneak preview would whet the appetite and possibly provide a glimmer of idea to the strategy in question. Shiva, I and others have planned for this event to be a highly interactive event to ensure even the most dormant person on shoutbox also *SPEAKS UP*, asks questions, etc Smile

And since there are 8 other speakers, logistics are being worked out to pass on all strategies in the most retrievable manner. Top of mind thought is the forum. But I think this will take some time. Shiva, would like to hear your thoughts on this, looking at it from a holistic point of view.

btw, we have some great news here on #TC2012. ST has agreed to sponsor monthly premium subscriptions as prizes for the Quiz that will be conducted at #TC2012.

Thanks, ST!

And in other news, Shiva has promised to get some chocolates from Dubai for ALL participants of #TC2012. Folks, you know whom to catch Smile

Cheers
DJ

pkholla wrote:
Prakash Holla
groupwave thanks
sonila
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #35   PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

galrani wrote:
Hi Sonila

Correction : 3x5 system idea and credits are to Vish only. I am only a follower of the system shown to me by him

What I am going to share is some analysis that I have done on the historical backtest that will show how and why I have arrived at the addition, scaling in and scaling out rules.

Also I will be doing a short presenation on how to make your money work for you which would cover points on how to assess requirements and work towards youtlife time goals.

Personally I'm excited to know you would be joining. I would love to discuss your PSAR intraday strategy or any others that you are following. I rarely do intraday, but would like to learn this in detail to pass on the knowledge to my wife.

Cheers
Shiva

sonila wrote:
Galrani, u r going to discuss ur 3,5 ema cross over method in TC. Right ??????
. Galrani, it is not possible for me to attend TC as i am a housewife and have a small kid. Moreover i m staying at orissa, far away from b'lore. Regarding my trading, i prefer intraday nf trading and my macd method is working good for me. For trading stocks, i m insearch of a good method on eod basis to make posnl trades. If u can share ur method, then it will be great. I will definitely love to communicate with ur spouse. Thnx.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #36   PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galrani, Rainbow (alphabetic order, pl note): thanks to both of u for sneak preview of strategy. Prakash Holla
rainbow
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #37   PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Traders Carnival 2012 Reply with quote

Shiva when you say 'drinks are on the house' pliss to specify WHOSE house Smile

galrani wrote:
Agree with DJ on the event concept to be interactive we encourage active discussions.

And to whet the appetite on 3x5 strategy, you use Eod price of nifty or bnf future and plot the 3 day and 5 day ema. Buy when 3 day crosses above

When to enter, how to enter, how much to enter, many more questions will be answered in the Carnival by Vish and other speakers incl me

Cheers
Shiva

rainbow wrote:
PKholla

Thanks, ST!

Cheers
DJ

pkholla wrote:
Prakash Holla
groupwave thanks
galrani
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #38   PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Traders Carnival 2012 Reply with quote

As any good trader will tell you - There is no free lunch in markets (ditto for dinner and drinks too Mr. Green )

rainbow wrote:
Shiva when you say 'drinks are on the house' pliss to specify WHOSE house Smile

galrani wrote:

Cheers
Shiva

rainbow wrote:
PKholla

Thanks, ST!

Cheers
DJ

pkholla wrote:
Prakash Holla
groupwave thanks
umesh1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #39   PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clap2 clap2 clap2 I liked that As any good trader will tell you - There is no free lunch in markets (ditto for Targets and goals too you need to accept stoploss)
Cheers
rakpeds
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #40   PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am going to miss this big time... had planned a tour at the same time with family... any chance getting the information and details and video after the event.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
rainbow
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #41   PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Traders Carnival 2012 Reply with quote

Rakpeds

I have had the same request from other forums too. Someone said shoot a video and put it on youtube.

I have a few points.

1. Since this session would be *heavily* interaction oriented, any video of a speaker that is shot would not convey the essence of the event. Post the strategy sessions there would be several interactions going on simultaneously between smaller groups of people. Realistically, this cannot be captured. and
2. The way the registration is priced, we do not have a budget for the logistics involved with manpower and additional presentation quality lighting, fancy audio (apart from a decent PA system that is planned) to capture all audio.

The best bet would be for people to attend the event, if possible. Or maybe wait for next year Smile

Folks, one request here.

We plan to screen context sensitive movies at the event on both days, late evening. Invite suggestions from all (even if you do not intend to attend the event) for suitable movie names.

Some suggestions received from other forums are..

Rogue trader, wall street (obviously) 21, Risky Business, The Cheat, Net Worth, The wheeler Dealers, The Crash, and more.

Please keep those ideas coming.

PS : Some folks called from Mumbai over the weekend with a query regarding Jain food being available at the venue. Have made a request with the venue Director, will get a confirmation tomorrow.

Cheers
DJ

rakpeds wrote:
i am going to miss this big time... had planned a tour at the same time with family... any chance getting the information and details and video after the event.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
rakpeds
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #42   PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Traders Carnival 2012 Reply with quote

rainbow wrote:
Rakpeds

I have had the same request from other forums too. Someone said shoot a video and put it on youtube.

I have a few points.

1. Since this session would be *heavily* interaction oriented, any video of a speaker that is shot would not convey the essence of the event. Post the strategy sessions there would be several interactions going on simultaneously between smaller groups of people. Realistically, this cannot be captured. and
2. The way the registration is priced, we do not have a budget for the logistics involved with manpower and additional presentation quality lighting, fancy audio (apart from a decent PA system that is planned) to capture all audio.

The best bet would be for people to attend the event, if possible. Or maybe wait for next year Smile

Folks, one request here.

We plan to screen context sensitive movies at the event on both days, late evening. Invite suggestions from all (even if you do not intend to attend the event) for suitable movie names.

Rogue trader, wall street (obviously) 21, Risky Business, The Cheat, Net Worth, The wheeler Dealers, The Crash, and more.

PS : Some folks called from Mumbai over the weekend with a query regarding Jain food being available at the venue. Have made a request with the venue Director, will get a confirmation tomorrow.

Cheers
DJ

rakpeds wrote:

yes very true... but atleast the main speaker sessions can be captured if possible... or some basic material
umesh1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #43   PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Traders Carnival 2012 Reply with quote

[quote="rainbow"]Rakpeds

I have a few points.

Folks, one request here.

Cheers
DJ

DJ
Would be glad if you can get the movie "The Inside Job" on 2008 melt down ,i feel its a must see for past/present and future traders
It's all depressing, well-documented stuff. "Inside Job" pulls this information together and into one eye-opening, jaw-dropping package. You may think you don't want to see this. But you should.
Cheers
umesh1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #44   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Traders Carnival 2012 Reply with quote

[quote="umesh1"]
rainbow wrote:
Rakpeds

I have a few points.

Folks, one request here.

Cheers
DJ

DJ
Would be glad if you can get the movie "The Inside Job" on 2008 melt down ,i feel its a must see for past/present and future traders
It's all depressing, well-documented stuff. "Inside Job" pulls this information together and into one eye-opening, jaw-dropping package. You may think you don't want to see this. But you should.
Cheers

Glad to know some ichartians are also participating in the event.
Cheers
amolala
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #45   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Traders Carnival 2012 Reply with quote

Dear DJ,

Well i am mighty interested to attend the " Carnival "

I was going through your website. It mentions registration charges of 8000/- and 6000/- for stay, food and seminar. What s the difference in the two slabs of rates ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Education All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: