Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trading CAN outweigh MF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Mutual Funds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Trading CAN outweigh MF
svkum
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Trading CAN outweigh MF Reply with quote

Following points will explain how traders can win over Mutual funds
1)Traders biggest advantage is his "flexibility". he can flit from trend to trend at a moments notice. The big funds cannot. This point alone should convince you to trade your own money in the stock market. If a stock falls by 10% get out and look elsewhere. Do not waste your time. go looking for the next trend.

2) FOCUS: Notice how the big funds hold 100+ stocks? They may as well simply buy index contracts. You want to narrow your focus down to the top 0.25% of stocks and trade them. Buy big %'s of your portfolio in the VERY best stocks. the ones about to explode right now

3) Play both sides of the market. Most funds are 100% invested during all market cycles. so they do O.K in a bull market only to get slaughtered in a bear market. As a private trader you can be an aggressive bull in a bull market and play it from the short side during those bear markets.
So Productive trader need not lock his money in MF and looks his own funeral doing nothing , perticularly in BEAR MARKET.
S V KUMTHEKAR
mayurnsk

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello svkum

I do agree with you regarding this post , Trader flexibility and Mutual funds.

Mayuresh Jahagirdar
Nasik
Maharashtra
saikat
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi SVKUM,

Agreed. If you are actively trading then really no point in looking into MF unless we are in Bull market and you want to shift some % of your profits into them for sort term basis.
All my ELSS were giving 2-3 times profit in early JAN and now I fear to look at their NAV. I couldn't encash due to 3 yrs locking rule. I have no idea what their worth will be at completion of 3 years.

Regards,

Saikat
mayurnsk

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi saikatnandy

I think I also made same mistake with ELSS. The timing of getting into it was totally wrong. I cannot encash. Still one year left.

What I realised is use Elliot wave to invest in Mutual fund it rips good profits.

Regards
Mayuresh Jahagirdar
Nasik
Maharashtra
saikat
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mayur,

Now Elliot Wave for MF will be too much for me Twisted Evil
So requesting you to share the time best for putting money in MF - if I happen to have some money that time - I will put. Sundaram Paribus Select Midcap used be my most fav MF. Now don't know - haven't tracked MF since Jan

Regards,

Saikat
tnandkumar
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: how to trade with mf Reply with quote

hi can anyone plse guide me how to trade mfs.i have few plans are these r correct seniour pls guide me
1. in bear market shift equity mf s to liquid funds and in bull market shift frm liquid to equity.i am using liquid funds instead of debt funds becuase of exit load.
2. this is also same as above but insted of liquid fund we shift frm euqity to gold etfs
thanks in advance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Mutual Funds All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: