Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

trading education for the newbees -- experts pl help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Technical Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author trading education for the newbees -- experts pl help
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #16   PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brother, i am posting a few charts with 34/89 ema cross over method which can be used for swing trades, these are back tested charts. plz go through them to understand it and if u have any question then plz do not hesitate

our idea is to go with an ema crossover viz 34/89 ema cross over, and validate that with corresponding macd and dmi

we will go long when 34 crosses above 89 or stays above 89 with macd and dmi in buy mode and we will sell when 34 is below 89 or just crossed blow 89 with macd and dmi in sell mode

our model stock in ABIRLANUVO, and we are only using 60 min real time chart

to display properly, i have broken the chart in to 4 sub units. we will start to view the chart from chart 2 to chart 5 and will match the commentary,while the chart 1 contain the total chart

all buy signals are represented by up arrow and sell signal are represented by down arrow,our primary sl will be +- 5 rupees from 89 ema depending our buy or sell trade and once in, we will trail our sl aggressively

1. our 1st trade is on 1/10/10 seeing the 34 crossing above 89 and macd/dmi in buy mode, let us trail it and we got our sl hit on the same day, but still with some profit as we were trialling our sl

2.2nd buy is on 6/10/10, reason same, we got hit on 7th

3.next entry is sell, its on 12/10, reason? 34 below 89 and macd/dmi in sell mode, our sl got hit on 13th

4.4th entry is on 14th/10, the ema cross over is still valid,we are selling with a sell mode from macd/dmi and with a rejection from the ema, we will agin trail our stops and if we get tsl hit, then can agian short with a macd/dmi sll and a rejection of price from ema

5.our 5th entry comes under the same rules also, then comes a choppy trend which in not tradable by ema cross over method as this method is only for trending phase

6.6th entry is on 12/11, trail the stop

7.9/12 is our 7th entry

8.our 8th entry is a buy, as 34 crossed above 89 and macd/dmi is in buy mode. we will trail it and once our sl is hit,we will use every bounce form the ema with favorable macd/dmi signal to buy it again

now i think the idea is clear to u? if u want to trade like this then start back testing using this method and calculate the rsik reward ratio carefully and after proper testing including paper trade, u can give this method a try

1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  222.77 KB
 Viewed:  592 Time(s)

1.jpg

2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  216.81 KB
 Viewed:  549 Time(s)

2.jpg

3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  210.88 KB
 Viewed:  530 Time(s)

3.jpg

4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  203.66 KB
 Viewed:  496 Time(s)

4.jpg

5.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  204.88 KB
 Viewed:  527 Time(s)

5.jpg

seshareddy
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #17   PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good thread i too try to give answers if i know for any required help

max i can give answers for general levels basic problems

discipline is must before starting the trading this is my personal feel

best of luck to all new guys and try to use this thread as max as possible

seshareddy
singh.ravee
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #18   PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Casper,

Kindly share how to use dmi indicator in trading. what are the parameter of dmi.
I feel it will benefit me and all those, who know nothing about this tool

thanks and regards
ravee
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #19   PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singh.ravee wrote:
Hello Casper,

Kindly share how to use dmi indicator in trading. what are the parameter of dmi.

thanks and regards
ravee

DMI and ADX is almost same.in jchart we dont have adx option, we have dmi only so i used dmi to asses the strength of the trend

infact. adx is the moving average of dmi,

so the rules of using adx is totally applicable for dmi, u can find one such set of rules posted by phadkondu in this thread also. go through it and if u need any more information plz let me know
Ravi_S
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #20   PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted in the wrong thread...

Regards
Ravi

Last edited by Ravi_S on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
seshareddy
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #21   PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all

think about flag patterns

any move starts from flag patteren breakout

i given few from intra 30min tf 200days

flag pattern tgt is flag stick length

more time frame more strong

best of luck to ALL

seshareddy

FLAGS.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  19.44 KB
 Viewed:  502 Time(s)

FLAGS.png

seshareddy
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #22   PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is latest flag

seshareddy

latest flag.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  16.03 KB
 Viewed:  535 Time(s)

latest flag.png

casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #23   PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice pattern sesha sir. and one thing which is making me more happy that u started drawing simple trend lines in the morning post and then step by step with trial and error u finally reached to the flag

i salute ur enthusiasm, the way u reached to the flag is really remarkable. and i am sure now u r really satisfied with the out come and will happily trade it to bring out positive result

clap2 clap2 clap2
seshareddy
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #24   PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi casper

seshareddy Smile
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #25   PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: thankQ Casper Reply with quote

dear casper,
thanks for ur suggestion and the system u posted here. i will try this out on papaer this week and let u know.
regards
padkondu
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #26   PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: seshareddy garu thanks for your involvement. Reply with quote

Sesha sir

thanks for your involvement. ever since i started this thread, there has been a good responce from the experts. but the only agony is that no novice is asking questions here, except me.

regards
padkondu
Surprised Surprised Surprised

seshareddy wrote:
good thread i too try to give answers if i know for any required help

max i can give answers for general levels basic problems

discipline is must before starting the trading this is my personal feel

best of luck to all new guys and try to use this thread as max as possible

seshareddy
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #27   PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi singh.ravee
DMI/ADX indicator is available in i charts as DMI indicator. please go through the older posts in this thread. there is a doc file which u can down load. it explains how to interpret the dmi indicator. it is basically meant to find whether the market is trending or rangebound and the strenght of trend if trending. it is used in most of the trend following strategies for this purpose only. only problem with it is that it is a much lagging indicator. other interpretations i do not know.

regards
padkondu

singh.ravee wrote:
Hello Casper,

thanks and regards
ravee
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #28   PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravi Sir,
What went wrong?.............

Padkondu

Ravi_S wrote:

Regards
Ravi
Ravi_S
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #29   PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong calculations so reverted back the post... Laughing

Padkondu wrote:
Ravi Sir,
What went wrong?.............

Padkondu

Ravi_S wrote:

Regards
Ravi
sherbaaz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #30   PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: seshareddy garu thanks for your involvement. Reply with quote

[quote="Padkondu"]Sesha sir

thanks for your involvement. ever since i started this thread, there has been a good responce from the experts. but the only agony is that no novice is asking questions here, except me.

regards
padkondu
Surprised Surprised Surprised

Rest all are experts. boxer

Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Technical Analysis All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: