Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

trading education for the newbees -- experts pl help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Technical Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author trading education for the newbees -- experts pl help
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #31   PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: seshareddy garu thanks for your involvement. Reply with quote

[quote="sherbaaz"]
Padkondu wrote:
Sesha sir

thanks for your involvement. ever since i started this thread, there has been a good responce from the experts. but the only agony is that no novice is asking questions here, except me.

regards
padkondu
Surprised Surprised Surprised

Rest all are experts. boxer

Regards

may be all. but definitely except me Very Happy

need to learn a lot and need to gather a lot exp to become expert Very Happy

book book3 book4 book6
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #32   PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: swing trade set up Reply with quote

dear casper,

i back tested the set up you suggested with little modifications. pl go thro.

timeframe - 60min.
trend identification: 34-89 ema.
macd(34,89,21). though it gives the same information as 34-89 ema, i look at the histogram.
rsi-5.
Back ground:
(1)the ema set up and macd together they tell the short term trend in the time frame that is equivalant to 240min or 4 hours time frame. this allows us to understand how the stock is trading in relation to 4 hours time frame. this tells use to go long or short.
(2) RSI-5 with 50 line gives the current trend, i.e. the short term trend in the current time frame
(3) addition confirmation through the current time frame, short term trend with DMI(13,7).
(4) basing on the above, entry is made in the current time frame using macd oscillator(5,34,5) OR
(5) if market is strongly trending, i.e. dmi is above 40, we do not get signal from macd oscillator. then shift to 15 min timefram and take entry using CCI-3 or CCI-5 using
for entry i am using macd oscillator(5,34,5) to cpture the bottom on a pull back in an up trend and viceversa.

but if dmi is showing strong trends n i do not get a signal as per macd oscillator i go to 15 min tf and get in using cci-5.

here my effort is to get the effect of multi tf effect on single tf so as to simplify.
here we are taking into account 4hrs, 60min trend and finetune entry/exit in 15 min chart.
i hv been testing this.
for exits one can adopt their own strategy of using stops like atr or ema-low-high etc.
No longs when rsi is below 50 n vice versa.
take a note of rsi divergence if any into account.
for may actual trading i am following my own multi tf strategy. but

pl go thro.
i woul like to post some charts, including those failed using this system.

regards
padkondu

mdified set up 1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  32.75 KB
 Viewed:  583 Time(s)

mdified set up 1.png

modified set up.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.33 KB
 Viewed:  548 Time(s)

modified set up.png

Last edited by Padkondu on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #33   PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi brother i have seen it, tomorrow i will test it and will post my result, today i am just exhausted Very Happy

plz dont mind

specially i need some time to understand the indicator set ups properly

will post my findings as soon as possible

Very Happy
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #34   PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: acc - failed signals Reply with quote

the two short signals to days failed, i stopped out. the steep fall prior to it could have caued mis behaviour of the macd oscillator. later i noticed positive divergence in rsi as the market moved.
need help on this.
regards
padkondu

ACC.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  46.59 KB
 Viewed:  535 Time(s)

ACC.png

casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #35   PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi brother

was it acc or nifty? ur file name and subject is acc but chart is nifty-1m

for nifty, apart from + div,i should say it came near the weekly s2 as well as psychological support of 5700 level and got support from there,

and for acc, it was a case of + dv around monthly s1 level which is more strong than weekly pivots levels

i would like to tell u that whenever to take a position make sure monthly/weekly pivots are not there to prevent the price movement
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #36   PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

casper wrote:
hi brother

for nifty, apart from + div,i should say it came near the weekly s2 as well as psychological support of 5700 level and got support from there,

and for acc, it was a case of + dv around monthly s1 level which is more strong than weekly pivots levels

i would like to tell u that whenever to take a position make sure monthly/weekly pivots are not there to prevent the price movement
Hi sir,
actually, it is the case with nifty as well as acc, both i went short, and stopped out. now on i shall keep watching monthly and weekly pivots apart from rsi-observations.
regards
padkondu
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #37   PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padkondu wrote:
casper wrote:
hi brother

Hi sir,
actually, it is the case with nifty as well as acc, both i went short, and stopped out. now on i shall keep watching monthly and weekly pivots apart from rsi-observations.
regards
padkondu
Casper Sir,
here i have the same charts, with pivots this time,
nifty with weekly pivot:-
each sell signal came along with breach of previou swing low, at 5746.80 and there was much room either towards s1 (5787) or towards s2
(5682).
regarding acc i took short position on breah of weekly pivot, on close of the candle at 10:59. macd oscillator(5,34,5) sell signal. am i right?
padkondu

nf60min.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  34.55 KB
 Viewed:  551 Time(s)

nf60min.png

ACC.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  34.88 KB
 Viewed:  515 Time(s)

ACC.png

casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #38   PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was too volatile market, and the total fall came within a big red 60 min candle. i want to say when u see a big candle is forming and closing near a support/resistance level and it is away from support level from just 20-30 NIFTY points avoid it untill the support /resistance is breached there is still very much chance to bounce back from the level

what i wrote above is about index in 60 min tf, in a volatile market, an index like nifty moves with 100-200 points range, so 20-30 points are just decimal to that

i have seen it many a times that support/resistance level works like a zone rather than a number

in case of a stock, say a 100rupees stock, u will see that it is getting support/resistance from the pivot level with +/- 1 rupee in average, this 100 rupee stock is supposed to move maximum 5 rupees per day, so here pivots with +/- 1 rupee gives good support/resistance

so whenever u see that u r reaching any support/resistance level. be it pivot or 34 ema or 89 ema, dont go by the exact number, u should expect that zone, until breached by a candle close, will offer troubles to u.

say u r bear u will short NF, and i am bull, i will buy NF

u will short when S1 is gone,(in this particular case, u had no time because of market volatility which results in a free fall)

and me, being a bull, will buy with a sl of S2, so if u think liike this, then what is ur target is my sl

now if my power is greater than u then i will make the price bounce back much before the exact S2 zone, and if ur power is greater than me then u will wipe my sl out, so here volatility will increase heavily,
now market was already volatile, then with this fight, volatility increased much more, and it is true that u can hardly predict that who will win at that time, thats why i am advising u to stay away from the trade until any of them convincingly wins (which would be decided by a candle close only)

thats why i wrote do not take position too near the support/resistance level

and one more thing. I AM UR BROTHER, NOT SIR
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #39   PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

casper wrote:
it was too volatile market, and the total fall came within a big red 60 min candle. i want to say when u see a big candle is forming and closing near a support/resistance level and it is away from support level from just 20-30 NIFTY points avoid it untill the support /resistance is breached there is still very much chance to bounce back from the level

what i wrote above is about index in 60 min tf, in a volatile market, an index like nifty moves with 100-200 points range, so 20-30 points are just decimal to that

i have seen it many a times that support/resistance level works like a zone rather than a number

in case of a stock, say a 100rupees stock, u will see that it is getting support/resistance from the pivot level with +/- 1 rupee in average, this 100 rupee stock is supposed to move maximum 5 rupees per day, so here pivots with +/- 1 rupee gives good support/resistance

so whenever u see that u r reaching any support/resistance level. be it pivot or 34 ema or 89 ema, dont go by the exact number, u should expect that zone, until breached by a candle close, will offer troubles to u.

u will short when S1 is gone,(in this particular case, u had no time because of market volatility which results in a free fall)

and me, being a bull, will buy with a sl of S2, so if u think liike this, then what is ur target is my sl

now if my power is greater than u then i will make the price bounce back much before the exact S2 zone, and if ur power is greater than me then u will wipe my sl out, so here volatility will increase heavily,
now market was already volatile, then with this fight, volatility increased much more, and it is true that u can hardly predict that who will win at that time, thats why i am advising u to stay away from the trade until any of them convincingly wins (which would be decided by a candle close only)

Hi brother,
thanks for you time and effort in clarifying my doubts. this is useful not only for me but also to those who visit this thread.
regards.
padkondu
aromal
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #40   PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: new bees Reply with quote

Padkondu wrote:
casper wrote:

Hi brother,
thanks for you time and effort in clarifying my doubts. this is useful not only for me but also to those who visit this thread.
regards.
padkondu
Quote:
Code:
[list][list=][img][/img][url][/url][/list][/list]
Code:
[url][quote] [smilie=aeom.gif]  hi new bees... i was a new bees.... but not any more..... i learned a lot...... wat i have to say is that please observe and spend time in market...... in the initial stages just observe and trade rsi divergence or break out...... in initial stages small in small quantity......in forum both laymans aproch and nvk set is good handled by sumesh sol and casper......... keep  working and ty to learn from sout box..............  [smilie=bheem.gif]  then u can beet market like this[/quote][/url]
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #41   PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: My Note Book Reply with quote

Hi folks!
I am attaching a doc file along with this post with the notes i am preparing on our subject matter. i shall keep up dating my notes (doc file) periodically to add, enhance and improve the subject matter. i thought it could be usefuly to you if i share with you. it will be useful to me tooo, since i get suggestions. finally, we may have a small booklet on tech analysis.

regards
padkondu

My Notes.doc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  My Notes.doc
 Filesize:  535 KB
 Downloaded:  735 Time(s)

aromal
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #42   PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: My Note Book Reply with quote

Padkondu wrote:
Hi folks!
I am attaching a doc file along with this post with the notes i am preparing on our subject matter. i shall keep up dating my notes (doc file) periodically to add, enhance and improve the subject matter. i thought it could be usefuly to you if i share with you. it will be useful to me tooo, since i get suggestions. finally, we may have a small booklet on tech analysis.

regards
padkondu
hi guys trading is all about following one system...... a good system, u keep on following one u will become expert then u can enjoy market and profit....... so keep working in small quantity till that time u et regular income from market AEOM
aromal
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #43   PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: new bees Reply with quote

aromal wrote:
Padkondu wrote:
casper wrote:

Hi brother,
regards.
padkondu
Quote:
Code:
[list][list=][img][/img][url][/url][/list][/list]
Code:
[url][quote] [smilie=aeom.gif]  hi new bees... i was a new bees.... but not any more..... i learned a lot...... wat i have to say is that please observe and spend time in market...... in the initial stages just observe and trade rsi divergence or break out...... in initial stages small in small quantity......in forum both laymans aproch and nvk set is good handled by sumesh sol and casper......... keep  working and ty to learn from sout box..............  [smilie=bheem.gif]  then u can beet market like this[/quote][/url]
artist some one who just following bollinger band also can ejoy profits its all about experience
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #44   PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: My Note Book Reply with quote

aromal wrote:
Padkondu wrote:
Hi folks!

regards
padkondu
hi guys trading is all about following one system...... a good system, u keep on following one u will become expert then u can enjoy market and profit....... so keep working in small quantity till that time u et regular income from market AEOM
Hi Aromal!
thanks for your interaction. thanks for the i-charts forum too, for bringing out some trading strategies. but the missing thing is the functionality of the trading system. any trading system includes some indicators or some other parameter. so without knowing the background and working of these indicators if we start trading a system, we are certain loose, ofcourse, we gain some experience. so what i try here is to bring some basic knwoledge of the most common and most powerful indicators and understand their functionality, behaviour, and backgournd. and discuss the same.

pl go through the doc file, where i discussed the trend lines, the easiest and the most powerful tool ot tech analysis, when you get some time and respond with some suggestions.
regards
padkondu
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #45   PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Trend Identification Reply with quote

Dear friends

Trend identification is always a major challenge before the trader in any time frame. then i worked with DMI. it is really an excellent indicator to indicate whether market is trending or non-trending. but it is a much lagging indicator, i used it 13,7 parameters. most of the times, by the time it shows a real good trend as per norms, the market has already moved far. often by the time dmi shows the real trend, market begins to go sideways or the trend begings to fade. one need to expertise on trend. with all this, i like dmi, since i know from dmi, when not to trade a trending strategy.

later i made an observation;

market goes sideways in lower time frame (say 15min) when ever there is a conflict of trend with higher time frame (say 60 min).

let me be more clear. if a higher timeframe is trending up wards (say 60 min) and lower timeframe is acting agains it (say 15 min time frame), the market results in a sidways movement in lower time frame. similarly, if both 15 min and 60 min are showing the same trend then only the market moves in good trend. so then i thought of getting both the trends in one time frame. we can do this only by using macd.

so i took macd(34,89,21) which is equivalent to short term trend indicator in 4 times higher timeframe. then i took the short term trend indicator for the current time frame, i.e. macd (8,17,9) or macd (12,26,9). i noticed that when ever these moving averages are conflicting the market goes sideways. and when ever they move in one direction sa up or down, the market is trending. further, the beginning of real trends can be captured earlier, compared to dmi. i keep dmi also, just for the sake of comparison.

i checked this for as large as 100 days data on nifty. good clues cand be drawn from this.

though i did not include it in my strategy, i am just working on it. so friends you can also post your openions on this.

regards
padkondu.

Trend1.png
 Description:
MACD(8,21,8) and slow stachastiks (39,3)
 Filesize:  36.51 KB
 Viewed:  536 Time(s)

Trend1.png

trend.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  34.24 KB
 Viewed:  513 Time(s)

trend.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Technical Analysis All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: