Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

trading education for the newbees -- experts pl help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Technical Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author trading education for the newbees -- experts pl help
sherbaaz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #46   PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Trend Identification Reply with quote

Padkondu wrote:
Dear friends

Trend identification is always a major challenge before the trader in any time frame. then i worked with DMI. it is really an excellent indicator to indicate whether market is trending or non-trending. but it is a much lagging indicator, i used it 13,7 parameters. most of the times, by the time it shows a real good trend as per norms, the market has already moved far. often by the time dmi shows the real trend, market begins to go sideways or the trend begings to fade. one need to expertise on trend. with all this, i like dmi, since i know from dmi, when not to trade a trending strategy.

later i made an observation;

market goes sideways in lower time frame (say 15min) when ever there is a conflict of trend with higher time frame (say 60 min).

let me be more clear. if a higher timeframe is trending up wards (say 60 min) and lower timeframe is acting agains it (say 15 min time frame), the market results in a sidways movement in lower time frame. similarly, if both 15 min and 60 min are showing the same trend then only the market moves in good trend. so then i thought of getting both the trends in one time frame. we can do this only by using macd.

so i took macd(34,89,21) which is equivalent to short term trend indicator in 4 times higher timeframe. then i took the short term trend indicator for the current time frame, i.e. macd (8,17,9) or macd (12,26,9). i noticed that when ever these moving averages are conflicting the market goes sideways. and when ever they move in one direction sa up or down, the market is trending. further, the beginning of real trends can be captured earlier, compared to dmi. i keep dmi also, just for the sake of comparison.

i checked this for as large as 100 days data on nifty. good clues cand be drawn from this.

though i did not include it in my strategy, i am just working on it. so friends you can also post your openions on this.

regards
padkondu.

Hi,

Good work indeed your thought process is very good in regard to use of MACD to find "true trend".

But if you can count and spot HIGHER LOWS in uptrend and LOWER HIGHS in down trend you would not require any indicator to identify the trend. PRICE is the best indicator.

Regards,
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #47   PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Trend Identification Reply with quote

Sherbaaz Sir,

thank you very much for your encouragement. however, it is the basic method (HH and HL) and trend lines (which i regard equally well) - i follow for identification of trend. Now i am looking for any additional method that may give better clue than this. by the way, what do you mean by "count" in your reply. is it any method? can you please explain this?.

regards
padkondu
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #48   PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: POINT N FIGURE CHART - NIFTY Reply with quote

Hi friends

i present here the point and figure chart of nifty spot, with 50point - 3 box reversal parameters. this gives some idea about where nifty is headed in short term. i have been updating this chart for the last year and has been helpful in my swing trading also. just out of interes i do this and i would like to share it.

regards
padkondu

pnf_60min_140.xls
 Description:
UPDATED 02.00PM 11/11/11

Download
 Filename:  pnf_60min_140.xls
 Filesize:  33 KB
 Downloaded:  665 Time(s)

Last edited by Padkondu on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
sandew
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #49   PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Padkondu,

Good work, keep posting.
sherbaaz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #50   PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: POINT N FIGURE CHART - NIFTY Reply with quote

Padkondu wrote:
Hi friends

i present here the point and figure chart of nifty spot, with 50point - 3 box reversal parameters. this gives some idea about where nifty is headed in short term. i have been updating this chart for the last year and has been helpful in my swing trading also. just out of interes i do this and i would like to share it.

regards
padkondu

Hi,

Very good work indeed. It good to know that you are following pnf and 60 min tf can be updated real time.

regds,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Technical Analysis All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: