Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trading Levels for 29.05.2009

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Trading Levels for 29.05.2009
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Trading Levels for 29.05.2009 Reply with quote

Trading Levels for 29.05.2009

SORRY, I AM POSTING ONLY NIFTY FUTURES LEVELS FOR 29.05.2009

R5 4614.95
R4 4526.00
R3 4495.20
R2 4437.05
R1 4416.05
BULL 4382.10
LOC 4337.60
BEAR 4293.15
S1 4259.15
S2 4238.15
S3 4180.00
S4 4149.20
S5 4060.25

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Followup Reply with quote

Today's 5-min NF chart with relevant levels & probable trades marked

1. Alternative strategy long as 11:00 bar closed above the swing high of 10:40 bar. Long at open of 11:05 bar. SL at 4360...do note that SL was quite far away. 2nd preference of SL is 4380 (little below bull level - the key level) but the risk of SL getting hit is high.

2. Regular long as two bars closed above the bull level. Long at open of 11:10 bar. SL at 4360...comments about SL above apply in this case too.

3. There was some confusion here at this point where a regular short was triggered. After price closed above R2, two bars closed below R2, the second bar was an up bar that close just short of R2.

Two important things to note here:

A. I usually do not take new trades in the opp direction of the current trade until my current SL or trailing SL is hit.

B. If I still had to take the his particular short trade, I would still have watched for one or two more bars to see if there would be a follow through to the downside as the trend was particular strong in NF. Reliance was stronger indicating the chance of a major downside move was not that great.

DO NOTE THAT ONE CANNOT TRADE THESE LEVELS LIKE A MECHANICAL TRADING SYSTEM. THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE. THAT IS WHY I INSIST THAT ONE NEEDS TO BLEND THESE LEVELS INTO THEIR OWN TRADING SYSTEM/METHOD. COMBINING OTHER TREND BASED INDICATORS AND/OR OSCILLATORS COULD MAKE SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE AND WOULD GREATLY HELP IN THE DECISION MAKING PROCESS, ESPECIALLY DURING SUCH CONFLICTING/CONFUSING SIGNALS.

Profit taking is yet to be discussed by me. If you see on the chart, I have not moved the trailing SL up after R2 levels. I will try and post something this weekend about it. I will also try and post few examples of combining technical indicators to help in the decision making process during trading using these levels.

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The earlier chart I posted was what I did during my trading (in which I bend the rules a bit Very Happy based on my judgement). One user in shoubox followed the rules to the book so he took a short at the open of 10:30 bar. This was fine as the user went with the rules. I was, on the otherhand waiting for a breakout or breakdown from that level.

The short entry was at about 4380 with SL at about 4400. The SL would have hit at 11:05 and a long would have triggered on the next bar.

I am highlighting that trade in the chart below:

HARSHAD
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: swing traders 29 may Reply with quote

Very Happy 4495 was there in levels given by u .
Evil or Very Mad 4382 broken and my 4200 put shrinked rapidly
swingtrader keep rocking bye.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Archives All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: