Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trading market breadth cycles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Trading Journals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Trading market breadth cycles
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #16   PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
"......selling equal number of NOV 5800 CE......"

Smart move ST. Smile

Yeah...looking at the international markets now, it now certainly seems to be a smart move Mr. Green Tomm will probably be an interesting day.

vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #17   PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember tmrw is 8th. Smile
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #18   PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 5600-5800 call bull spread is in about 7% profit (profit on funds locked into the trade). The profit was up as high as 43% on 7th Nov Very Happy I am testing breadth cycle trades or else I would have been out of the trade on 7th once profit went above 30% or so. For my usual short term option trades my profit target is around 25-30% but would gladly take even 15% if I am not comfortable with the position. For my short-term options trading my aim is to make 8-10% monthly consistently. When there are windfall profit trades like the current one I usually am out of these with the big profit as these can create a good profit cushion to absorb multiple losing trades. Anyway...the idea here is for me to test breadth cycles and that is what I will continue to do.

Short term breadth continues to go up but medium term breadth is poised to start its cycle down. I am closely monitoring this together with NF price as I will be moving with the breadth cycle. I do not want to trade against it too much. If NF breaks down from here and breadth cycle starts going down I will get into a bearish trade. I think next week will be very interesting...

Gemini
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #19   PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear ST,

I eagerly await yours posts in this as well as Market Sentiment thread. Thanks for sharing "professional" way of trading. It is very interesting to know how important consistency is in this activity.

Please keep sharing your views / actions and enriching us. Wish you and team and all ichartians "Happy Diwali".
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #20   PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gemini wrote:
Dear ST,

I eagerly await yours posts in this as well as Market Sentiment thread. Thanks for sharing "professional" way of trading. It is very interesting to know how important consistency is in this activity.

Please keep sharing your views / actions and enriching us. Wish you and team and all ichartians "Happy Diwali".

Thanks.

Wish you too a Very Happy Diwali !!!

saumya12
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #21   PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear ST
Thanks for your breadth charts
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #22   PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saumya12 wrote:
Dear ST
Thanks for your breadth charts

You are welcome.

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #23   PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The medium term breadth seems to have started to roll down. I may convert my position later today to get in line with the down cycle. It would depend on the price action today. Immediate upside now probable only on break of upside resistances around 12th & 9th Nov highs.
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #24   PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continuing to hold the 5600-5800 bull call spread, currently down Rs. 1300 per lot. I will hold until the 31st Oct lows break as I need price confirmation to go short. Market breadth continues to roll down. Medium term breadth now starting to go down fast indicating broad weakness entering the market. Short term breadth beginning to roll down. So a break below the 31st Oct lows would be a sufficient price confirmation for me.

The probabilities look something like this. I am assuming a down move and going with the breadth (after price confirmation) but I am keeping the broad probable bullish scenario in mind too and will be prepared to reverse. The bullish scenario will play out if medium term breadth reverses midway (this will happen only on a very strong upmove). The other likely bullish scenario is the normal one where medium term breadth hits bottom below -80% and turns up. This would be a strong bullish indication if we do not go down too much along with medium term breadth. I will be watching out for this....

The idea of all this is to lose as less as possible while trying to align with the broad trend and eventually get on the major move in whichever direction it is.

vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #25   PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought, ST. Is it possible to use this (or even merge if possible) with one or two leading indicators?
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #26   PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
Just a thought, ST. Is it possible to use this (or even merge if possible) with one or two leading indicators?

It should be possible...yes. I do use Fibs from time to time for projection of probable turning points. I am sure other leading indicators can be used too. But I use it separately, I do not merge it. Anything particular you had in mind?

vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #27   PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fib is fine ST but I was thinking of any oscillator(s) e.g. rsi. My intent was to see whether one can ensure timely entry (or corrective action), as ideal as possible.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #28   PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSI and MACD combo would be nice
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #29   PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
Fib is fine ST but I was thinking of any oscillator(s) e.g. rsi. My intent was to see whether one can ensure timely entry (or corrective action), as ideal as possible.

I tried lots of permutations/combinations but finally settled on price confirmation itself (sup/res/trendline breaks). Indicators like RSI/STOCH or any other oscillator have their own issues and adding those will probably add complications to the whole setup. This has been my experience but it may be possible to add other indicators for confirmation, more experimentation is needed.

vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #30   PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes ST. I just thought of it yesterday because I feel cash buying has started.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Trading Journals All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: