Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trading period

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Trading period
svkum
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Trading period Reply with quote

Dear all ,
i would be interestimg to know how many people trade in various trading periods .
pl respond actively to sense pulse of the market partcipents.

s v kumthekar
mayurnsk

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi svkum

I Use to do only day trading, as everyone does in the begin. But soon I realised that restricting oneself to one time frame is useless. Opportunity is everything.

Then I started with postional & swing trading and I am happy to say I am successful in that. So now I trade in every time frame, trying to cash best opportunity available. It has given lotta flexibilty to me in trading. I also do investing. I dont leave any such opportunity per se Very Happy, but at the same time I dont over trade.

I am a strong believer...no time frame one should restrict to but concentrate on opportunities available before you, and manage your trade. So for managing trade is of more importance than time frames...and yes I hate SLs Razz

So trade what you see and dont trade trade what you think.

Regards
Mayuresh Jahagirdar
Nasik
Maharashtra
tiramrit
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Mayur,
I have read it only today. It is like putting "Gaagar mein Saagar".
regards
saikat
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi SVKUM,

You have asked a very valid question.
I sincerely believe that, actual big money can be made ONLY by trading the major Swings. The traders who are too busy trying to catch the minor intraday moves can never catch the big swings due to their mind sets.
It takes time to complete the big moves and once we are sure that we are in the correct side of the market (sure - by no other means than showing a profit in our existing position); then we should have the courage to stay on, to hold on.... till we get the valid exit signal.

But there is a catch.
I think everybody would realize this ultimate TRUE, only after trying his luck with day trading. This realization (that SWING is best) should come to him from his own (bad) experiences with day trades and not after hearing somebody saying it.
The sooner it comes, the better.

Sorry.. I replied very late... not being regular here.

Regards,

Saikat Nandy
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Trading period Reply with quote

Sir,
i have been trading for the last 1 year. i am more a reader than a trader. more over i do not trade daily. i do sit for the entire day, when i get opportunity, say 2-3 days a week. so my main time frame is capitalising on swings, for which is use weekly charts, to identity the main trend, note the reading of 5week rsi, and for entry/exit is use swing charts which i draw manually on an excel sheet for nifty, and point and figure charts for individual stocks. i do not trade on liverage.

i have been a total failure, in intra day, i would like to hear from u about the strategies u adopt, time frames, indicators with settings.

it will be of great help if u could explain me the same
TradeHunter
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: hi padkondu Reply with quote

padkondu,i think there is nothing to keep on learning,you have to choose a strategy that reflects the true market picture.......
until u find it it will be a toughjourney, it is like standing for a bus in the bus stop alone....u have get into the bus(a rite strategy)and you have to be there for long time......as the travel is for long distance....

i am 100% a day trader,ur time frame may be anything,but u need to go in rite direction dats important.....

dont search for a magical technical indicator,nothing exists like that,
I PERSONALLY PREFER RSEX in 30 M..TF..and in my chart settings i prefer to display 5 days data...for intrady trading..and using it for 1 month...and really great.....

happy trading.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: