Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

United Spirits Intraday Chart not displayed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Problems & Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author United Spirits Intraday Chart not displayed
falcon
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: United Spirits Intraday Chart not displayed Reply with quote

Hi,

The intraday chart of United Spirits (MCDOWELL-N) is not being displayed. Would you look into this matter please?
hemant.icharts
Site Admin

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: United Spirits Intraday Chart not displayed Reply with quote

Dear Member,

Code for intraday charts for United Spirits is MCDOWELL_N.
Please type MCDOWELL_N and press to view intraday charts.

Regards,
Hemant @ iCharts.

falcon wrote:
Hi,

The intraday chart of United Spirits (MCDOWELL-N) is not being displayed. Would you look into this matter please?
falcon
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: United Spirits Intraday Chart not displayed Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

Are you aware that MCDOWELL_N doesn't display daily chart? You need to change the stock code back to NSE-specified code, MCDOWELL-N in order to view the daily chart.

hemant.icharts wrote:
Dear Member,

Code for intraday charts for United Spirits is MCDOWELL_N.
Please type MCDOWELL_N and press to view intraday charts.

Regards,
Hemant @ iCharts.

falcon wrote:
Hi,

pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAKWAAS NSE SYMBOLS

Falcon: Apparently same thing is happening in HCL INSYS!

HCL Infosystems has a most unusual symbol! Check it for yourself!
HCL-INSYS gives only positional (daily) charts but not intra
and
HCL_INSYS gives only intra charts but not daily (posit) charts

Jai Hind, Prakash Holla

We should request NSE to remove all these BAKWAAS additions/ complications like N as in SBIN, or - or _ >>>> which have no meaning but make us tear out our remaining hair!

(They do listen, at times, like when they shortened INFOSYSTECH to just INFY, on public demand)

Cheers, Prakash Holla
falcon
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prakash Holla,

Since you seem to be intruding in places where you are not invited, let me ask you this. I can't see the 'live' version of daily chart of MCDOWELL even though I saved both codes. I want to enter a trade during trading hours based on the 'live' daily chart. If I can only see the daily chart at the end of the day, what is the use of my subscription of Premium Charts. I can use the free EOD charts, right?

pkholla wrote:
BAKWAAS NSE SYMBOLS

and

Jai Hind, Prakash Holla

We should request NSE to remove all these BAKWAAS additions/ complications like N as in SBIN, or - or _ >>>> which have no meaning but make us tear out our remaining hair!

(They do listen, at times, like when they shortened INFOSYSTECH to just INFY, on public demand)

Cheers, Prakash Holla
kamal.icharts
Site Admin

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Falcon,

It is due to the hypen in the scripts, that we are having different codes for EOD and Intraday.

We will try and see if we can synchronize both the symbols.

Regards

Kamal
falcon wrote:
Dear Prakash Holla,

Since you seem to be intruding in places where you are not invited, let me ask you this. I can't see the 'live' version of daily chart of MCDOWELL even though I saved both codes. I want to enter a trade during trading hours based on the 'live' daily chart. If I can only see the daily chart at the end of the day, what is the use of my subscription of Premium Charts. I can use the free EOD charts, right?

pkholla wrote:
BAKWAAS NSE SYMBOLS

and

Jai Hind, Prakash Holla

Cheers, Prakash Holla
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falcon wrote:
Dear Prakash Holla,

Dear Falcon,
I only pointed in my post out that the same problem is occurring in other scrips also like HCL INSYS. That we may need to contact NSE to remove things like N, "-", "_" which are not necessary
Why "intrude", "interfere", etc strong words?
Do I need your or anybody's permission to comment on a PUBLIC comment in PUBLIC forum of ICharts?
Awaiting your reply, Prakash Holla
Also please read my post PROPERLY. I gave the solution that intra chart comes in HCL_INSYS and posit chart comes in HCL-INSYS
Perhaps may be the same in 'MCDOWELL' also
falcon
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prakash Holla,

You will get my detailed answer tonight.

pkholla wrote:
falcon wrote:
Dear Prakash Holla,

Dear Falcon,
I only pointed in my post out that the same problem is occurring in other scrips also like HCL INSYS. That we may need to contact NSE to remove things like N, "-", "_" which are not necessary
Why "intrude", "interfere", etc strong words?
Do I need your or anybody's permission to comment on a PUBLIC comment in PUBLIC forum of ICharts?
Awaiting your reply, Prakash Holla
Also please read my post PROPERLY. I gave the solution that intra chart comes in HCL_INSYS and posit chart comes in HCL-INSYS
Perhaps may be the same in 'MCDOWELL' also
falcon
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr Prakash Holla,

Though I haven’t made my point sufficiently clear in my first two messages to the iCharts team, assuming that they might alrealdy have been aware of the problem and I just needed to bring their attention to it, while writing my third message (which was to you), I have clearly explained the problem and it was understood by the iCharts team and they said they would look into it. I don’t think you have understood the problem. If you have, you wouldn’t have said, “I gave the solution” even after the iCharts team said they would look into it. If there is already a solution given by you, why would they say they would be looking into it? So, read my post again. I am not saying I am too unwilling to work with two different codes for the same stock. All I am saying is that I am not getting the chart I want even with two codes! I hope you got my point now.

Regarding the words, “intrude” and “interfere”, please allow me to answer for the former only as the latter was never used by me. Initially I was a bit reluctant to use the word “intrude”. You can see all my previous posts and you will be fully convinced that they never carry harsh language. I usually speak when I have something to say rather than to say something. Just before posting my complaint today, it just so happened I read the discussion in the thread “Supertrend indicator in Live charts” and you went even to the extent of saying”:

“no one is stopping anyone from trying other data providers who may or may not be providing super in small screen!”

which, I felt was a bit too far-fetched and certainly was not in the best spirit of an open forum as advocated by you, if not in the best interest of the financial welfare of the forum itself. I fully agree that you, or for that matter, anyone doesn’t need anyone’s permission to post a message in an open forum. All you need is a registered login name.

The first part of your message is absolutely fine with me (though I have my own reservations for starting the message with the words “BAKWAAS NSE SYMBOLS”) as far as providing the name of HCL-INSYS which has the same problem but the later part about soliciting for writing to NSE didn’t really convince me because ordinary mortals like me would find it hard to fathom the real day-to-day challenges in running an organisation as big and complex as the NSE and I am not inclined to believe that those heads which are capable of running such an organisation would be so foolish or so irresponsible or so unthoughtful as to create bald heads out of improper stock codes.

Changes in company names, stock splits, mergers are unavoidable as are the ‘hyphen’s and ‘underscore’s. A good software development/maintenance team would normally be able to deal with those adjustments quite capably if you give them enough time. By the way, did you ever write to the iCharts team about these scrips in the past? I couldn’t find any of your messages in this regard. Please correct me if I am wrong. You should have proposed writing to the NSE after the iCharts team has given it up completely, although, as I said earlier, I have my own reservations in joining with you. Please note that your message was specifically addressed to me while my message was specifically addressed to the iCharts team. Since you came up with your proposal to write to the NSE even before the iCharts team responded formally to my complaint, it essentially means that you either have no faith in their ability or you believe that you know about their ability better than themselves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Problems & Complaints All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: