Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using indicators to reduce whipsaws and risk
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Using indicators to reduce whipsaws and risk
neemtree
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #16   PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: thanks for giving good trading strategy Reply with quote

Hi ST,

Its very good trading strategy. But the problem here is, this works only in trending market. Either it could be up trend / down trend. But in complete side ways market, i am not sure if this works as there will not be any trend and no cross overs happen.

I have 2 questions on this trade:

1. can you exactly point out (if possible with some chart) where to put stop loss.
2. At what point of time to book profit.

Thanks,
Srinivas
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #17   PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kommacnu,

The new strategy I have posted works with sideways market - that is the only reason why I have posted this strategy. You have not understood the strategy correctly, MOVING AVERAGE CROSSOVERS ARE NOT REQUIRED FOR TRADE INITIATION. Please go through last 2-3 days' "followups" I have posted in the levels posts for examples. I have clearly specified the stops also (though not marked on the chart).

In any case, I will be posting these charts on a daily basis. So once we get a sideways day, you will get your example.

Profit booking is to be addressed, I will do it in the next few days once I get time. Stay tuned.

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #18   PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kommacnu,

CLARIFICATION: When I say the new strategy works with sideways market, I mean keeps a trader out of the whipsaws in sideways market (that is the idea of using the EMA filters). I am not trying to create a system to trade the sideways market. The focus of my system is to capture trends only.

Again...EMA crossovers are not required, EMAs are used for two things only - to determine the direction in which to initiate trades, second - to identify confluences of levels & EMAs where one can get into the trade early (before EMAs announce the change of trend).

Please go through the examples of last 2-3 days so you get some idea about it. I will keep posting examples everyday so please post your comments. Thanks.

pipstocks
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #19   PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respected ST sir,

Many thanks to start this informative thread using ema and levels . This strategy is much helpful for the new comers like me.
You are sincerely requested to guide how to use ema and levels on gap up/down opening days like today.
You also highlight the exact method to decide profit locking point.
Thanks again for such a humble job.
sandew
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #20   PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear ST,

Can we have an indicator which shows up as a HISTOGRAM giving absolute price difference between the current price (close, 5 minute bar) and the corresponding 34 ema.

If yes, then please allow flexibiity in selecting parameter usage, say for example between 30 dsma and eod nifty, and so on.

Thanks
Sandew
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #21   PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pipstocks wrote:
Respected ST sir,

Many thanks to start this informative thread using ema and levels . This strategy is much helpful for the new comers like me.
You are sincerely requested to guide how to use ema and levels on gap up/down opening days like today.
You also highlight the exact method to decide profit locking point.
Thanks again for such a humble job.

In case of a gap up/down just rely on the levels. Any technical indicator (including moving averages) will need to factor out the huge gap that would distort the indicator, so one would have to rely on levels and price based support/resistance.

Scalper
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #22   PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Fibonacci Retracements Explain the Funda . Reply with quote

Hello sir,

Please explain the Fibonacci Retracements. how to use the indicator , when to Buy and When to Sell and i see some levels 26% 38% 61.8%
what does it mean. please explain in detail sir.

Regards
Scalper
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #23   PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Fibonacci Retracements Explain the Funda . Reply with quote

Scalper wrote:
Hello sir,

Please explain the Fibonacci Retracements. how to use the indicator , when to Buy and When to Sell and i see some levels 26% 38% 61.8%
what does it mean. please explain in detail sir.

Regards
Scalper

Hi,

I will post a detailed reply about this in the "TA Participants Course" forum (I had actually asked you to post this query in that forum).

dharmeshtr
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #24   PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Why 5 mins time frame for whipsaws? Reply with quote

ST,

Why 5 mins TF is to be taken for consideration for this strategy to stay away from whipsaws? Why not 15 mins TF? Why not 30 mins TF?

Mkt may change the trend after 2 hours as well?

What is ideal Stop Loss for this strategy?

Thanks,
dtr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Archives All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: