Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WHEN ALL are SOOOO MUCH BULLISH ON NIFTY ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author WHEN ALL are SOOOO MUCH BULLISH ON NIFTY ...
yogonline
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: WHEN ALL are SOOOO MUCH BULLISH ON NIFTY ... Reply with quote

AEOM
WHEN ALL SO CALLED EXPERTS ARE SO SOOO MUCH BULLISH ON NIFTY ..
I THINK IT IS TIME TO EXIT LONGS. YEAR BACK THEY ADVISED TO SELL ...
I REMEMBER ASHWINI GUJRALS CALL TO SHORT IDFC @ 95/- Rs and Sadly
i sold my LONG 10 LOTs with LOSS ...Shhh Now IDFC Nearly doubled !!!!

[/b]
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: WHEN ALL are SOOOO MUCH BULLISH ON NIFTY ... Reply with quote

yogonline wrote:
AEOM

[/b]

Ashwani must have also given SL for short as all do. You could have bought again above SL.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yog: You are 101% correct!
1) I have an American ebook: Champion Traders. One of the 10 multi millionaires in the book has a very simple strategy: Reads all the expert columns in 10 newspapers/ weeklies/ monthlies. Forms a summary. Goes contra!
2) Read "Trading for a living" by Dr Elder (also a multi millionaire) where he makes fun of such experts!
3) I think we in India should start with Tulsiyan, do back test and see how much we could have made by going contra to this "great" man
Cheers, Prakash Holla
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: WHEN ALL are SOOOO MUCH BULLISH ON NIFTY ... Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
yogonline wrote:
AEOM

[/b]

Ashwani must have also given SL for short as all do. You could have bought again above SL.

Very true Vinay Laughing
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
Yog: You are 101% correct!
1) I have an American ebook: Champion Traders. One of the 10 multi millionaires in the book has a very simple strategy: Reads all the expert columns in 10 newspapers/ weeklies/ monthlies. Forms a summary. Goes contra!
2) Read "Trading for a living" by Dr Elder (also a multi millionaire) where he makes fun of such experts!
3) I think we in India should start with Tulsiyan, do back test and see how much we could have made by going contra to this "great" man
Cheers, Prakash Holla

Hi Prakash Ji,

Can you upload that American eBook for our reference.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chetan: 1) no ji please, this is democracy except for few maharajas (mainly in congress)! 2) i dont think icharts will allow exchange of book that may be under copyright 3) Book is >2 mb, >1 mb file not allowed as per IC rules. Sorry
prakash holla
skd2012
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When one is with the trend, can earn small small profit regularly and SL hits in 1-2 occasions. Those who are against the trend, faces opposite. Almost every day SL hits and targets are done in 1-2 occasions.

It is not that against the trend moves are small always but one would exit after capturing 20% moves as they are afraid of earlier SL hitting.

Psychology works in this way!! Smile
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Das: We are talking about going contra to SO CALLED AND SELF STYLED EXPERTS like Tulsiyan, Indrajaal etc.
Not about going contra to market
Cheers, Prakash Holla
jaimaalaxmi
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: jai Reply with quote

i think one more big bar need to reverse market sentiment,,,,still bulish that time
skd2012
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
Das: We are talking about going contra to SO CALLED AND SELF STYLED EXPERTS like Tulsiyan, Indrajaal etc.
Not about going contra to market
Cheers, Prakash Holla

Prakash, Seeing subject line, I have written for market trend only. Individual's view should not affect one's trade I feel. Smile Just ignore them is better for us. But news affect market moves, which affect most traders in turn. We can see TV to know about current news flow.
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
Hi Chetan: 1) no ji please, this is democracy except for few maharajas (mainly in congress)! 2) i dont think icharts will allow exchange of book that may be under copyright 3) Book is >2 mb, >1 mb file not allowed as per IC rules. Sorry
prakash holla

Hi Prakash,

Just came in after 2 days convention programme organized by my office,
unfortunately....u have to try again....as it was already late Wink
stevenmat
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sw_das wrote:
When one is with the trend, can earn small small profit regularly and SL hits in 1-2 occasions. Those who are against the trend, faces opposite. Almost every day SL hits and targets are done in 1-2 occasions.

It is not that against the trend moves are small always but one would exit after capturing 20% moves as they are afraid of earlier SL hitting.

It is true that psychology works that way...but tell me some thing can you point out atleast 3 improvements/differences between the state of our economy (indian/global) from now when compared to a year back (may be oct/Nov 2011).. If you look at macro factors nothing has changed dramatically except for the high liquidity which has pushed the markets upward...High inflation ..low growth..more QE so more problems(in future obviously)..despite QE rupee is at 55.. I don't think we have improved drastically...we will crack...let's see...(i might be wrong)..
skd2012
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenmat wrote:
sw_das wrote:

It is true that psychology works that way...but tell me some thing can you point out atleast 3 improvements/differences between the state of our economy (indian/global) from now when compared to a year back (may be oct/Nov 2011).. If you look at macro factors nothing has changed dramatically except for the high liquidity which has pushed the markets upward...High inflation ..low growth..more QE so more problems(in future obviously)..despite QE rupee is at 55.. I don't think we have improved drastically...we will crack...let's see...(i might be wrong)..

Steve, no argument on whether market will not move in counter way or not. I have talked about practicality and probability of making money in counter trade. Even if we take a scenario market goes up 1% every day for 8-10 days and it falls 8% on 11th day. It will be hard for one to short everyday and give SLs. Even though market falls as much it goes up, it will hard to catch even 50% of that 8% fall. Just a thought!! No hard and fast rule. Its just about trend, nothing to do with long or short. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: