Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which Trading System Or Strategy Is The Most Profitable?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Commodities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Which Trading System Or Strategy Is The Most Profitable?
biglivetrade
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject: Which Trading System Or Strategy Is The Most Profitable? Reply with quote

I am not able to generate profit if any successful strategy, Indicator or tips you have, suggest to me.
rwdesai
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Focus on risk management and position sizing.
shshah123
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject: trading strategy for new traders Reply with quote

strategy should be simple ,less whipsaw,easy to predict future moove. After lots of loosing money unended serch is on .lets work on 60 min tf in livcharts use one indicator named donchain20.use upper band as resistance and lower band as support.now you will trade on lower time frame ie 15 min tf use upper band as sl for short selling and lower band as sl for long trades
shshah123
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hcharts users can use indicator highest high value and lowest low value by changing setting to 20.for trend line you can use points touching these bands sucessfully for wedges, ascending tringle decending tringle.in view to take trendline breakout advantagethe staircase type structre on chart may be used for higher high higher low as well as lower high lower low formation in order to do swing trading
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Trading System Or Strategy Is The Most Profitable? Reply with quote

biglivetrade wrote:
I am not able to generate profit if any successful strategy, Indicator or tips you have, suggest to me.

Use EMA-5 & EMA-10 cross over along with RSI-8 in any TF.

Buy - whenever EMA Crossover happens after a candle close with RSI-8 abv 60, buy with SL as low of previous candle, Target is Difference of current candle high and low of previous candle.

Sell - whenever EMA crossover happens with EMA-10 on top and RSI-8 below 40, sell with previous candle high as SL, target is difference of current candle low and previous candle high.

- buy only if RSI-8 is abv 60 and Sell only if RSI-8 is below 39, both ema cross and RSI-8 should fulfill together.
manojkr78
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chetan what time frame to use???
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manojkr78 wrote:
Chetan what time frame to use???

Hi Manoj,

I do scalping by this method in banknifty options, so i trade in 3 mins to 15 mins TF, lower the TF lesser the target and SL.
My aim is to earn 2% daily after all deductions...

Do backtesting and see the result....

Regards,
Chetan.
manojkr78
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks chetan
falcon
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chetan,

Seems to be a good strategy for scalping. Thanks for sharing it. I am going to backtest it manually. I have a question. How do we handle a crossover if it happens on the day's first candle? Which chart to be observed? Spot or futures?
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falcon wrote:
Hi Chetan,

Seems to be a good strategy for scalping. Thanks for sharing it. I am going to backtest it manually. I have a question. How do we handle a crossover if it happens on the day's first candle? Which chart to be observed? Spot or futures?

Hi,

I use, marketpulse (android app) as there we get values in cross over for both Cash/futures/options in any TF.

Regards,
Chetan.
channasri
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Trading System Or Strategy Is The Most Profitable? Reply with quote

biglivetrade wrote:

The key is to do manual backtesting over a period of time with several strategies and chose the time tested and successful one. Here 'successful' means the strategy whose post brokerage returns are more than the underlying scrip's performance on its own.

Focus on the net profit (after brokerage and deducting losses from loss making trades) and not on the percentage of winners. Stick to the rules set which should be based on manual backtesting.

Shortlist 2 or 3 alternative strategies and observe them in real time. Then put your hard cash and manage the trades. You will chose the best trading strategy comfortable to you. Keep on improvising. Have patience.

One simple strategy is using 34 EMA in hourly time frame. Buy when candlestick closes above this and keep closing below it as SL. Vice-versa for shorts.

Most important thing is avoid mix-up of trading strategies and time frames.

All the best.
channasri
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Trading System Or Strategy Is The Most Profitable? Reply with quote

chetan83 wrote:
biglivetrade wrote:

Buy - whenever EMA Crossover happens after a candle close with RSI-8 abv 60, buy with SL as low of previous candle, Target is Difference of current candle high and low of previous candle.

Sell - whenever EMA crossover happens with EMA-10 on top and RSI-8 below 40, sell with previous candle high as SL, target is difference of current candle low and previous candle high.

- buy only if RSI-8 is abv 60 and Sell only if RSI-8 is below 39, both ema cross and RSI-8 should fulfill together.

Hi Chethan,

This strategy is a good one no doubt. However, too many trades can happen. Do you agree.... How do you control the trading whipsaws ?
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Which Trading System Or Strategy Is The Most Profitable? Reply with quote

channasri wrote:
chetan83 wrote:
biglivetrade wrote:

Hi Chethan,

This strategy is a good one no doubt. However, too many trades can happen. Do you agree.... How do you control the trading whipsaws ?

Hi,

I agree to your statement, and this is equally holds good for other strategy as well. But as i said trading in such method for me is not to carry any trade for a given target (say in 10 min candle, i aim is to get only 5-7 points and if u back test, minimum move is more or less by 10-11 points).
Moreover, if you see a big candle doing crossover and RSI, the next candle has a tendency to move in similar way, but better to book early as SL is big
Also, SL is very minimum in small candle where cross over is happening.

Overall, we need to see that my minimum target is met during the day and i am out for rest of the day.

Regards,
Chetan.
shanticomq
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Which Trading System Or Strategy Is The Most Profitable? Reply with quote

chetan83 wrote:
channasri wrote:
chetan83 wrote:
biglivetrade wrote:

Hi Chethan,

Hi,

I agree to your statement, and this is equally holds good for other strategy as well. But as i said trading in such method for me is not to carry any trade for a given target (say in 10 min candle, i aim is to get only 5-7 points and if u back test, minimum move is more or less by 10-11 points).
Moreover, if you see a big candle doing crossover and RSI, the next candle has a tendency to move in similar way, but better to book early as SL is big

Overall, we need to see that my minimum target is met during the day and i am out for rest of the day.

Regards,
Chetan.

Thanks Chetan Sir to sharing this simple but very good method.

Mr. chetan Sir RU buy ITM or ATM or OTM call/put to get max return ?

Thanks.

Sanjay
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #15   PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Trading System Or Strategy Is The Most Profitable? Reply with quote

shanticomq wrote:
chetan83 wrote:
channasri wrote:
chetan83 wrote:
biglivetrade wrote:

Hi Chethan,

Hi,

Regards,
Chetan.

Thanks Chetan Sir to sharing this simple but very good method.

Mr. chetan Sir RU buy ITM or ATM or OTM call/put to get max return ?

Thanks.

Sanjay

ITM, and preferably to be traded on next weeks expiry options.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Commodities All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: