Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wireless Internet For Icharts & NEST

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which is The Best Wireless Internet Connection for icharts & NEST data?
Tata Photon
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Reliance
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Airtel 4G
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
BSNL
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Idea
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Author Wireless Internet For Icharts & NEST
AmitSwl_FnO
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Wireless Internet For Icharts & NEST Reply with quote

Hello all,
I would like to have your opinion on the best wireless internet to use out of Airtel 4G,Tata Photon,Reliance 3G,BSNL 3G,Idea 3G. Pls share your experience. Also to quantify pls participate in the poll.

Thanks to all in advance.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends: This is a very difficult task! Please understand why?
Umesh1 of Bombay is VERY HAPPY with Reliance who give 3g wireless connection in THAT city and 5 gb gprs @ Rs 95. Isko laga dala to life jingalala!
On his reco I tried in Bangalore where I stay and the same service is RUBBISH because Reliance are only having DABBA 2g in B'lore
(No problem with Umesh1, please note, I should have checked whether Reliance is having fast network here)
So while replying please specify the city you are referring to!
Prakash Holla

Reco for Bangalore:
1 Please try Airtel, they have 3g but DONT use voice currency for data as very costly. Pay separate data charges and use in dongle/ smart fone
2 Please try PREPAID BSNL. Dont take postpaid as you may DL lots of data esp at night using torrent. (My then 19 year old daughter downloaded movies, serials etc giving me monthly bill of Rs 14,500 in Oct 2012!!!)
3 Dont take 3G docomo as no network
4 Dont take aircel, they offer "3g" on 2g network. so called wcdma, dabba connection, waste of Rs 450 prepaid for 3m
5 Dont take vodafone/ spice/ reliance as offer only 2g
biznet
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

before purchasing first check whether you are getting the 3g network at your place, because most of the service providers only advertise and selling 3g plans but there is no 3g network in all areas.
My experience is I am getting MTNL 3g at my residence but a few buildings away it is only 2g (it is catching waves of another tower which have only 2g)

Idea/vodaphone/airtel no 3g in entire area.
Therefore before finalising check first and go for datacard.

biznet
Rebel
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have left MTS.the data for new generation.dedicated only for data networks.
svkum
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in mumbai mtnl broadband connection with landline telephone, with router for wifi works well . speed of 2mbps is sufficient for desktop/laptop/tablets
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

svkum wrote:
in mumbai mtnl broadband connection with landline telephone, with router for wifi works well . speed of 2mbps is sufficient for desktop/laptop/tablets

svk: I use similar BSNL landline in B'lore with very fast unltd connection + BSNL internal router all over my house, BUT Amit wants guidance on wireless! Cheers, Prakash Holla
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the main factor on which any wireless device (mobile, modem, etc.) depends for proper operation is whether you have relatively adequate "line of sight" with the telecom tower. Hence you need to take a survey whether you have it from your house to the nearest tower(s). Once you have it, you need to find out the service provider to whom the tower(s) belong and then decide.

Most towers are mounted on buildings which are 3-6 story high. Hence signal to houses on much level are normally poor, particularly if tower(s) is on one side of the building only and you are "blind" to it from your house.

IMHO, best is a wireless modem inside the house of any service provider who can give you a wired connection to your house.
AmitSwl_FnO
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would thank all of the following ichartians for providing their valuable inputs and time:

Vinay,PKholla,SVkum,Rebel,Biznet.

Amit AEOM AEOM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Data All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: