Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wolfe waves - my concern
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Wolfe waves - my concern
Niftyman
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Wolfe waves - my concern Reply with quote

Niftyman wrote:
my targets of NF and BNF bullish wolfes, still a few points short (of so far high of the day)
waiting for its completion

Kya bolte bhai log
target done for both NF as well as BNF

its target, no target 1 or target 2 or target 3 or 4 or 5 Laughing Laughing
there is nothing like target 1 or 2 or 3 in wolfe waves theory
only target
Niftyman
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only negative
targets were not done within ETA, but beyond some minutes late, than the stipulated time
RAJDESAI1967
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: NF Reply with quote

sirji,,could you post chart...so we can learn that
Niftyman
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting a bullish wolfe chart for the kind consideration for the members

In this chart one can see that point 6, that is target point should be done by 7.6.18 but it is not done till today, that is by 12.6.

Now my concern is

1. Whether this bullish wolfe be termed as a failed one, as target is not done in stipulated period as mentioned in theory.

OR

2. We should consider it as a valid one, even if ETA is delayed. Now question arises, if treated as valid one but delayed, then how much delayed time (in minutes, hours, days, weeks) is acceptable as valid one. And what about target, should it be original one at point 6, or it should now be extended one, as per extended ETA.

Though this concern is open for all, but I will request Sumesh ji, for his view, as he is the most experienced member here in IC, on wolfe waves.

BTW, I may add that I am discussing here only for point 6 timing and nothing else and similarity with any other chart is coincidental and no bearing on views on that chart.

Chart.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.16 KB
 Viewed:  325 Time(s)

Chart.png

Sun08
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two bit

My observation is that when 1-3 and 2-4 converge sharply, concept of ETA never works. even otherwise ETA is at best a guesstimate. wolfe himself didn't give much importance to ETA, if you read his and his students' notes.

In the past I had tried to find likely delay in such cases but I could find no definite pattern to estimate when this happens.
sumesh_sol
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niftyman wrote:
Posting a bullish wolfe chart for the kind consideration for the members .....

The proper selection of point1 make all the difference in perceived ETA and actual ETA. Now whether target arrives as per ETA even in perfectly identified WW cannot be said for certainty. I have seen in my experience targets hitting at ETA with 100% precisions in many cases, but also in other cases they arrive early or delayed...

My understanding of ETA is "if everything remains same, price may hit target at approx. time indicated by ETA"...May be market volatility or sudden change due to some strong underlying theory causes these deviations

Like I mentioned, selection of point1 is very critical in drawing proper WW, and its difficult to put in words. Probably with experience your eyes get trained to feel comfortable with a possible WW.

Regards,
Niftyman
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sun08 wrote:
My two bit

My observation is that when 1-3 and 2-4 converge sharply, concept of ETA never works. even otherwise ETA is at best a guesstimate. wolfe himself didn't give much importance to ETA, if you read his and his students' notes.

In the past I had tried to find likely delay in such cases but I could find no definite pattern to estimate when this happens.

Thanks Sun bro
We never knew that you have a say in wolfes also Smile
Niftyman
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-------

Last edited by Niftyman on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Niftyman
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sumesh_sol wrote:
Niftyman wrote:
Posting a bullish wolfe chart for the kind consideration for the members .....

The proper selection of point1 make all the difference in perceived ETA and actual ETA. Now whether target arrives as per ETA even in perfectly identified WW cannot be said for certainty. I have seen in my experience targets hitting at ETA with 100% precisions in many cases, but also in other cases they arrive early or delayed...

My understanding of ETA is "if everything remains same, price may hit target at approx. time indicated by ETA"...May be market volatility or sudden change due to some strong underlying theory causes these deviations

Like I mentioned, selection of point1 is very critical in drawing proper WW, and its difficult to put in words. Probably with experience your eyes get trained to feel comfortable with a possible WW.

Regards,

Thanks, for posting your point of view.

Well, I am following wolfes for some 7 years now. But hardly faced wolfes with delayed ETA (or may be I havnt paid much importance to such patterns). But lately I found too many of such patterns/incidents.

Initially, I use to avoid such patterns but now use to accept if ETA is formed within a reasonable time (in terms of candles/bars of the chart).

But still I do not pay much importance to such wolfes, because, wolfe is not the only pattern for up and down movement and up and down moves in a scrip (or in such cases) may be because of some other pattern or reason
Sun08
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sumesh_sol wrote:

Regards,

tks. this is something new to me. from what I remember to have read, wolfe has said that point 1 is of least importance and there is enough freedom for its selection unlike 2 and 3 which have to be significant pivots. tks for bringing this to our notice.
Sun08
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to dig up my library and found a document by bill wolfe. can't attach it as it is too big and hence posting images of relevant pages.

see comments on ETA in two paras of file "ETA" and comments on point 1 on files "Point 1-sh1" and "Point 1-sh2".

BTW, many charts in the document show targets met before or after ETA. volume at 5 is very important and many charts posted don't show it.

hope this helps

Point 1-sh2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  381.59 KB
 Viewed:  313 Time(s)

Point 1-sh2.png

Point 1-sh1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  502.72 KB
 Viewed:  291 Time(s)

Point 1-sh1.png

ETA.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  234.95 KB
 Viewed:  337 Time(s)

ETA.png

chandrujimrc
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Msg deleted.
Niftyman
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but I do not know, what you have posted, as I have not read it.

Laughing
chandrujimrc
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem instead of posting in the regular thread I have wrongly posted here and deleted.
Niftyman
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #15   PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny logic

you posted here at 11.52
and in regular thread at 12.09

now dont say that you lost your internet connection in between

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: